Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Super Trucker...
Not much today..

Just made a tire pressure adjustment and re-checked the lug nut torque.
Sponsored

Rayzzz

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I got to find a way to pop that cam out a little more. Z Automotive....You got that mount available yet?

I've narrowed down my wind noise to the door seal. It doesn't look terribly out of alignment but there's definitely more noise without the tape. When you say alignment are you referring to hinge pin or the hinge mount screws?
IMG_20200915_160322.jpg
IMG_20200915_160346.jpg
IMG_20200915_160340.jpg
I have a wind noise in the same area but have not worked on solving it yet.
My jeep likes my money

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
Successful install: Rusty's rear lower control arm skid (frame side) and Rock Hard 4x4 rear shock mount skid. Solid products, easy install.

Failed install: Rock Hard 4x4 rear lower control arm skids. I pushed, pulled, pried, grinded, pulled again, grinded more, and could not get the holes to line up to put the bolt back through. Maybe a shop with a lift can do it for me later.

Future install: Rock Hard 4x4 front control arm skids. Ran out of time dealing with above.

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
A few things today, removed the front doors for the first time, took the freedom panels and hardtop off.
Installed the hothead headliners. No big deal doing it.
Took my kid around the neighborhood with no front doors and roof on, it was enjoyed immensely.

After I installed the front doors, I had an error message that the BSM was not functioning, a quick online search and it was related to the wired connectors for the doors. Had to contort myself to look at the connection pins on the body side, figured out that maybe two of the pins were misaligned slightly, then had to bend them back gently. After screwing with it for 30 mins I got it working again. From my online searching it looks like a pretty common issue for the JL and thus the JT, to me its a really delicate setup, wish they had a more robust connector. Anyway I'll be a lot more careful when removing it in the future.

After that then it was time to put on my license plates, I had a VLED's rear license plate LED reverse light sitting in my garage for over three years, I figured that this would work good on my JT so I wired it up. It's bright for sure.

Some pics:

Doors off
i-SxwwS4K-L.jpg

Hardtop off
i-qS6hgQD-L.jpg

Headliners
i-4Lg69xL-L.jpg

i-dwggLnw-L.jpg

i-3CcPXMK-L.jpg

Annoying connectors
i-DnF5VDm-L.jpg

VLED rear LED reverse (excuse the crappy license plate blocking)
i-QHdTZzQ-L.jpg

Sponsored

Ols5370

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland. BMW X4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrical worker
Removed the silver from the overland model and painted the honeycomb red. All the exterior silver is gone now. Time for the inside. If anyone has any tips on interior door handle I would appreciate it.
E7EEFC2E-5420-4583-9AA7-8510E24B5036.jpeg

Sponsored

RemodelMonster

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 CC LB 4X4 PS, Chevy Bolt,
Occupation
General Contractor - remodeling Bathrooms and Kitchens
The top won’t fit under the bars as shown in the pics. The easiest approach is to loosen two screws in the feet and take them off.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] E7EEFC2E-5420-4583-9AA7-8510E24B5036

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] E7EEFC2E-5420-4583-9AA7-8510E24B5036
Can the crossbars be loosened and then slid all the way forward to get about 75% of the bed available? I'm guessing that you would have to make something up to secure the X4 to the crossbar.

Bkinnell

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Director of Culinary operations
Removed the silver from the overland model and painted the honeycomb red. All the exterior silver is gone now. Time for the inside. If anyone has any tips on interior door handle I would appreciate it.
The honeycomb red looks great! What did you use?

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
First I got my ARB High Output single installed. I went with this one specifically because of the location making sure it would leave plenty of room between it & the cat. Wasn't sure where I was going to put an outlet, but knew I wanted it up high as to require the hood to be open to use it. That way if its being used to air up the hood is open so it'll help keep things cool. Used the ARB mount & cut it down then drilled a single centered hole for the mount. The hose for that is the 0.5m hose so its a nice short run. It basically drops straight down with just a little jog in it. Also I didn't realize I didn't have the ARB manifold so I had to run to Ace Hardware to get what you see there. I like the brass anyway.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_0940
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_0941
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_0942

Then I put my stock tires back on. 3 of 4 of my new tires got delivered Friday & since I will be dismounting & remounting during the week I wanted to be able to take my sweet ass time on the beadlocks. With my old 35's my kid said my truck missed leg day.. Now it REALLY looks like it.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_0947

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Installed Rubicon F/R Shocks & Front Springs.
Installed stubby antenna.
Sponsored