Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got around to adding the right side rear recovery hook.
For others adding a second hook, a few call outs.

I bought the right-side factory Part No.: 68355490AA
BEZEL-REAR BUMPER.
This Bezel has the cut out for the hook.

Come to find out, the Bezel doesn’t fit the non Rubicon bumper, the design is just a little off.
I ended up cutting out the current Bezel to match the one I bought.
I added edge trim to give it a finished look.

Also painted the left hook to match.
Picked up some paint that was pretty much a perfect match to the Red Hook.
hook2.jpg
Hook1.jpg
Hook.jpg
did you take the bumper all the way off to cut it?
Sponsored

Sunset 2025

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Got my 20 Overland back today - very excited. Added a 1.5 inch Teraflex level, 35x12.5R18LT Falcon Wildpeaks, 2in spacers and a Taser Mini. Big shoutout to the guys at Baldys Jeep in Cedar Park, TX for the fast turn and great job. Now...What's next!
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_4574.JPG

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
One of my issues with my latest Jeep is that the Mojave struggles to move with the 3.6 and has me second guessing not getting the diesel option. Between 3k-4k there is what seems to be a dip in power delivery and then it comes alive at 4k. I'll see how things go because otherwise I am loving the Mojave setup.

Knowing weight is a challenge, I am exploring an alternative wheel/tire setup for daily driving to the office saving the A/T for weekend adventures. I picked up an 18-inch Overland setup a year ago for my JLU Willys and these mount to the Mojave without any clearance issues with the Fox suspension setup.

The stock Mojave 17-inch Wildpeak tire and wheel combo weigh a hefty 90lbs where as the 18-inch Overland setup weighs 65lbs. 25lbs per corner is a decent weight savings and hopefully will get the 15mpg at 65mph highway mileage up slightly. Tire pressure is set at 36psi.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_4574.JPG

looking forward to hearing how that works out for both shifting and mpg

ColoradoGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
did you take the bumper all the way off to cut it?

I did remove the bumper primarily to get to the hook bolts..
The bolts are 14mm X 1.75, so it takes some effort to remove and install the bolts.
Plus I wanted to torque them down which required access for the Torque wrench.

Taking the bumper off takes minutes.
4 bolts on the inside, 2 on each side of the frame rails.
2 bolts behind the license plate. (Just remove plate)
And 2 bolts on each side on the inside where the rear rock rails attach to the bumper.
1 release clip to remove the tow lights receptacle.

Since I was going to replace the Bezel, I took the Bumper to the bench to swap out the bezel with the new one.
Once I figure out the bezel wasn't going to fit, it was a lot easier to cut out the hook opening with the bumper removed.

Good wrenching!

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I did remove the bumper primarily to get to the hook bolts..
The bolts are 14mm X 1.75, so it takes some effort to remove and install the bolts.
Plus I wanted to torque them down which required access for the Torque wrench.

Taking the bumper off takes minutes.
4 bolts on the inside, 2 on each side of the frame rails.
2 bolts behind the license plate. (Just remove plate)
And 2 bolts on each side on the inside where the rear rock rails attach to the bumper.
1 release clip to remove the tow lights receptacle.

Since I was going to replace the Bezel, I took the Bumper to the bench to swap out the bezel with the new one.
Once I figure out the bezel wasn't going to fit, it was a lot easier to cut out the hook opening with the bumper removed.

Good wrenching!
Thanks!

Munkey Boy

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3, '79 CJ5, '21 JT Sport S manual.
Occupation
Camp Maintenance
Fabbed up some simple mounts for a Hi-Lift and a Bigfoot. Don't really need the Trail Rail system and every mount I see fits them. They also orient the climber to cover up the bed light, which seems kinda dumb to me. So, vice and hammer time! And a bit of welding. Aaaand the four bolts I removed from that silly tray under the rear seats. Aaaaaaand a pair of handle clamping bolts off a mount for a long since destroyed workstation for an equally deceased miter saw at work. Total cost = $0.00. But if you want to get technical, I did pay 47 something thousand for the truck; so, those four bolts are a bit pricey from that perspective. 🤔

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210708_125729
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210708_125810
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210708_125856
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210708_125953

ALSO, added Rugged Ridge HD stubby bumper and a Quadratec winch. Outstanding craftsmanship on that bumper, kudos to RR. Highly recommended if you want a trouble free install. Went direct connect for now on the winch, I'll toss in a single pole soleniod later with a fun switch on the dash. Gotta let the coffers build up a bit first. Damn you, Amazon Prime Day! Choke on it, Bezos!

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20210708_125707

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I finally got around to adding the right side rear recovery hook.
For others adding a second hook, a few call outs.

I bought the right-side factory Part No.: 68355490AA
BEZEL-REAR BUMPER.
This Bezel has the cut out for the hook.

Come to find out, the Bezel doesn’t fit the non Rubicon bumper, the design is just a little off.
I ended up cutting out the current Bezel to match the one I bought.
I added edge trim to give it a finished look.

Also painted the left hook to match.
Picked up some paint that was pretty much a perfect match to the Red Hook.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 097882FE-18AE-4442-A939-883C067AE4E3
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 097882FE-18AE-4442-A939-883C067AE4E3
Love that 4x4 badge!

Sponsored

Sgt. Pepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Ordered the Yakima Overhaul HD rack kit and tonneau kit (long lead-time which is to be expected), will be using it with the Elevate rails, and Literider roll-up cover
i have the Overhaul HD rack, interested in how you set up with tonneau cover

eafrica1974

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales Manager
Finally completed my build...

Installed the 2” mopar lift, added terraflex 1.5” front spacers and daystar 0.75” spacers on the rear for 3.5”/2.75” of lift. Also added the ram airlift airbags to the rear for when the RTT is on and the bed full of overlanding gear.

Great Build!! What is the brand of top rack? Thanks

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
added the blacked out trail rated badge (no set hole behind badge for 2020 sport s) and American Outlaw mirrors (by far best mirrors under $150!)
When you removed the old badge, how hard was it? What method did you use? Was there residue left from the old badge? Inquiring minds want to know...
Sponsored