What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
What drawer and rack did you use? I’d love to put them on mine!
Both are Nuthouse Industries. All aluminum. Turns out they work perfectly with the Ridgid weatherproof toolboxes as well. I can fit 7 in the bed.

46938D56-C5FA-43D1-AC2C-38D18AEDCBA9.jpeg
Sponsored

Timdog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT
Thanks for the heads up....maybe Ill tell the dealer to cancel. I know I saw someone post one that said "Rain Gear" or something. Bestop is REALLY dragging on Gladiator products. They told me a bikini top would be here by June....now they said mid August. Thanks to Covid I am sure.
Seems like the Rain Gear company can’t keep up with demand which is such a shame

dingy22

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator L.E billet silver
Is the front bumper the Rubi steel bumper without the flares installed? If yes, I need to find one asap, I really like the look of it!
yes it is

Sponsored

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
Took the plunge and had ceramic coating done to my JT. Originally paid for paint protection when purchased from the dealer. The company they outsourced this to was terrible and in the first photo you can see what a bad job they did. It originally came back to me with swirls on it as if they washed my Jeep with a dirty rag. When I complained as it was brand new, the dealership made sure it was “fixed”. My untrained eye at the time thought it was fine. Once I took it into the ceramic coating detailer, I saw the true extent of the damage the previous detailers had done. I’ve never washed the JT before so I never really noticed the huge amounts of swirls in the paint. Either way, all good. My dealership covered the 12 hours of work and cost the ceramic pro detailing company took to paint correct, polish and fix the plastic trim which was also damaged by being polished over with wax. All said and done, now the rokblokz front and rear mud flaps can go on to help with preventing stone chips and mud spray along the sides.

4D06CE75-9BC0-4A94-91E7-525BACDED514.jpeg

DF77E757-9EB5-4A04-896E-B69AFE3A9A98.jpeg

7F7719EC-75DD-4256-A2A8-ED9FAE889815.jpeg

E5462E00-75CF-4003-9DF6-9FC1C951C776.jpeg

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Took the plunge and had ceramic coating done to my JT. Originally paid for paint protection when purchased from the dealer. The company they outsourced this to was terrible and in the first photo you can see what a bad job they did. It originally came back to me with swirls on it as if they washed my Jeep with a dirty rag. When I complained as it was brand new, the dealership made sure it was “fixed”. My untrained eye at the time thought it was fine. Once I took it into the ceramic coating detailer, I saw the true extent of the damage the previous detailers had done. I’ve never washed the JT before so I never really noticed the huge amounts of swirls in the paint. Either way, all good. My dealership covered the 12 hours of work and cost the ceramic pro detailing company took to paint correct, polish and fix the plastic trim which was also damaged by being polished over with wax. All said and done, now the rokblokz front and rear mud flaps can go on to help with preventing stone chips and mud spray along the sides.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] E5462E00-75CF-4003-9DF6-9FC1C951C776

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] E5462E00-75CF-4003-9DF6-9FC1C951C776

Looks great, what was the cost of the ceramic coating if you dont mind me asking?!

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
Looks great, what was the cost of the ceramic coating if you dont mind me asking?!
Canadian it was $1890 and converted over that’s around $1400 USD. I got the highest end service which is their “Gold” package. I was going to get their Silver package which probably would have been fine at $900 USD. My neighbour has a friend with a detailing business and his cost would have been much cheaper, but since the dealership was paying for 12 hours of labour for paint correction, I decided to go with these guys as well, their reviews for detailing were excellent. That said...the above prices are before paint correction. Originally the quote I got over the phone was around $300 for paint correction as my JT was new and never washed. Little did I know about the damage done to it by the dealership detailers they were originally using...Paint correction was billed to the dealership at $700 USD which they took care of for me.

It can be done DIY but I don’t have any of the skills or patience to do a proper paint correction. Everything I’ve researched is if the paint is properly polished and prepped the better the outcome. If the preparation of your paint isn’t done right, the ceramic coating will just lock in the swirls and imperfections.

Sponsored

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Canadian it was $1890 and converted over that’s around $1400 USD. I got the highest end service which is their “Gold” package. I was going to get their Silver package which probably would have been fine at $900 USD. My neighbour has a friend with a detailing business and his cost would have been much cheaper, but since the dealership was paying for 12 hours of labour for paint correction, I decided to go with these guys as well, their reviews for detailing were excellent. That said...the above prices are before paint correction. Originally the quote I got over the phone was around $300 for paint correction as my JT was new and never washed. Little did I know about the damage done to it by the dealership detailers they were originally using...Paint correction was billed to the dealership at $700 USD which they took care of for me.

It can be done DIY but I don’t have any of the skills or patience to do a proper paint correction. Everything I’ve researched is if the paint is properly polished and prepped the better the outcome. If the preparation of your paint isn’t done right, the ceramic coating will just lock in the swirls and imperfections.
Thanks for the info!!

htremper

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (with toddler booster seat!)
Occupation
Rockstar
Installed 4 traction boards under my RTT.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_8049

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_8049

You clever clever b*stard!!! I am stealing that move tomorrow morning.

thank you

Reactions: DrJ

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Ordered my Rock Hard sliders with angled up steps and picked up a set of Rubicon springs and shocks. Install on all parts soon. Hopefully the delivery for the sliders will not take too long.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Just starting my "mild" Jeep project list. Mostly cosmetic upgrades (sill guards, console covers). The next couple of days will be the more substantial upgrades. Yesterday was task 1-3 of 7:
DONE PRO- 1. Install Rhino raptor bed liner (THANKS to the team over @ Axleboy Offroad)!!
DONE DIY - 1A. Install 115V weather proof "pigtail" outlet with Kydex cover (you'll see why in task 5)
DONE DIY - 2. Install Oracle auxiliary LED bed lighting (tie into existing bed lights)
3. DIY Install ZROADZ mini 3" LED floods.
4. DIY install JCR Offroad Overhead MOLLE Panel (along with BTECH 25x4 VHF/UHF Radio)
5. DIY install DECKED full bed cargo management system
6. DIY install JCR Offroad FULL height bed rack (and run VHF-UHF antenna cable)
7. DIY install ROTOPAX mounts.

Hope you enjoy

I just ordered a set of the Oracle Bed lights. Mind sharing any issues you had tying them into the existing rear bed lights? Thanks!
Sponsored