Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
A couple months ago, I installed a Fox steering stabilizer to take care of the wandering. I was having to drive with two hands and constantly making adjustments. It felt as if it had excessive oversteer. The new steering stabilizer took care of that. However, I noticed that it amplified the pull to the right. I saw several members had referenced a recently released TSB 08-074-20 for an "improved steering feel". To my surprise, it actually contains hardware change (steering box, steel bolts, etc.). I removed the Fox stabilizer and took in to the dealer this morning. During my drive in, I noticed that the stock steering configuration actually felt okay. I was sensitive to the wandering and pull to the right, but it was not as pronounced as before. The only thing I noticed is just a slight pull to the right and the steering wheel not centered.

The service person stated that he recalled a recent customer who had their Jeep have the TSB implemented. I have a follow up appointment for them to check it out. I'll post an update. Based on how the steering felt, I'm 95% confident that the service tech won't see any issue - maybe just an alignment and recentering of the steering wheel. My experience with my previous JK was similiar- the alignment was spot on, but it experienced a slight pull to the right.

If it turns out that the steering gear (and software) is fine, I'll be installing a Falcon adjustable shaft through stabilizer. I did notice that the Fox stabilizer had a tendency to extend on its own, thus putting a constant pre-load on the steering, likely amplifying the pull. Surprisingly, the stock stabilizer remained in a relative neutral position throughout the travel.

More to come on the steering issue...

I also pointed out to the service manager that my alarm has been going off randomly for no reason. Unfortunately, I need to take it to the original dealer from which I purchased. Apparently, each dealer uses a company of their choosing. If anyone else has experienced this, I would appreciate any tips or hints to resolve this.

When I put my JT back to stock configuration, a mod I missed right away was my Pedal Commander. It felt as if I lost about 20-30 hp, based on my "butt dyno". It was really noticeable when taking off from a complete stop. The throttle lag made it feel really sluggish. I highly recommend the Pedal Commander. It was also my favorite mod on my old JK.

Mayhem 6

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR; 2020 JLUR; 2015 JKW; 2016 JKUR (Sold); 2014 JKSS (Sold); 2008 JKUR (Sold)
Put some Mopar bed cargo rails in, some Artec cargo rails on, Threw an old Ace cargo basket on the rails, then mounted a JCR skid plate and my old license plate.

6BDD66B3-CF98-4A4C-B804-200E2CB303CC.jpeg

97C9FBE6-AE1E-4726-AB7E-B0B91B7F192F.jpeg

Sponsored

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Put some Mopar bed cargo rails in, some Artec cargo rails on, Threw an old Ace cargo basket on the rails, then mounted a JCR skid plate and my old license plate.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] D38A63D9-3848-4113-8280-27AD23C1ABB4

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] D38A63D9-3848-4113-8280-27AD23C1ABB4
What year were you in kbl, I was there 2012-2013. I made a tone of those plates for our Vic's. Lol

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
The service person stated that he recalled a recent customer who had their Jeep have the TSB implemented. I have a follow up appointment for them to check it out. I'll post an update. Based on how the steering felt, I'm 95% confident that the service tech won't see any issue - maybe just an alignment and recentering of the steering wheel. My experience with my previous JK was similiar- the alignment was spot on, but it experienced a slight pull to the right.

If it turns out that the steering gear (and software) is fine, I'll be installing a Falcon adjustable shaft through stabilizer. I did notice that the Fox stabilizer had a tendency to extend on its own, thus putting a constant pre-load on the steering, likely amplifying the pull. Surprisingly, the stock stabilizer remained in a relative neutral position throughout the travel.
the tech doesn’t decide if you need it or not. The TSB states - if the customer indicates he has wander or pull (as you indicate you do), that they are to replace the steering gear and flash he EHPS system. Insist on the replacement. Don’t settle for just an alignment.
Read the TSB thread for more info.

Mayhem 6

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR; 2020 JLUR; 2015 JKW; 2016 JKUR (Sold); 2014 JKSS (Sold); 2008 JKUR (Sold)
What year were you in kbl, I was there 2012-2013. I made a tone of those plates for our Vic's. Lol
Dec 11 - Dec 12. Advised the ANA/AAF QRF at KAIA. That plate came off one of our soft skin TLCs...

Sponsored

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
the tech doesn’t decide if you need it or not. The TSB states - if the customer indicates he has wander or pull (as you indicate you do), that they are to replace the steering gear and flash he EHPS system. Insist on the replacement. Don’t settle for just an alignment.
Read the TSB thread for more info.
You're correct. According to the TSB, they are to perform the procedure "If the customer describes the symptom/condition listed above". I'll continue insisting. Thanks.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Added some led bulbs for the taillights and reverse lights. 3157.is what the stock ones are but the Sylvania Zevo 3157r would not fit. I ended to taking a chance on the zevo 7443r and they fit. Used the Sylvania led 921 for the reverse lights and wow what a difference.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200829_211944
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200829_185340
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20200829_211929

You want have any trouble seeing to back up with these installed and the brake light, they will definitely see you braking. I'm happy.