Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I ordered parts today for a Gladiator that doesn't even exist yet. Got a Corsa Sport exhaust, Max Modular Tonneau-ready aluminum bed rack, a MOPAR cab cover (backordered), and touch-up paint. My JT isn't even more than raw steel and aluminum at this point. Still, that what's I did for "my" Gladiator today...
I returned my exhaust after hearing a few in person. They sound like your typical 6 banger. The sound bytes from the manufacturer sound way better than in person. I was grumpy about that. I have also heard a bunch of negative reviews on the Mopar cab cover not fitting well and being super thin. Mpst reccomend the Rain Gear cover .... if you can catch one in stock. Thats what I went with. Happy trucking! The wait SUCKS!
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I have used my Mopar can cover several times now and I think it works great.

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
I have used my Mopar can cover several times now and I think it works great.
I've heard nothing but good reviews from two people I messaged about using it as well! That makes you number three!

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I've heard nothing but good reviews from two people I messaged about using it as well! That makes you number three!
Ive heard its thin and doesnt strap down well and easily blows around in wind. I've also heard that if you are out with your freedom panels off it doesnt fit well over the rest of the top.

The rain gear cover is much more heavy duty for near the same price. Just sounds like a better buy.

To each their own I suppose.

trust

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any data to support cold air intakes and/or exhaust systems being beneficial? I watched a youtube (so it must be scientifically valid) dyno of one of the popular cold air intakes and the numbers actually went down... except for noise. I've been reluctant to move down that path as a result

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any data to support cold air intakes and/or exhaust systems being beneficial? I watched a youtube (so it must be scientifically valid) dyno of one of the popular cold air intakes and the numbers actually went down... except for noise. I've been reluctant to move down that path as a result
Cold air works best on non-injected legacy cars, etc. It may help in cases where the intake air is actually HOT or warmer than ideal.
If you are racing, it matters - good example is a friend of mine took his Mercedes down the track at one of our events on test and tune night (before the actual races the next day)
He found he could shave a couple of tenths off his time if he opened the hood while in staging and let things cool off. His first run was usually good, then the next couple went down, then he opened the hood to cool things down in between and it helped. Another friend had a 4 headlight car and took out the center two lights and used those openings to shove cooler air into the carburetor - and his times were better just with that mod.
But will you notice it on a JT? Meh, I doubt it. I think on modern vehicles it's more of a psychological thing, the butt dyno always gives better numbers if you put on something you believe will help. "Yeah, it definitely feels better!"
Cool air is denser air, more oxygen, but then your computer is reading the exhaust and countering with different fuel going in. How hot is the air going into the engine? Will the "cold air intake" really be OUTSIDE of the engine bay? If not, why bother?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Bryan - can you leave that shade on with the panels in place? Say you want to pop them back on quick for an Iowa popcord storm? Or must the cover come off before putting the freedom panels back on?

My wife says the price is right - and wondering what when we have the full roof off, too.
(she asked about how it would mount with the doors off, I already explained "roll bars"-works with doors off or on.......)
I have the small one for the Freedom Tops.. You can leave it on too.

I had the full size SpiderWebShade on my JKUR and it was the reason I bought their product again. Best thing fir the blazing sun

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have the small one for the Freedom Tops.. You can leave it on too.

I had the full size SpiderWebShade on my JKUR and it was the reason I bought their product again. Best thing fir the blazing sun
I think I'm going for the full one as one never knows............ if I get the front only and then change my mind, then I've bought twice. I looked at the install PDF and it's interesting how it goes on - worst part would be the windshield, and I would have to take the roof off to install it but that's not that big a deal.
Our biggest issue was the sun shining in on those 95 degree days.

https://www.spiderwebshade.com/collections/gladiator/products/jtgladiator?variant=28329492316246

She wants the doors off next........

trust

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks shadows papa I understand the theory and I know it works in some cases, I just wonder if theres a real world benefit on a modern vehicle, between the two it's nearly a kilobuck investment

Thanks

Sponsored

DaddyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Site superintendent
Vehicle Showcase

DaddyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Site superintendent
Vehicle Showcase
I'll delete it if it makes you
Why did you feel the need to start a new thread with the same title as an existing and hugely popular thread? BTW, I like the post just prefer you would have used a different subject/title or posted it in the other thread...

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-gladi

I'll delete it if it makes you feel better.......I figured it would get sent to that thread.....sorry I'm new to the forum, and not very good with the computer

DougM55

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
How did you end up mounting the rear camera? I have the same setup and am trying to figure out where to put the rear cam and still have the option to remove the hard top.
i just ran across the Vector Offroad track that mounts under the sport bar with the speaker screws. Looked like a good option to mount a rear-facing cam with the top on or off.

ciarraikerry

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Occupation
Biologist
i just ran across the Vector Offroad track that mounts under the sport bar with the speaker screws. Looked like a good option to mount a rear-facing cam with the top on or off.
I just used a camera with an external rear camera. Mounted it above the license plate and has clearance when the tailgate is open. My camera is hardwired so it’s watching even when parked.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 591ABA93-29EE-4D74-8D02-94DD1C9817D2

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Mine fits pretty snug and has help me weather two thunderstorms. The Jeep logo looks pretty cool. It fits behind the backseat.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 591ABA93-29EE-4D74-8D02-94DD1C9817D2
Have you attempted to put it on with just the freedom panels off or with the top off and doors on? Thats where I am hearing of fitment issues. From what I heard it really only fits and works well with the entire top and doors off. That is usually how I run in summer but I would like to be covered for all scenarios.
Sponsored