Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
@Jeepmonster

Next time you need to cut thin plastic like that, get a set of right and left Wiss Aviation sheet metal snips.

wiss-snips-m123r-64_600.jpg

They work so much easier than cutting plastic with a utility knife and not as messy as a Dremel. Dremel cutting blades are too small/expensive for real work anyways.
I should've mentioned that I tried aviation snips as well. I wasn't able to maneuver it well enough to cut through. Mine may not have been good enough quality and needs sharpening.
Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Could you tell me about your yellow lights?
They are some $37 Amazon cheapo led pods I put on to try out. I had heard the small pods do not ice up like the stock led fogs and headlights, plus they help with the Star Trek effect while driving in snow storms.
The rumors are true. I have driven in ice fog and snow. Vision is better and they did not ice up.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] jt icecubes

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Bought this storage box on eBay, didn’t use the two way tape & it seems to work fine https://www.ebay.ca/itm/143872722842

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] jt icecubes

I got the same one on Amazon a couple of weeks ago - didn't come with tape but with the console closed it can't even wiggle anyway. Good for a phone or wallet. So far hasn't bothered the cup holder.

Got my wife the cupfone thing for her GC for Christmas.

Lucky1

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator max tow - 2011 honda odyssey
They are some $37 Amazon cheapo led pods I put on to try out. I had heard the small pods do not ice up like the stock led fogs and headlights, plus they help with the Star Trek effect while driving in snow storms.
The rumors are true. I have driven in ice fog and snow. Vision is better and they did not ice up.
Thank you for the info! Would you happen to have a link? They sound about exactly what I'm looking for currently.

Sponsored

87944turbo

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Looks pretty similar to the rokblokz, but man is that a huge price difference. If the rear isn't too difficult to mount that would be a great option for 1/8th the price.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Well worth the time to figure it out. Leave more money for other stuff!

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I have a pair of the same ones and they are pretty bright. 10 watts per LED put them in the same output and name brands so it's a win win for me!

Sponsored

RemodelMonster

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 CC LB 4X4 PS, Chevy Bolt,
Occupation
General Contractor - remodeling Bathrooms and Kitchens
First, picked and installed the Revolver X4 rolling hardtop from Bak. Then, found some FrontRunner short legs with Tee slot mounts to use with my crossbars and the built in Tee slots on the X4. I've been trying for months to find a way of hauling my roof top tent and still have some useable secure storage. I'm really happy with how this worked out. The short legs (approx 6") work out because when you first start rolling the X4, the roll is so small that it easily clears the rear crossbar. By the time it gets to the front crossbar, it is too big in diameter, but during a test fit with my buddy's longer FrontRunner legs (7.6"), the rolled cover still would not clear.

It is strong and the rolled top clears the tent but allows me to reach into the side of the bed to grab some gear. At one point, I wanted to get the full rack, but my tent is so big (or the bed is so small) that after putting the tent in place, there would be no room left for gear.

I worked with a rep from FrontRunner named Farinn. She was patient and helped me put together just what I needed. I don't think that you can just order the crossbars with the tee slot mounts from the website.

20210114_195705.jpg

20210114_195829.jpg

20210114_195904.jpg

20210115_095049.jpg

20210115_095121.jpg

20210115_095158.jpg

20210115_095217.jpg

20210115_095448.jpg

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I had plans of getting my winch rewired and my bumper reinstalled but the friggin temperature never got above 45 degrees and after about 15 minutes out in it I said screw this and retreated back inside. Inside with nothing to do is always dangerous.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] A25EB646-1374-4C9F-AFAC-7337C926D52C

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I installed a curt front recriver hitch on my Mojave to carry a surf rod rack it fits fine but did require trimming the remote shock bracket and losing one bolt on each bracket, hitch went on quick really nice setup.....then I did battle with the skid plate for hours trimming little bit at a time, then at the very end it was looking like the hitch would block the skid plate, but it fit. In the end it looks like a huge hole but to put it in and pivot it and get around the braces on hitch that is what has to be done! Surf rack is about three inches higher then I’m used to, so I’ll keep the 11’and 12’ rods on the roof rack to avoid hitting stop lights.
90CE3AD9-AF7A-47F2-85AA-5C35836BD0C0.jpeg
78763369-DF91-47F2-9324-8AF890C571CB.jpeg
105B6682-C0C8-4635-8EF9-5185DED081C3.jpeg
3BE8915F-4BB4-411C-8F37-69E5CBA06D14.jpeg

I’ll take measurements of the hitch cutout on skid plate for others to work off of...Jack

TheSynapse

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
First, picked and installed the Revolver X4 rolling hardtop from Bak. Then, found some FrontRunner short legs with Tee slot mounts to use with my crossbars and the built in Tee slots on the X4. I've been trying for months to find a way of hauling my roof top tent and still have some useable secure storage. I'm really happy with how this worked out. The short legs (approx 6") work out because when you first start rolling the X4, the roll is so small that it easily clears the rear crossbar. By the time it gets to the front crossbar, it is too big in diameter, but during a test fit with my buddy's longer FrontRunner legs (7.6"), the rolled cover still would not clear.

It is strong and the rolled top clears the tent but allows me to reach into the side of the bed to grab some gear. At one point, I wanted to get the full rack, but my tent is so big (or the bed is so small) that after putting the tent in place, there would be no room left for gear.

I worked with a rep from FrontRunner named Farinn. She was patient and helped me put together just what I needed. I don't think that you can just order the crossbars with the tee slot mounts from the website.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_6020.JPG

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_6020.JPG

Where’d you get your bed rack setup? I’m looking at something similar with my roll top cover.
Sponsored