What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Had quite a few very positive reviews. Product description claims it has an auto shut-off if the battery gets below 10.5.
Only anecdotal. I have this on my Glad. My workplace has been hit hard by rodents. We work 24-hour shifts, and cars are getting attacked overnight. Since I put this in my jeep hasn't been touched, while cars parked next to me have. So yeah, I'm a believer...
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Tried to put the Draw-Tite receiver back on the front - but it won't fit with the steel bumper and the winch plate that's included. Arrgh............. may have to have a receiver custom made or do something else for winch plate brackets. There's no way to modify this specific receiver to work, spent hours trying to find a way, ended up putting the winch plate brackets back and the skid plate back on. Back to the drawing board.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well it sure is taking me a long time but the front is on. Just need to button everything up tomorrow. Rock Krawler 3" pro x. If it will fit in the garage I'll be putting 38's on it next week.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_0743.JPG
What 2 post lift is that and how do you like it? I'm looking at getting one when I clear some space out in my shop. The idiot that poured my shop floor did NOT do as I instructed and poured it too thin so I'll have to have a couple of spots cut out and poured deeper where a lift would mount, but prefer hearing real-world experience to reading marketing stuff where everything is always perfect, of course.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
What 2 post lift is that and how do you like it? I'm looking at getting one when I clear some space out in my shop. The idiot that poured my shop floor did NOT do as I instructed and poured it too thin so I'll have to have a couple of spots cut out and poured deeper where a lift would mount, but prefer hearing real-world experience to reading marketing stuff where everything is always perfect, of course.
1st off I'm glad your back from sabbatical :like: .

The lift belongs to my cousin. He has had it for about 5 years. I will ask him his thoughts on it tomorrow as we finish up the lift.

Do you plan on pinning the new deeper concert to the existing?

Sponsored

Saltymedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport Eco-d
Occupation
Retired Fire-Medic
Started paint on passenger rock slider. Enjoying the learning process. A lot better basic job than my first effort on front bumper that I need to redo... but also learning that when you need to blast a lot of paint to make sure you have tight spaces covered that you need to chill out and dial back the total paint load to avoid cracking. Getting some cracks as it cures that I will need to buff and redo, but it's underside and they are small. It's fun though. Top side will be a lot easier as there's no crevices to get into.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_0743.JPG
What brand are these?

nbajunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Wyllis
Haven't posted on a while. But in the last couple months did the oculus bi led head lamps. Also did oculus fogs and the oculus CK switchback bulbs. I did Santi caps to cover the key chrome slots. And rugged ridge door entry covers.. She's kinda dirty but still looks good.
Edit- i also installed a dead pedal. It's fine. Not a game changer. Wish it hit the floor but wouldn't work with my weather tech floor liners. I also removed my decals. 3 months in and garage kept. Still left ghosting marks. . Be warned .

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20210508_070452__01

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20210508_070401__01

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20210508_070423

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20210508_070413

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
1st off I'm glad your back from sabbatical :like: .

The lift belongs to my cousin. He has had it for about 5 years. I will ask him his thoughts on it tomorrow as we finish up the lift.

Do you plan on pinning the new deeper concert to the existing?
Yes on "pinning". Likely they'll cut the holes, dig down, drill into the existing floor horizontally, and epoxy rebar into the holes, then pour. That's how the concrete was done for my garage addition - the guy drilled into the existing garage slab, epoxied pins into the slab which stuck out just a few inches, then poured the new slab. It's held solid for almost 20 years and the garage isn't even heated.
My shop is heated so even though there aren't footings, it doesn't move like the rest of the concrete outside does. In Iowa, expect heaving and shifting of concrete.

I talked to my CURRENT concrete guy, Paco, about putting a lift in there and told him that the other guy ignored me when I said I wanted a minimum of 4" and 3500 pound concrete. The moron used 2x4s which are only 3.5" and the base was uneven at that, meaning there's likely spots it's less than 3" thick.
On the other hand, Paco pours no less than 6" for anything other than a sidewalk. A sidewalk he'll do 2x4s for the forms but the base never stick up so you get a full 3.5" thick walk. Driveways, the approach to my shop he did, etc. - 6". He says you can drive a loaded concrete truck over my driveway without worry. He had to do the approach to my shop as the other guy screwed THAT up, too. It's very hilly and uneven where we live and the dope dug down so far to pour the approach that things washed out, rain pooled deep on one corner of the approach and it was just a disaster. I had Paco rip it all up and do it again - and he RAISED the approach and now the problems with rain are all but gone. The other guy said he had to do it how he did to keep water from getting to my shop doors in a heavy rain. I told Paco that and he got a confused look like what's that guy thinking?

Anyway, wish I had known about Paco when I had my shop built. I'd have a hell of a nice floor with drains that WORK and thick enough for a lift......

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
<snip>

Anyway, wish I had known about Paco when I had my shop built. I'd have a hell of a nice floor with drains that WORK and thick enough for a lift......
So frustrating when it could of been done correctly the first time with just a minimum of additional expense and effort.

Sponsored

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Yes, It's a 1962 with roller block 302, C4, 8" rear axle, etc. Lots of fun.
I learned to drive on my old man's '60. 144CI In-line 6 "Mileage Saver" engine, 3 on the tree. I was 13 and he put wood blocks on the pedals so I could reach!
Sponsored