Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
RiP ..hit and run...quarter panel is beyond warrped.
That sucks. I thought I was having a bad day when I went out this morning to find my new 197 mile Gladiator with a flat tire.

I hope you can get yours fixed back up in short order.

Deleted member 30519

That sucks. I thought I was having a bad day when I went out this morning to find my new 197 mile Gladiator with a flat tire.

I hope you can get yours fixed back up in short order.
I'm the idiot for having a $1,000 deductable too. I havnt been in a fault accident in 20 years so I figured I'd be good. I never thought about getting hit by an illegal with no insurance. Idk know if the quarter panel can be fixed. It's hard to tell in the pics but it bubbles out in a warp. The tailgate is out of alignment too. To make things worse I can't even get it inspected with geico until next Fri with my work schedule.

Look above rear flare

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200801_140825__01

IMG_20200801_141238.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is more noticeable in your second set of photos.

But, don't beat yourself up. Wasn't your fault anyways. And, insurance usually sucks no matter what. Think of the money you saved in the 20 years with a higher deductible. Probably a wash.

Deleted member 30519

It is more noticeable in your second set of photos.

But, don't beat yourself up. Wasn't your fault anyways. And, insurance usually sucks no matter what. Think of the money you saved in the 20 years with a higher deductible. Probably a wash.
So you think this can be fixed ?

Sponsored

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Deleted member 30519

Virtually everything can be fixed. It just depends on cost.

It looks like a complete, new OEM bed (box) lists for $5835 but can be bought for $3850. Add a bumper, some hardware, paint and labor. I'm no adjuster but I'd be shocked if that can't be fixed.

Of course, if there is frame damage, things could change.

https://parts.moparonlineparts.com/...vciZ5PTIwMjAmdD1vdmVybGFuZCZlPTMtNmwtdjYtZ2Fz
Any ideas how I can get my tailgate down ? I can't get an inspection until next Friday. I don't wanna force it but I kinda wanted to take off my soft cover before It gets worked on in the near future.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200801_153659~01

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
How are the latched on those. I have had to adjust the heck out of my cheap ones. They still rattle from time to time, and are hard for the kids to shut.
Mine were easy. The hinges come with the bolts loose. Drop in the doors and close them. tighten the hinge bolt from underneath then tighten the 2 hibge bolts on each side and adjust the latch spacer as needed.

BRuce

Sponsored

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any ideas how I can get my tailgate down ? I can't get an inspection until next Friday. I don't wanna force it but I kinda wanted to take off my soft cover before It gets worked on in the near future.
Based on that photo, I think I'd let the professionals at the body shop try to drop it. The tailgate might not be damaged due to the hit 'n run, but you may damage it trying to open it.

I'd also express my concerns with possible damage the top during repairs and either see if you can pick it up when they go to strip it down or have them verify that it will stored appropriately and be in the same condition when you pick the vehicle back up.

Of course, take plenty of pictures beforehand and also, right in front of them, at the body shop. I' do that EVERY time I have to bring a vehicle to the dealer. It shows I care about my vehicle and also puts them on notice that I will point out any issues they caused. This also helped me at a bodyshop (another vehicle) when I saw new scratches AFTER they called and told me to pick the vehicle up. I showed them the photos I took in THEIR lot when I dropped it off where there were no scratches. They apologized, and fixed it again.

Deleted member 30519

Based on that photo, I think I'd let the professionals at the body shop try to drop it. The tailgate might not be damaged due to the hit 'n run, but you may damage it trying to open it.

I'd also express my concerns with possible damage the top during repairs and either see if you can pick it up when they go to strip it down or have them verify that it will stored appropriately and be in the same condition when you pick the vehicle back up.

Of course, take plenty of pictures beforehand and also, right in front of them, at the body shop. I' do that EVERY time I have to bring a vehicle to the dealer. It shows I care about my vehicle and also puts them on notice that I will point out any issues they caused. This also helped me at a bodyshop (another vehicle) when I saw new scratches AFTER they called and told me to pick the vehicle up. I showed them the photos I took in THEIR lot when I dropped it off where there were no scratches. They apologized, and fixed it again.
You don't gotta tell me I've issues everytime I've got a repair done at a body shop that's why I'm cringing the idea. I just noticed when the sun was going down the tailgate is damaged too..smh

I was able to crack the tailgate slightly to do the latches to the Tonneau cover at least.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200801_164915__01

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200801_163144

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company