Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Warn tubular doors are on. Low profile tonneau is going on tomorrow. Yep .....it has started and it’s a sickness.

Shop date March 3-5 .... not saying what we are doing. 😁😁

3EA8A688-A74C-4907-81B0-5AC94D1CC58D.jpeg
Nice looking! Any rattle while driving?
Tube doors are on my list, just looking for a good deal

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Nice looking! Any rattle while driving?
Tube doors are on my list, just looking for a good deal
Crappy picture, but wifey wanted to go out for dinner. Better pics later.

These Warner tubes are worth the $$. No rattles and very very solid. They incorporate a rubber stop at door sill that tightens it all up very nicely.

Thanks to Steve at Rebel for the quick hookup.

Sponsored

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 15 JKU, 22 BMW 4, Challenger R/T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome looking truck!
Thanks! Lots more to do. Mostly hidden things that help performance off road, but the rack is bad ass. I'll post some pics when we get the customizations finished and have it back on the Jeep.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Alpine speaker upgrade for the overhead soundbar. I bought the Alpine SPV-65-JLT from Crutchfield, as it was about $50 cheaper than Amazon, and Crutchfield includes the Metra adapters, which are needed for the JTs (and JLs) that have the premium Alpine audio system. The instructions aren't the best. I've had to watch a couple YouTube videos and looked through forum threads.

Before:
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_0844

I used the included template and a pick to trace the new pattern. This worked very well for me as a pen, pencil, or marker was harder to see (irregular surfaces). The scribe/pick leaves a good mark to see and feel.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_0844

To cut the hole, I tried a jigsaw, but it was much harder to control, especially with the soundbar still installed. Then I tried an electric hot knife, but it produced toxic fumes, and the cuts immediately fused back together (molten plastic). Instructions, YouTubers, and other forum members recommended a reciprocating air saw. Others have also removed the soundbar. I left mine in place and used a box cutter (utility knife) instead. It took a bit more muscle, but it made much less of a mess, and it took about 15-20 minutes per side

The template is not the best. I had to deviate and cut a bit more to avoid some awkward shapes. This is what the removed sections looked like. You can actually remove quite a bit more than what the template calls for. The new speaker's gasket just needs to have a surface to seal.

This is what the hole looks like. Yes, not pretty. If you have OCD (like me), turn away and don't think about how sausages are made.

The new Alpine speaker comes with a crossover. If you have premium audio, like mine, disconnect the wires from the woofer (just move them aside) and attach the Metra adapters.

Connect to the soundbar harness.

The resulting sound is AMAZING! Deeper, fuller bass, crisper highs, and looks great.
Good call on bypassing the in speaker crossover. Makes a world of difference.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Installed the Alpine speaker upgrade for the overhead soundbar. I bought the Alpine SPV-65-JLT from Crutchfield, as it was about $50 cheaper than Amazon, and Crutchfield includes the Metra adapters, which are needed for the JTs (and JLs) that have the premium Alpine audio system. The instructions aren't the best. I've had to watch a couple YouTube videos and looked through forum threads.

Before:

I used the included template and a pick to trace the new pattern. This worked very well for me as a pen, pencil, or marker was harder to see (irregular surfaces). The scribe/pick leaves a good mark to see and feel.

To cut the hole, I tried a jigsaw, but it was much harder to control, especially with the soundbar still installed. Then I tried an electric hot knife, but it produced toxic fumes, and the cuts immediately fused back together (molten plastic). Instructions, YouTubers, and other forum members recommended a reciprocating air saw. Others have also removed the soundbar. I left mine in place and used a box cutter (utility knife) instead. It took a bit more muscle, but it made much less of a mess, and it took about 15-20 minutes per side

The template is not the best. I had to deviate and cut a bit more to avoid some awkward shapes. This is what the removed sections looked like. You can actually remove quite a bit more than what the template calls for. The new speaker's gasket just needs to have a surface to seal.

This is what the hole looks like. Yes, not pretty. If you have OCD (like me), turn away and don't think about how sausages are made.

The new Alpine speaker comes with a crossover. If you have premium audio, like mine, disconnect the wires from the woofer (just move them aside) and attach the Metra adapters.

Connect to the soundbar harness.

