Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Cold again, no place to go, no reason to go any place. Stocked up on food, even stocked up on wild bird food for the next 4 weeks. But I was curious as heck, so:
Opened door, walked into garage, opened JT driver door, got into seat, closed door (pretty exciting so far, eh?! But it gets better)
Foot off brake, pushed start button twice to put into run mode.
Chose "settings" on the big screen.
Choose lights, YEAH! It's there, it shows up now.
All things indicate the auto high beams should now function.
Now the hard part -
Took picture,
exited settings screen
Pushed ignition button once to turn off system
Exited truck - sent photo to my chromebook in my shop.......
Posted it here.
And that's what I did to my Gladiator today. Whew, I'm exhausted!
(I see I need to rearrange the icons better on that screen - sure don't need the "controls" icon there but that's for another day's work)

I guess it really does take TIME for things to appear. In this case, about 24 hours.
When I added the passive entry stuff - it worked but took about 24 hours to show up in the settings menus!

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210111_103653_HDR
Sponsored

eligius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I will add an additional photo or two about how easy it was. The plastic air dam underneath did need very minor cutting so the receiver sticks out. Also, the sheet metal cross form underneath was removed to accommodate the receiver. Plow is level true and plumb. Took 45 min to add the mount to the truck. I’m not familiar with similarities between my sport and rubicon. I assume they are the same. I tried to follow your link but it wouldn’t load.
It did load perfectly. Thanks.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/front-hitch-receiver.24377/page-6

RVCA_ZR

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary Gladiator
Occupation
IT
Picked up and installed take off Rubi wheels/tires. Overall the truck seems smoother on the road and I like the look more, so does the wife! Currently have take off Rubicon wheels/tires, suspension, Rubi rails, 1.5 TF leveling kit and shorter antenna. All coming together slowly but happy with the results. I think Jeep does a great job with the Rubicon wheels. I had a 2012 JK sport and put Rubi wheels on it, 20 JLR kept the stock wheels and now on my 21 80th Ann. had to go with Rubi wheels. I think they look better than most aftermarket IMO. Moving to 35s soon hopefully!
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] stock
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] rubi (2)

Sponsored

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
Nope - it uses the same array (camera and radar setup) that the ACC and forward collision warning uses. IF you don't have ACC and FCW, you can't have auto high beams.
Well, I do have it and it doesn't work.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I do have it and it doesn't work.
What did you change? And did you use jscan or something else? My understanding is that jscan doesn't have all of the access needed although I never tried jscan for this.
You have to do more than tell it that it has it or say "yes".
There are at least 4 settings, although two are actually already set - or were in my case so I just checked them and moved on. But I HAD to make the other two changes for it to work at all.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Installed special tires to grip a 5-year-old's sock when he inexplicably has one laying loose in the garage.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 028301EB-EF7E-4F86-8783-4210F661A010_1_105_c
You might want to check that the 5 yr old isn’t still in those socks!

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Installed special tires to grip a 5-year-old's sock when he inexplicably has one laying loose in the garage.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 028301EB-EF7E-4F86-8783-4210F661A010_1_105_c
What tires are those? I don’t recognize them (falken, nitro, Patagonia)

Sponsored

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
What did you change? And did you use jscan or something else? My understanding is that jscan doesn't have all of the access needed although I never tried jscan for this.
You have to do more than tell it that it has it or say "yes".
There are at least 4 settings, although two are actually already set - or were in my case so I just checked them and moved on. But I HAD to make the other two changes for it to work at all.
Well, I just went out to do the jscan again and I did it. Then went into the settings on the radio and this time it actually has the option to turn on the auto highbeams. So I will see in the morning if it is actually working. Last time I did it, the settings never showed the option. But yes, jscan has everything.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
What tires are those? I don’t recognize them (falken, nitro, Patagonia)
They are 33" x 12.5" WildTiger Crossleader tires. Yes, Wild. Tiger. The day after I got my JT Sport S, I floored it to my local wheel/tire shop as the stock wheels were killing me. The shop had a special on Jeep wheels and tires and these were the beauties that came with the package.

When I get a lift, I'll be getting 35's or 37's and will be more "choosy" with my tires. But honestly, I've taken them mildy off-road and they've actually not been bad tires.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] fuel1

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I just went out to do the jscan again and I did it. Then went into the settings on the radio and this time it actually has the option to turn on the auto highbeams. So I will see in the morning if it is actually working. Last time I did it, the settings never showed the option. But yes, jscan has everything.
I put this up for others to see, all in one place instead of hunting through other threads -

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/enabling-auto-high-beam.39066/
Sponsored