Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mohave, '18 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk
Occupation
Approaching Retirement
8AAE07EF-B339-4D55-902D-9B4C886653D2.jpeg

installed the AVS hood bug deflector.. it didnt work so I fabricated an add on that now works perfectly to deflect bugs from windshield.
I have wondered about the effectiveness of hood bug deflectors. What exactly did you do?
Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Just askin' - what is your theft mitigation strategy for removal of the entire molle panel?
Will be changing all bolts to some type of security bolt. Plus red loctite. I also figure that of they want it that bad. Rather have it all stolen than damage the truck.

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Busy day of wrenching installing a set of the Quadratec aluminum skids and a new to me ARB dual compressor with the Grimm Off-road mounting kit.

14BA7F69-5D88-44BC-BDE3-C59C78B0A3AF.jpeg

7A31DEAC-893B-4118-A6A1-6C626FFAC85C.jpeg

54FE2928-110D-41E4-95F1-EA5D6DF1B201.jpeg

D6457BAD-D8F1-4271-AB29-6732DB2AE582.jpeg

BD39EF16-6260-4BF7-B34C-DC93C69CF3A6.jpeg

ColoFreeJeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys, 2005 Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Got home from work today and a box from Badgeglow was on the counter; 4 days early! Immediately went out and installed it under the hood. I had one of these previously installed on the other Gladiator, so this installation was a breeze. I still need to get a heat gun from my brother and shrink the tubing, but other than that, it's good to go.

If you have the factory auxiliary switches, I highly recommend installing this if you plan on running lights and other accessories. I think the cost is around $25 and it makes hooking up things really easy and keeps all the wires nice and tidy. I currently have my KC Hi-Lites LZR LED spot lights that are mounted on my cowl wired up to Aux 3.
Thanks for this post. This a neat solution to make things tidy and accessible.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Finished almost all what was left for my Metalcloak GC lift in the scorching heat today... definitely should have done this last month but life has a way of getting in the way. Still need to do rear bumps once the Timbrens show up and going to do brake lines all around but it'll be drivable in the morning once I hit everything with final torque.

First impressions, the flex is out of this world but I do wish I could have another half to full inch in the rear. With my cap, rack, and gear, there's about 350lbs static in/on the bed of the truck and it's just barely level. I actually use my truck fairly regularly so I like a little rake. I'll let it settle before shopping other springs but it looks outstanding with 35s and the Sport fenders. Will definitely need to upgrade when I do 37s after these wear out.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I spent a couple of hours trying to remove those damned KS and NE BUGS from everywhere - the winch, the bumper, in the bumper, in the lights, in every nook and cranny, where all the parts of the grill go together, way back in those spots you can't get anything into to clean bugs out. Imagine having a screen window covered with thousands of bugguts and you have to have every single wire, every single square of that screen wire bug free - you can't do it on these.

I discovered that some Jeeps come with a factory installed bug deflector - for the BOTTOM!
Doesn't work well, though - the drag link, track bar and other parts still had NE and KS BUG GUTS all over..

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210619_143900_HDR

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210619_143852

Sponsored

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
I spent a couple of hours trying to remove those damned KS and NE BUGS from everywhere - the winch, the bumper, in the bumper, in the lights, in every nook and cranny, where all the parts of the grill go together, way back in those spots you can't get anything into to clean bugs out. Imagine having a screen window covered with thousands of bugguts and you have to have every single wire, every single square of that screen wire bug free - you can't do it on these.

I discovered that some Jeeps come with a factory installed bug deflector - for the BOTTOM!
Doesn't work well, though - the drag link, track bar and other parts still had NE and KS BUG GUTS all over..

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210618_084658

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210618_084658
Thanks for reminding me of one of my Dad’s favorite jokes this Father’s Day: What’s the last thing that goes through a bug’s mind when it hits a windshield? Its ass.