The resulting sound is AMAZING! Deeper, fuller bass, crisper highs, and looks great.
That looks great. Can you link the product you got and the vid you found most helpful?

Thanks

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
It annoys me that the Tacoma has various electrical power ports in the truck bed and the JT often does not. So, I installed my own. I also used an uncommon power port assembly configuration called a Trolling Motor Connector. I removed the battery clamps from my Smittybilt Air Compressor and spliced a male connector. I can also do this for other things like Solar Panels, Generators, Lights, and Power Tools. I now have power whenever I need it. While I was at it, I removed the infamous and cheap air hose that comes with the Smittybilt unit and used an extra ARB compressor hose and gage. The different brands reverse connectors, so I had to resolve that as well. It's now quite robust. As you can see, I also opted not to permanently mount my Air Compressor in the JT. I installed an Aramis Swing Box.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] trolling motor power port
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] trolling motor power port 2
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] smittybilt and trolling motor male connecor
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] smittybilt air compressor with ARB hose
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] swing box
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] swing box 2

It's been a while, so here is my comprehensive list of upgrades to date:

Gladiator Mojave Upgrades

✅ 35” Mickey Thompson BAJA MTPZ3 (now removed and for sale)
✅ JCR Expedition Rack
✅ JCR Expedition Box (for spare wheel)
✅ Air Raid Cold Air Intake
✅ SteerSmart YETI Track Bar.
✅ WARN Wheels
✅ WARN Winch
✅ Black Mopar Fenders
✅ Gladiator Premium Soft Top
✅ ARB Hydraulic Jack and Stand
✅ Hauk Offroad JT Plate
✅ BedRug for Truck Bed
✅ TrackRacks
✅ Smittybilt 2781 5.65 CFM Universal Air Compressor
✅ TeraFlex Spacer Lift Kit, BumpStop Extensions, Shock Extensions, Track Bar, and Adjustable Control Arms (“Mojave Special”).
✅ 37” NITTO Ridge Grappler Tires
✅ Aramis Swing Tool Box
✅ Redline Hood Struts
✅ Painted NITTO Ridge Grappler Tire Letters
✅ Mounted Teraflex Front Quick Disconnect with Swivel Stud Kit.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Strider62

First Name
C.B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5; Gladiator Overland
Wrapped the rear end, not easy in freezing temps!

Now looking at rear bumpers, was looking at the Rugged Ridge HD, unfortunately you have to remove the OEM sliders. The Fab Fours is catching my eye, but not the price tag 😳
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] swing box 2
Looks great! How did you get it to set correctly with all the angles and curves?

I got the kit on Etsy, and had no problem putting the tailgate part on, but I could not figure out how to get the part around the taillights to go on properly. Ended up ruining the vinyl piece for the right side and just threw away the other piece.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Looks great! How did you get it to set correctly with all the angles and curves?

I got the kit on Etsy, and had no problem putting the tailgate part on, but I could not figure out how to get the part around the taillights to go on properly. Ended up ruining the vinyl piece for the right side and just threw away the other piece.
I was debating just doing the tailgate stripe. Hows it look sans tail light surround?

Strider62

First Name
C.B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5; Gladiator Overland
I was debating just doing the tailgate stripe. Hows it look sans tail light surround?
It actually looks pretty good. If I didn't know about the taillight surrounds (and like that look even better) I'd be perfectly satisfied. As somebody else posted a while ago, the tailgate stripe gives the rear end some needed "heft".
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Tail stripe 1

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] Tail stripe 2

Last edited:

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
It actually looks pretty good. If I didn't know about the taillight surrounds (and like that look even better) I'd be perfectly satisfied. As somebody else posted a while ago, the tailgate stripe gives the rear end some needed "heft".
Agree...i think im going to do this at the same time i cut my hood for the snorkel.

Can you post a pic sans taillight surround?

edit- pics didnt load on my phone earlier, I see it now. Looks good.

Last edited:

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Agree...i think im going to do this at the same time i cut my hood for the snorkel.

Can you post a pic sans taillight surround?
Have you checked out the rugged ridge kit, so you don’t have to cut a hole in your hood? And you can change the snorkel out to a low profile if you want.
Sponsored