First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
As i was shopping for 37's, my shop guy says he wished he went 5.13's for 37's vs 4.88s. I ended going 35's, so i'll be going 4.88s.
everyone has different opinions based on what they want to do. Stock eq with 37’s is 4.56; so 4.88 is one step, and ive added a bunch of power. Plus i wanted to be able to go down to a 35 and not be useless
Sponsored

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
Finally on! Could of at least been a prettier day but is what it is. 17x9 +1 Fuel Covert with 35" Mickey Thompson Baja boss.

20210113_115531.jpg
Those wheels look great what is the offset on those?

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Got my bed equipped with some gear, and also installed my rockhard4x4 sliders. 2 out of 6 body mount bolts were a pain to get out, and one didn't want to go back, but with a torch and patience it got done.
My Rubicon rails are also for sale now.
PXL_20210117_221100296.jpg
PXL_20210117_221120545.jpg
PXL_20210117_221107520.jpg
PXL_20210118_201430460.jpg

PXL_20210118_234509758.jpg
How was installation on those JCR bed molle panels? Did you have to drill into the bed?

Sponsored

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
How was installation on those JCR bed molle panels? Did you have to drill into the bed?
Installation was super easy. They mount behind the trail rails with their provided brackets, and the only drilling you would have to do is enlarging the 1 mounting hole in the plastic trail rail cap at the tailgate location on each side, as the brackets push the trail rails out ~1/8". I personally just skipped that and left that fastener off, hasn't been an issue yet.

Kirk_Dirksen

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Yes, I have the 8sp automatic.

For a little more back story.

Totally stock my Rubicon I saw 17.6MPG once with the normal being 16.8-17.

I had the Mopar lift installed at the dealership at 4400 miles and they were supposed to reprogram the computer for the 35s and said they did reprogram. After the lift and “35s”, technically 315/70R17 BFG KO2, I was lucky to see 16 and the normal was 14-15.6. I would rarely see 8th above 65 and it would immediately drop to 7th or even 6th on slight inclines or overpasses. It would never hold 8th.

Towing a flatbed trailer it would drop to 10mpg, and with our 16’ TT I saw 10MPG once with the typical mileage of 6.6-8 MPG at 60 MPH and needed to stop every 130-150 miles for gas. It was terrible and would have to drop to 4th and 5th if there was a slight headwind, I t would stay in 3rd and 4th climbing the mountains out west and I am not talking the really steep inclines.

My overall average across 16000 miles, 6000 towing miles is 13.9 MPG.

A week ago I installed the AEV Procal Snap in preparation for the regear and checked my tire size, the computer showed 32.7 which would have been the stock tire size so I am pretty sure the dealership did not reprogram the computer for tire size which really ticks me off. I measured my tires which came out at 33.7 actual height, after driving and verifying the speedometer I had to drop down to 33.5 to get within 1 MPH. The speedometer is about 3/4 MPH higher than GPS which was good enough for me,

After the reprogram for the correct tire size the Gladiator would hold 8th better but would still drop a gear with slight gas pedal pressure and on overpasses. It was better and I had a slight improvement in gas mileage.

After the gear change it was immediately noticeable with the available power throughout the gears, it will hold 8th and maintain 70 in 8th easily. It has much more passing power. On the way back from North Carolina to Ohio I averaged 17.7 climbing All of the hills up I77 and would only drop to 7th and very occasionally to 6th on the larger climbs, it has much more power and never felt like it was struggling on the hills like before. I am on my second tank and just over 18MPG.

Cruising at 60-62 and on flat I am seeing 20-24 MPG depending on the terrain variation. Between 70-72 I am seeing 18-20MPG.

The regear definitely helps in getting the powerband down where it is much more noticeable and usable, I did not go with 4.88 as I only have one big towing trip each year and did not feel it was worth it as it is mostly a daily driver. I am extremely please with my choice. I am sure this is going to help with towing but the trailer is in storage until April.

One big recommendation I have is if you are going to regear, stick with Dana Spicer gears and master install kit if your needs are similar to mine. I daily drive, tow and occasional off-road use. The Dana Gears and master kit was so close to factory gears for shims needed.

If anyone is on the Wrangler forum they should reach out to @chevymitchell, he was awesome to work with!

If anyone has any questions or would like to talk about the regear, send me a PM.

Hope this helps!
Do you mind sharing a breakdown of the total cost of the regear? Thanks in advance!

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
Do you mind sharing a breakdown of the total cost of the regear? Thanks in advance!
About $2300 not including travel and hotel costs as I had mine done out of state.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

RedDevil17

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM Hydro Blue, 1999 LR Disco I
Occupation
IT
I get my redline kit sometime today...two 1/2 weeks late too. How do you like it?
Glad I did it. Smooth lift with no effort. Appreciate the customer service too. Mine was delivered in a broken mailing tube. When I discovered I was missing parts, they shipped the replacements out the same day I emailed them.

RedDevil17

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM Hydro Blue, 1999 LR Disco I
Occupation
IT
Only needed to drill the hole in the rail end if you want (I did). No drilling into the body needed. That's what turned me on to them.

They use the bolts from the trail rails and since they push the rails out a frraction of an inch, you need to drill the hole a little wider on the end near the tailgate. If you don't have the rails, they include the bolts you need. For a first-timer, I thought the installation was simple. I followed the videos on the site. They even included the things you need to bolt on a hi-lift jack as part of the package.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I replaced my n-Fab nerf bars w/ steps today.
The originals were rusting at the welds on the two brackets that bolt to the pinch weld. I was disappointed, to say the least. The welds on the tubes looked fine.
I received the replacements, and sprayed those welds with cold galvanizing spray, and black rust-preventive paint over that, so we'll see if these hold up.

Kevin

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
About $2300 not including travel and hotel costs as I had mine done out of state.
Im in Louisiana and so far it seems I will be driving out of State as well. My search for a competent re-gear shop seems to constantly send me 4-5 hours over to Tx. Not near as far as you had to travel but still. I have gone to multiple places here in CenLa asking for a reference and no one seems to be able to provide any info.

Search continues.....or Ill be heading to Dallas as of right now.
Sponsored