Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Installed an ARB Twin air compressor under the passenger seat today.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Mojave ARB Twin
Sponsored

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
Performance Parts badge
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20200909_170054

Yossarian

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20200909_170054

Installed the Pace edwards full metal jack rabbit (gloss black)....love it!
Just curious. Do these type of bed covers rattle while the truck is in motion? Do they loosen up over time and rattle? Thanks.

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
With family in the truck and trailer in tow, the rear suspension was real soft. Very bouncy. So I added some airbags to the rear springs. These are the AirLift 1000 bags. I use a Harbor Freight travel pump to pump them up. Then use a PSI gauge to dial the PSI in. When I am not towing, they run at 5 psi. Can't really feel them at that setting. Not sure what psi I will run them with the trailer. I will set it up once I have the trailer attached.

I set up the schrader inside the rear right fender. It is tucked up so it wont get damaged. You can set it up so the bags air up separately or together. I set it up so they air up together. Makes it easier to use and I figured if one failed down the road, I would prefer them both to fail. That way the truck doesn't become unbalanced while driving.

I put these on a few weeks ago for hauling purposes. I run mine at 10 PSI if I am not hauling and at 20 - 25 PSI depending on hauling my UTV or boat. My boat is about 5k lbs. dry - at 25 PSI it helps a lot with the rear squatting.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I put these on a few weeks ago for hauling purposes. I run mine at 10 PSI if I am not hauling and at 20 - 25 PSI depending on hauling my UTV or boat. My boat is about 5k lbs. dry - at 25 PSI it helps a lot with the rear squatting.
Good to hear. I had it at 10psi but could still feel the additional stiffness. So I dropped it to its minimum psi setting. I have a weight distribution hitch on my trailer so it sits pretty level. It's just really soft when driving. So I think the air bags will help. Plus it will be nice to use them when I have a heavy payload.

I was thinking 20-25 would work for me towing as well.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Does "what did you pay someone else to do to you gladiator today" count?

There is a spot within a mile from my house on a rural road where at 50 mph before the death wobble was flat out SCARY. Made a point of driving over it at 50 & then flipped a couple U turns to do it again at 65.. Still a little shimmy after I go over, but its no longer scary.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_0839

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
I know this has been posted on here but this needs to be on every one of those “Ten Cheap Jeep Items Every Jeep Owner Needs!” lists.

So much faster than trying to play with the crappy little wrench in the tool kit. Start bolts by hand and then, “bbbbbzipp.” Done. (Watch the torque flipping the attachment over when you are around paint and the bolt stops moving) $25 well spent.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_0839
What’s the name or part number of the tool?

Sponsored

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Here is where I bought the mounting kit (see link). Installation is a bit tedious, with wiring, trimming carpet, and notching the heating air conditioning duct that goes to the rear seat. The good part of notching the heating and air conditioning duct is that it creates a vent that lets you blow air right on the compressor. Before starting the compressor set the thermostat to "LO", and on the "floor" setting, and turn the fan on high. You will have cooled air blowing right on the compressor while it is running.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...0220-arb-twin-air-compressor-mounting-bracket

Last edited:

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Here is where I bought the mounting kit (see link). Installation is a bit tedious, with wiring, trimming carpet, and notching the heating air conditioning duct that goes to the rear seat. The good part of notching the heating and air conditioning duct is that it creates a vent that lets you blow air right on the compressor. Before starting the compressor set the thermostat to "Low", and on the "floor" setting, and turn the fan on high. You will have cooled air blowing right on the compressor while it is running.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...0220-arb-twin-air-compressor-mounting-bracket
If I didnt have a subwoofer & amp under the passenger seat this is exactly what I would of gotten. Instead I am settling for a single HO ARB & mounting it under the hood.