Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ JT
What a fun project. Installing bolt ons on a brand new vehicle is so much nicer than my first Jeep 86 CJ7 with some fine rust belt character.

Last night I finished installing Rubi fenders with LEDs.

I only have three parts left in Garage to install.
1) Fox steering stabilizer
2) ARB Safari snorkel (anyone have any pro tips for this particular install?) - The air box mods are no joke!
3) Mopar bed tie down system

So far the following has been executed

- Rubicon Suspension (4 shocks and front coils - Kept max tow progressive rear springs)
- TeraFlex Leveling 1.5in
- Fuel Shox Wheels 17x9
- Falken Wildpeak MT 315/70/17
- Mopar LED headlights
- Mopar LED fogs
- Rubi Fenders with LED
- ARB Bondi Full width bumper
- ARB Solis trail lights (1 spot & 1 flood)
- Warn 10k w/epic hook

Think that is everything for this year - next year is ARB rear bumper, full belly skids, and possibly air lockers)

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 791EA2D9-D2E0-4C88-AB4A-C7E48B24A191
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 2A6F3BDF-69D4-4B62-9771-CAE1DD65088B
Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
After I put on the steel front bumper and the winch, I wasn't able to get the front receiver hitch to go back in place. It used the same spots to connect to as the winch plate and the skid plate brackets plus it was too tight to go between the frame rails with the "rivnuts" in place for the skid plate brackets.
I REALLY wanted a receiver up front again. I spent half a day trying to make the Draw-Tite receiver work but the top mounting ears were just not going to allow the winch plate brackets, plus the bar of the receiver was right up against those top holes in the receiver. No way.
So I ordered a Curt - very different design but still uses the very top holes in the frame horns right up against the winch plate. Do I used my Dremel and cutting wheel to notch off a bit from the edge of the winch plate so the receiver mounting ears could slid up past it. But the winch plate brackets wanted to use a hole in the frame on both sides that both receiver types totally covered.
Whew - the long and short of it, I figured out a way to modify the winch plate frame brackets, modify a couple of holes in the frame and the receiver mounting to allow space for the new winch plate bracket attaching points and have found a way to make it all work. It involves hours worth of modifying things, using my mill to make longer holes in brackets. The hard part was elongating holes in the top receiver mounting ears so I could drop the bolts down to make clearance for the winch plate bracket nuts. That stuff is HARD and I wasn't able to mount it in my mill so I clamped it to my drill press table, put an end mill in the drill press and worked at making the holes more egg-shaped. TRICKY as heck! That alone took over half an hour.
In the end, I hope to have a receiver up front again, with the steel bumper, winch and all.
Is it just the winch plate that interferes or does the skid plate interfere as well? Hope you are taking lots of pictures! Send them to Curt to modify their receiver.

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Got the map lights installed, will try to 'red out' the dome lights as soon as I can figure out how to disassemble without destroying 😄.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20210512_192519

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20210512_192619

Sponsored

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I love seeing the weather warm up and everyone increasing the Mods. Surprised to see I was many pages behind in this thread.

I installed my new PRP seat covers. My previous ride was the 10th Anniversary Rubicon JKU that had tthe red leather seats. I missed those. These look brighter in the pictures than team life, but still would have liked it a shade darker to match the dash panels.

I like the look and it is eye catching when going doorless.

20210515_115737.jpg
20210515_115750.jpg
20210515_115812.jpg

Goheels0917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary Edition
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Not so much TO my Gladiator however, purchased and am putting together a door storage for when the weather improves enough. Still working on it. Foam getting ready to be applied. Not completed as of yet, still a few more tweaks to eak out.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 57B1E011-9D0F-4F46-B8A8-964759A811ED
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 57B1E011-9D0F-4F46-B8A8-964759A811ED
How does it hold up with all the doors in? I presume you put cement between the pipes just as you would with regular plumbing?

Sponsored

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Quadratec dead pedal finally installed. Waited almost two months for it. This thing is solid!!! But that 13mm nut on the firewall that has to come off to install is a bitch to break loose. Have a 13mm closed end wrench handy. A socket isn't going to cut it.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 4CD12068-C78F-4341-8BB9-D81F868637E2

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
Quadratec dead pedal finally installed. Waited almost two months for it. This thing is solid!!! But that 13mm nut on the firewall that has to come off to install is a bitch to break loose. Have a 13mm closed end wrench handy. A socket isn't going to cut it.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 4CD12068-C78F-4341-8BB9-D81F868637E2
Just add a separate nut on top of the existing one

JBTXMIA

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Today got the amazon Koafu steel stubby bumper installed, it comes assembled but being me, had to sand it and repainted due to shipping scratches.

LED turn front switchback Bulbs, really easy and nice upgrade

used the old wiring harness for the fog lights that came with bumper

Rear Vinjet LEDs
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 73F55122-0F39-4C22-AF7B-2A40B53B71C9
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 37698F92-B8BA-4690-A391-54F1FCF00DBC
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 0BB96892-DF27-4DEF-A393-10E612BA4F1A