Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Today I took delivery of my Diamondback HD and did the install. I have to agree that removing the bed rail caps is a true pain, but I was able to do it far enough to get the shims in place and get it all closed up. I saw no need to remove the entire rail cap.

Not to say that the top is in any way less rugged than I expected, I'm not a real fan of the clamps.... I have the rail system and the aluminum clams to hold the top down look like something I made in 6th grade shop class. They engage the rail system just fine but I expected them to lock into the top somehow but I'm not seeing that..... Am I missing something? Any DB owners have experience on this they can share? It seems like they will loosen up really easy.

I was also surprised by how sparkly it was. I'm sure it's just new and will fade over time, but wow....Shinny Shinny!

Here's some pics of what the shipping box looks like and the final install..... Now I can hit the lumber yard, garden center AND stop for some groceries or at the bank all in one trip!

It will also allow me to hit the road... If gas ever comes back down.

Does this truck make my house look small ;-P
I've opened my tailgate a couple times to have found a clamp laying in the bed.

Now I put some nuts on the top part of the clamps on the exposed threads.

Yeah, I suggested there be a lip of sorts for the clamp to fit over.

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
I've opened my tailgate a couple times to have found a clamp laying in the bed.

Now I put some nuts on the top part of the clamps on the exposed threads.

Yeah, I suggested there be a lip of sorts for the clamp to fit over.
Thanks @Rockabillyroy I thought I might be missing something. Looks like I'm off to the milling machine. 😑

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Today I took delivery of my Diamondback HD and did the install. I have to agree that removing the bed rail caps is a true pain, but I was able to do it far enough to get the shims in place and get it all closed up. I saw no need to remove the entire rail cap.

Not to say that the top is in any way less rugged than I expected, I'm not a real fan of the clamps.... I have the rail system and the aluminum clams to hold the top down look like something I made in 6th grade shop class. They engage the rail system just fine but I expected them to lock into the top somehow but I'm not seeing that..... Am I missing something? Any DB owners have experience on this they can share? It seems like they will loosen up really easy.

I was also surprised by how sparkly it was. I'm sure it's just new and will fade over time, but wow....Shinny Shinny!

Here's some pics of what the shipping box looks like and the final install..... Now I can hit the lumber yard, garden center AND stop for some groceries or at the bank all in one trip!

001.jpg

0002.jpg

0003.jpg
I have the BakFlip on order, but that looks really nice.

Sponsored

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
Took the doors off for the first time and added Lange Coyote quick release mirrors.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 805DF109-A231-422D-80B8-EFE72E7FFF92
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 4E087C54-FDFF-4B9C-A44A-54319A4EDDAA
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 3ED98F0C-6373-4C4B-8297-4189497C9BB1
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 40A7BD39-2727-4A1D-A751-DEC4EE16ACC9

TTU03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Willys
Undercover flex ultra and spray in liner today. Spray in liner is “pro coat” which there does not seem to be a lot of info about that brand online. Installed by a long standing local shop and upon inspection the job looks well done. Life time warranty on the liner and five years on the cover.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1621703369348

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1621703424663

Rubi_Rhod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR 6MT, '55 Manx Clone Bug
Build Thread
Link
Easy add. GPCA Roll Bar grab handles. Nice construction and metal handles in a few colors.

Was worried about the fit with the rest of the crap I got up there, but no issues with the soft topper or the screen. A little bit more difficult to get the velcro on and off, but the little stash pockets are really not for day to day things, just stash a couple bucks or spare key and such in.

Also got the sunglass pouches (not pictured), but affixed them to the passenger grab bar instead.

9A34E356-F3A1-4E31-85E9-8B0B5F15271F.jpeg
06A8826D-B1DC-4966-8E16-AFA6AB7E60E3.jpeg
DC3C628F-3633-4D17-A753-5FDD24B9F232.jpeg
314BCC4E-DD66-451B-812D-8FFB8EC23B82.jpeg
C54882E4-3221-4D8F-8E6D-B71ED1D8CA9F.jpeg

SF_E60

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 BMW M5, 2023 Tesla M3
Occupation
Software Engineer

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] C54882E4-3221-4D8F-8E6D-B71ED1D8CA9F

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] C54882E4-3221-4D8F-8E6D-B71ED1D8CA9F

It sorta does, are you in the east bay? I used to live in the city for 10 years moved down to socal. SF bay area traffic was getting too congested for me.

Sponsored

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
Got it up to 65 and none whatsoever. I’m very pleased. It was worth the money for me because I wanted a functional mirror, not just a legal one.

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
Plasti-Dip is great. Especially in an area that doesn't have friction. On one of my bikes, I did black Plasti-Dip on some parts to see how I would like it. It was in an area where my legs moved and that called it to peel up. Peeled it off and had them powder coated.

Other areas, no issue. It will stay. And if something does happen, peel it off and change it.

There are also products like Dip Your Car for doing the entire vehicle. Including a base coat and top coat, which is even more durable.
Agreed, at least in some situations my experience has been that it's held up pretty well. Did the wheels on my Colorado which I didn't expect to hold up, but took a couple years before I had to touch it up again.