What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Made a hoist/pulley system for the rooftop tent and took it off for winter storage.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] D51F8738-A5D4-4933-90FB-8A6801B500D4

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] D51F8738-A5D4-4933-90FB-8A6801B500D4

I am REALLY liking this. I’m going to have to explore this option since I eventually. want a rack and tent, but don’t really want it permanently installed.

Lucky1

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator max tow - 2011 honda odyssey
Just doing the air feeds for the on-board air and few asked how the KC eras looked like a bit back so here ya go

20201124_154954.jpg

20201124_154956.jpg

20201124_155001.jpg

20201124_155016.jpg

20201124_155018.jpg
That's an extremely odd angle you were able to take those pics at!

Bama_Swampfox

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland (09-14-3pm) ; Kubota 2910 Tractor; 1964 BP-1
Occupation
Retired, thank God
After many "wasted" hours (according to my bride) researching the many combinations, I finally decided on a roof rack/basket combo. What I found very confusing was whether or not use the rain gutters on the Freedom Panels. Mopar distinctly says "NO", while many do indeed use them.

The other issue I still have a problem with is weight capacity. If the JT roof can only support ~140 pounds, why in the world would you have steel baskets that weigh ~40 pounds? By the time you take into account the weight of the crossbars, brackets and basket, you're left about 90 pounds of capacity.

In any case, I settled on Thule Evo Wingbars and a large Yakima Off-Grid basket. There is a surprisingly low amount of additional wind noise - at least when not loaded.

And by only attaching the bars to the gutters on the fixed roof, I can still remove the Freedom Panels without removing the rack/basket. The other things I like about the Off-Grid is that you can easily remove the wind deflector and basket cross bars for loading long flat stuff.

Like anything in life, it's certainly not perfect but fits my needs - at least at this point.....

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_2013
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_2014
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_2015
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_2020

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
After many "wasted" hours (according to my bride) researching the many combinations, I finally decided on a roof rack/basket combo. What I found very confusing was whether or not use the rain gutters on the Freedom Panels. Mopar distinctly says "NO", while many do indeed use them.

The other issue I still have a problem with is weight capacity. If the JT roof can only support ~140 pounds, why in the world would you have steel baskets that weigh ~40 pounds? By the time you take into account the weight of the crossbars, brackets and basket, you're left about 90 pounds of capacity.

In any case, I settled on Thule Evo Wingbars and a large Yakima Off-Grid basket. There is a surprisingly low amount of additional wind noise - at least when not loaded.

And by only attaching the bars to the gutters on the fixed roof, I can still remove the Freedom Panels without removing the rack/basket. The other things I like about the Off-Grid is that you can easily remove the wind deflector and basket cross bars for loading long flat stuff.

Like anything in life, it's certainly not perfect but fits my needs - at least at this point.....

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_2020
I've used that same basket on a couple of my 2DR JLs. They are terrific. I often used it to carry my spare tire (because it looks cool).

Sponsored

Sponsored

DrJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Overland
Nicely done. I also like how you have the RTT mounted quite lower than most that I have seen. Is that custom mounting?
Thanks!

It's not custom; it's the Truck Covers USA tonneau with Yakima rails installed from factory and Yakima rack installed on it. RTT is then mounted to the Yakima rack.

Kirk_Dirksen

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] CF16D3ED-2527-41DD-8AF1-11975DA6BA83
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] CF16D3ED-2527-41DD-8AF1-11975DA6BA83
Thanks for posting this! I’ve been trying to find the same solution that allows use of the freedom panels. Love this forum 🤙🏼🤙🏼

Deleted member 30519

IMG_2013.jpg
IMG_2014.jpg
IMG_2015.jpg
IMG_2020.jpg
Nice rack :like:

I was on the fence about the weight capacity on the gutters too but took a chance with the Mopar roof rails. So far it's been great but I haven't had the chance to add a basket yet. I think I'll wait until winters over with.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20201121_163327