Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
I started some leather work for the interior. I got the center console cover done and one of the handles. I plan to finish all the small handles, wrap the large one on the passenger side and possibly do some headrest covers. Sorry about the quality of the photos.

20200807_193130.jpg
20200807_193334.jpg
is the handle wrap two layers? If so why? Just asking.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My wife said the roof can't come off again until I get some sort of shade for it as she was tired of getting a sunburn every trip but enjoyed the top off otherwise. My scalp agreed (thinning hair).
So here's the JT prepped for spiderwebshade install.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20200807_100635_HDR

It's actually a pretty simple install. The only "Trick" I found was keeping the front corner straps from getting into the windshield bolt boss area - so it wouldn't get pinched when putting the windshield back up and the bolts back in.
The red lines are where the front cords should go - the yellow is what must be avoided. So you connect the 4 front cords or straps first, leaving the rest hanging inside, and set the windshield back up - again making sure the outer cords haven't moved to the yellow marked area on each side. Keep those cords where the red lines are and all will be fine. The two that go in the middle area don't get close to the attachment point for the windshield.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] windshield-down

You remove specific trim screws (T25) and install these "spools" under the screws. They furnish a bit that can be used with the Jeep ratchet, but I found a T25 screwdriver a lot faster.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20200807_112406_HDR

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20200807_113104_HDR

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20200807_112332

It will be VERY interesting to see how simple it is to put the panels back on as the levers must be turned to lock them in - and one is more of a flip latch thing. How to get to those? Will see later, I guess.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20200807_113335_HDR

dsgood78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - North Edition
Added some steps. Now I just need to sell the Rubicon rock sliders.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20200807_113335_HDR

Who did you order the decals from? I’ve seen all the offerings, just want the best match/best cost.

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Got the Rubi shocks on. Will attack the springs when I get access to the shop and lift or go to Denver and Use proper jacks and jack stands.

The rears were pretty self explanatory. I hope the fronts are on the right way. Looked correct to me.

5C9BB1D7-4CA1-4443-AB64-C2A2279D9A5C.jpeg

AF4A54FA-3C89-44E2-8305-FA3C2B8CCFAB.jpeg

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
I finished up my ARB CKMTA12 install yesterday. I went with the DV8 under hood mounting bracket and routed the line to the front bumper where I have an ARB quick disconnect. I made slight modification to the control harness and wired it into accessory switch #4.

Overall, it was an easy install, but I’m not super excited about how close the compressor is to the driver side cat. I may make a heat shield out of aluminum plate sheet, or may not.

......and I forgot to take a single picture. I may risk angering the plastic automotive clip gods and take the fender flare off again to document the install. I managed to not break a single clip during the install.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Got the Rubi shocks on. Will attack the springs when I get access to the shop and lift or go to Denver and Use proper jacks and jack stands.

The rears were pretty self explanatory. I hope the fronts are on the right way. Looked correct to me.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200806_185508

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200806_185508
Yup - and you can verify the rears by checking my "shocked by ......" thread where I talk about swapping my shocks and springs, I asked which way they do and was confirmed I was correct in placement.
You will appreciate those shocks. At least I did on my OVERLAND. What a difference. Much better road feel, less bouncy.
Good job.

MVP89

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Installed XD820 Grenade wheels with Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Jeep Gladiator XD820 and Nitto

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I read that BEFORE I put the rears on. :) Good intel is always appreciated.
I figure I will do the JKS quickness's discos when I do the springs. And then I need to revisit the skid plates. I't going to be hot here today and I wanted the shocks done before the heat sets in.

Yup - and you can verify the rears by checking my "shocked by ......" thread where I talk about swapping my shocks and springs, I asked which way they do and was confirmed I was correct in placement.
You will appreciate those shocks. At least I did on my OVERLAND. What a difference. Much better road feel, less bouncy.
Good job.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
I'm digging those. Reminds me of the vintage BBS rims. Wonder how they would look in copper or gold.

Installed XD820 Grenade wheels with Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Jeep Gladiator XD820 and Nitto

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Just finished a shakedown ride. Around town, over known bumps, on the highway to about 75mph.
Plush for sure. Though I need to let more air out. With the 90 degree heat we have my tires are up to 39-40 again over the usual 35-36. I was bouncing quite a bit and I'd attribute that to 40PSI in 33s.

Good job.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just finished a shakedown ride. Around town, over known bumps, on the highway to about 75mph.
Plush for sure. Though I need to let more air out. With the 90 degree heat we have my tires are up to 39-40 again over the usual 35-36. I was bouncing quite a bit and I'd attribute that to 40PSI in 33s.
That'll do it. Mine, too - when I start to feel a different ride I check tire pressure, especially when the tires make a lot more noise on uneven surfaces - and I usually find the pressure is up there. When we get to 90+ here, I have to tweak the tire pressure (and that's before driving it on the road)
Sponsored