Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Looks awesome. How is the view through the back window when driving? Did the cap block it?
I have one also, and it honestly didn't block the rear view as much as I thought it might. Its definitely more limited, don't get me wrong...but it's not that bad!

I did order my JT with the blind spot detectors knowing that I wanted a topper down the road, and those are pretty nice to have - the Jeep is not so large that you can't see with the topper on it but its nice to have that extra set of sensors for the sides.
Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
@Kevin_D is correct. The store closest to me advertises this. Some stores sell the SIP22 keys and have the machine to do this. Their website allows you to enter your rig and it will return store that offer this service. Prices vary.
Turns out my local Ace Hardware can cut these keys, but you must buy the blank from them. Blanks start at $80.

Kevin

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Turns out my local Ace Hardware can cut these keys, but you must buy the blank from them. Blanks start at $80.

Kevin
Clearly, Ace isn’t the place “with the helpful hardware folks” they would like you to think it is. Usually when you point that out to them and that you can take your $20 to someone else who is a bit. More helpful, they realize how stupid it is to turn away business.

Sponsored

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant

Texan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
How does it sound. From a level of better than stock to audiophile?
All I can say is it sounds great to me - way better than stock. These Focals handle power well and it cranks with the top off running down the road. As far as audiophile, I don't have any reference to judge. Have not done any tuning on it other than with my own ears, so I am sure there are improvements that could be made with the proper meters. There are higher end Focals available at a price so this is certainly not top of the line, but it does what I wanted and then some.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Good to know. I think the speakers in the JT are one of the few areas it is lacking.

All I can say is it sounds great to me - way better than stock. These Focals handle power well and it cranks with the top off running down the road. As far as audiophile, I don't have any reference to judge. Have not done any tuning on it other than with my own ears, so I am sure there are improvements that could be made with the proper meters. There are higher end Focals available at a price so this is certainly not top of the line, but it does what I wanted and then some.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Actually did this Sunday morning. Met up with JohnnyUtah and purchased his Mohave wheels and Falken Wildpeak MTs. I think they make the truck look so much better than the stock Sports S silver wheels.
Next up, leveling kit (once I make up my mind on which to order). Any suggestions on this will be greatly appreciated.
Before and after shots.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] DSCF3888.JPG
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] DSCF3888.JPG
Good looking Gladiator! I like the look of the Mojave wheels. What steps do you have? I need a set for my wife and want to make sure the steps are positioned well to assist with getting into the jeep for her.

Sponsored

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
Thank you, I appreciate that alot. The Mojave wheels add to it well. I have the N-Fab J1980T side steps. They work well for me. Dont extend out as much as some, gives me enough step to appease me.
Good looking Gladiator! I like the look of the Mojave wheels. What steps do you have? I need a set for my wife and want to make sure the steps are positioned well to assist with getting into the jeep for her.

Capt.Grumps1075

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Towboat Captain
Drove it from Galveston too the house after a nice weekend playing in the sand. Sorry no pics but was fun, just the wide and me.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Going in for regear Monday. Got my motobilt diff covers back from powder coat in anticipation. Gator diffs to match body color

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] image
What paint and color did you use on you dif covers? They look good!
Sponsored