First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
Cool, have you attempted to mount the roof top tent?
I mounted my ROAM RTT once for a trip with the included hardware but then upon unmounting found that I over tightened the bolts (because paranoia relating to a flying rooftop tent on the freeway). Took me 3 hours with a dremel and a carbide bit to chew through the nuts to get the damn thing off. The language was colorful that day.. Not a lot of room under the roam cross rails to work because of the u-channel shape.

Next step is mounting the new feet to the RTT rails. Should be cake as long as my measurements are accurate. Worst case I'll get it up on the rack and sit it so its offset from the rails and adjust as necessary.

Fingers crossed it functions as designed as I can't find really any consumer feedback even though they've been out a while. I'll post up some thoughts after my trip end of next month.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Installed the Revolver X4s bed cover. Kit was missing a few washers, and the diagrams weren't always great.. but all in all not too bad. First Jeep, first mod!

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] back side

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] back side

Great looking mod. Really like the BAK Revolver your dark Glad. I just installed one a couple weeks ago. Easy install and great features. I like that when the rolled up/open position you still have visibility out the back.

SF_E60

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 BMW M5, 2023 Tesla M3
Occupation
Software Engineer
I mounted my ROAM RTT once for a trip with the included hardware but then upon unmounting found that I over tightened the bolts (because paranoia relating to a flying rooftop tent on the freeway). Took me 3 hours with a dremel and a carbide bit to chew through the nuts to get the damn thing off. The language was colorful that day.. Not a lot of room under the roam cross rails to work because of the u-channel shape.

Next step is mounting the new feet to the RTT rails. Should be cake as long as my measurements are accurate. Worst case I'll get it up on the rack and sit it so its offset from the rails and adjust as necessary.

Fingers crossed it functions as designed as I can't find really any consumer feedback even though they've been out a while. I'll post up some thoughts after my trip end of next month.
oh man! I would have done the same most probably. One of my paranoia when I mounted my ikamper to the rack.

I will look for your post as I'm definitely thinking of adding these to my rack to be able to easily unmount the roof top tent. Good luck 👍

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
I like the clean look.
How is it installed/fastened/secured/attached? (*choose one)
Thank you. I looked all over the interwb for something that has clean lines and not over bearing. They built what I envisioned.

It is fastened directly to the threaded holes in the bed. The holes may be there for the rail system, which I do not have. It is not mounted to survive a roll over. The tubing is, the DOM is thicker than the Jeep roll bar, but it would probably rip itself away from the bed.

KevinC

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. I looked all over the interwb for something that has clean lines and not over bearing. They built what I envisioned.

It is fastened directly to the threaded holes in the bed. The holes may be there for the rail system, which I do not have. It is not mounted to survive a roll over. The tubing is, the DOM is thicker than the Jeep roll bar, but it would probably rip itself away from the bed.

KevinC
That's even better - existing holes used. Those holes are fairly tough so should be fine.
If you suffer a roll-over, you'll have other things to worry about............. more important things.

Always nice when you have an idea in mind, you can picture it - and you want someone to fabricate it - and it comes out as you already saw it in mind.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
What's the name of your green? That looks way darker than sarge. Thx. Love your truck
95% sure that's sarge. It looks very different at various angles and lighting. Walking out to the parking lot of Home Depot when I first got mine, it looked so dark I wasn't sure it was my truck. Having said that, black forest green might be my favorite Wrangler color ever and if they were to release it I'd be very tempted to take advantage of these good trade-in values going on to order one.

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
What's the name of your green? That looks way darker than sarge. Thx. Love your truck
It's Sarge. It looks light in the sun and much darker in the shade. Here's a sunshine pic.

And thanks, I love it too!

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_1904

sl009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
They are General Grabber A/TX in size 275/65R18
Of course the dealer filled them to 40 psi, and oddly, the ride home was smooth as silk. It was rainy so I couldn't compare on the sound or noise level, but the ride? Unless things change, it was great. (even slightly over-inflated by the dealer)

The stock Bridgestone Dueler tires are 255/70R18
So diameter-wise they are supposed to be the same. Width, they are a bit wider as shown below.

I put Rubicon springs, the lighter of the numbers used on the JTR front end, on the front of my truck, and 3/4" spacers.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_1904

Nice. I think when my factory tires wear out a little more I'm going to replace them with grabber atx tires as well.
Sponsored