First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Have you checked out the rugged ridge kit, so you don’t have to cut a hole in your hood? And you can change the snorkel out to a low profile if you want.
I did. It doesnt work on a Mojave hood; i dont think it would flow as much as safari snorkel; and im not terribly blown away by RR quality from what ive seen. I also think it would get in the way of a dual battery plan i have. That said i get why people like it.
Sponsored

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
That looks great. Can you link the product you got and the vid you found most helpful?

Thanks
The video that was the most helpful was the Quadratec one. The video mentions that it is for the base audio system, but it is not true. It will work on JL/JT that have the "premium" Alpine system. If you have the premium system, make sure you bypass the built in crossover (hope my write up was clear- if not, let me know).

As for the speaker set, I bought them at Crutchfield. Amazon had them as well, but Cruchfield provides the Metra adapters that allow you to bypass the crossover. It can be a bit confusing, as the description says the Alpine SPV-65-JLT is meant for the base audio, but they include the Metra adapters to bypass the crossover (go figure).
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_500SPV65JL/Alpine-SPV-65-JLT.html

The videos mention that cutting the soundbar hole is challenging, but they skip/gloss over the fact that the provided template is really bad. Like I described in my write up, trace the pattern with the template, then cut extra to avoid the deep "cupholder" shapes. The template is really STUPID. If you choose to do what I did (use a utility knife), make sure you use a new sharp blade for each side. I was lucky. I managed to cut it okay without using a jig saw or air saw. I even tried aviation snips, but the shape was too difficult for me. Looking back, I'm glad I didn't remove the soundbar.

Just take your time. I hope you find it to be as big of an improvement as I did. Good luck, and post what what you did. maybe you can share some new hacks!

JTCHELLEW

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 98 Wrangler, (X) 2011 JKU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
All the talk of sound bar speaker upgrades got me thinking....anyone else having issues with sound rotating front / back / left / right? I’ve got the Rubicon with 8.4 screen, premium sound and on Sirius or radio it’s fine but on car play with iPhone the sounds jumps quite a bit.

Sponsored

JTCHELLEW

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 98 Wrangler, (X) 2011 JKU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
It actually looks pretty good. If I didn't know about the taillight surrounds (and like that look even better) I'd be perfectly satisfied. As somebody else posted a while ago, the tailgate stripe gives the rear end some needed "heft".
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1CC89240-7D44-4DE5-841A-CC2AD3FBAF6E

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1CC89240-7D44-4DE5-841A-CC2AD3FBAF6E
It actually looks pretty good. If I didn't know about the taillight surrounds (and like that look even better) I'd be perfectly satisfied. As somebody else posted a while ago, the tailgate stripe gives the rear end some needed "heft".

What bed rack is that?

Sponsored

bkmarks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 JK Sport
Build Thread
Link
Installed my Rubigrid today with the standard phone mount. Kinda wish I went magnetic, but can always do that later if this doesn’t hold up. Really sturdy and great quality for $84. Comes with everything shown.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] C3095A40-6FA8-49C7-BA6F-8D8BF16D15BF
Really enjoying my magnetic mount. I have the Nite Ize Steelie in my work truck, but this is a cleaner install for the JT.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
The video that was the most helpful was the Quadratec one. The video mentions that it is for the base audio system, but it is not true. It will work on JL/JT that have the "premium" Alpine system. If you have the premium system, make sure you bypass the built in crossover (hope my write up was clear- if not, let me know).

As for the speaker set, I bought them at Crutchfield. Amazon had them as well, but Cruchfield provides the Metra adapters that allow you to bypass the crossover. It can be a bit confusing, as the description says the Alpine SPV-65-JLT is meant for the base audio, but they include the Metra adapters to bypass the crossover (go figure).
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_500SPV65JL/Alpine-SPV-65-JLT.html

The videos mention that cutting the soundbar hole is challenging, but they skip/gloss over the fact that the provided template is really bad. Like I described in my write up, trace the pattern with the template, then cut extra to avoid the deep "cupholder" shapes. The template is really STUPID. If you choose to do what I did (use a utility knife), make sure you use a new sharp blade for each side. I was lucky. I managed to cut it okay without using a jig saw or air saw. I even tried aviation snips, but the shape was too difficult for me. Looking back, I'm glad I didn't remove the soundbar.

Just take your time. I hope you find it to be as big of an improvement as I did. Good luck, and post what what you did. maybe you can share some new hacks!
Thanks for taking the time to post that. Much appreciated.

Sulaco

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR; 2021 JTR
Occupation
Army
Installe KC pro6 gravity light bar and color match the brackets.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] D448A75B-FDFD-448B-B856-3C049809E24D

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] D448A75B-FDFD-448B-B856-3C049809E24D

How much wind noise do you get from it? Im really interested in getting one for mine. I can do light to moderate, but not heavy wind noise. Thanks, and it looks great! Love the paint matching
Sponsored