Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Installed my Mopar 2-inch lift last week, and my new wheels/tires showed up today. BFG KM3 M/T 37's on 17-inch Black Rhino Overlands. So anxious to throw them on, I was jacking the truck up as the FedEx driver was unloading the new ones from his truck.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210604_121921

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210616_115915

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210616_104311

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210616_115713
Sponsored

CG32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max Tow
Occupation
Audio visual production sales
Put Kilmat down across the entire floor to try and reduce heat and deaden the floor a bit. Seems to work pretty good and noticed a difference. Is it worth the effort…. From a heat perspective it helped the back floor board considerably. From a sound perspective, it helped with tire and engine nose for sure, but it really seems a lot of the wind noise comes from the mirrors. Didn’t expect it to get rid of all of it, but seemed like something easy enough to try. Also upgraded the sound bar with 6.5” infinity’s as well as upgraded the dash speakers.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] B2EA540A-1CD8-4B31-B3CA-97F15056487C

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] E49C8074-07A2-4656-98C1-1711077F78D8

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Did they have to drill any holes for the application? I see some generic reviews online that make it sound like they may put holes in your sills?
He did drill I think it was 4 holes per side at the pillar bases of the door jambs to allow access for the application wand.
When done he capped them off with plastic plugs.
I'm out on the road for work today.
If you like I can post some pictures of these locations when I get home later this week.

For the interior of the doors, he was able to gain access through the drain slots in the bottom of each door.

Sponsored

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
He did drill I think it was 4 holes per side at the pillar bases of the door jambs to allow access for the application wand.
When done he capped them off with plastic plugs.
I'm out on the road for work today.
If you like I can post some pictures of these locations when I get home later this week.

For the interior of the doors, he was able to gain access through the drain slots in the bottom of each door.
Thanks for the info! Krown isn't available to me locally but seems like the best bet as far as something done with a warranty. I've used fluid film for years but want to be a little more aggressive this time. More pics would be great, but just knowing that it's not enough to bother you is good enough!

ccall22

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Barber
Not today, but a few additions over the last two weeks:

Bestop Sunrider
Rebel Offroad XPLOR Half Rack
iKamper Skycamp Mini

Got the tent and rack on just in time for a trip to the Ozark Mountains!

PXL_20210613_010008552.PORTRAIT.jpg
Those bronze Methods look sick with sting ray gray. I was debating bronze but ended up ordering black because I hadn’t seen the gray and bronze combo in pictures. Kind of regretting not going with it.

Sponsored

SF_E60

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 BMW M5, 2023 Tesla M3
Occupation
Software Engineer
Not today, but a few additions over the last two weeks:

Bestop Sunrider
Rebel Offroad XPLOR Half Rack
iKamper Skycamp Mini

Got the tent and rack on just in time for a trip to the Ozark Mountains!

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 9B3898DB-5B7B-40BD-839F-F50E1DDC944D
Nice!

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
Damn, that’s nice. May I ask where you got that vinyl?
Yep. Found a seller on Etsy, named LB Designworks.

The Mudhorn black on black for the hood was a custom piece, but the vents on the side were standard, and to be honest, I botched those installs a bit.. they're actually supposed to be tucked under the vent, but after initial placement, I decided I'd prefer that little edge of color leading into them.

I've chatted with the owner a few times, and he seems pretty willing to do any sort of custom job you might want.

The quality and customer service that Brendan offers, is amazing. Contemplating having him do another piece, still, too :)

~Casp

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Thanks for the info! Krown isn't available to me locally but seems like the best bet as far as something done with a warranty. I've used fluid film for years but want to be a little more aggressive this time. More pics would be great, but just knowing that it's not enough to bother you is good enough!
Here are some pix of where he drilled the driver side door jambs to access the interior areas of the pillars & rocker panels for the application wand. The plugs he covered the holes with are circled in yellow.

The first two images show the front door jamb, and the last one is the rear.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] DSCN3428.JPG

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] DSCN3429.JPG

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] DSCN3430.JPG

These were the only places that he drilled on each side of the truck. He was able to access all the other areas he needed to by using existing factory slots & holes already in the frame & body.

I was able to watch while he did the application.
He did the interior of the tailgate via an existing hole in the driver side end.
After he was done, the vapor from the Krown product continued to vent from the end of the gate, the drain holes at the bottom, and around the tailgate latch for a full 10 minutes. So I have no doubt that all the interior surfaces were fully coated when it was done.
With that as an example, am also sure that all other interior box section areas of the body were also well coated.

Hope this is a help.

Dave

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Hope this is a help.

Dave
Definitely, thanks. I'll plan a road trip to one of these after delivery. I am surprised they haven't made it to Chicagoland yet. Ziebart seems popular here but sounds like trash from what I've read.
Sponsored