Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Put in new floor mats. My new-to-me Gladiator was completely lacking in that department. Went with Tuxmats. So far pretty happy with them. I think the back seat was designed for the locking under seat storage. But these still fit snuggly.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 2D052B1C-C7F7-4337-83E8-1A96DA8057AF

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 2D052B1C-C7F7-4337-83E8-1A96DA8057AF
wow those are nice looking! how to the feel under foot? are they sturdy or do they move if you have to adjust your self while in the drivers seat? how are they with liquid?

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Short version. Mine doesn’t turn black. Never has. Just checked Mojave with 4K miles on change. Nice golden brown. Maybe the universe just likes me. Or, maybe since I’m old, the oil doesn’t see me as “modern”, so it stays cleaner looking for the old guy.
Then again, I don’t have diesels or DI, so maybe that’s it. Check that, I do have a combo direct/port injection in a 2017 BRZ. It’s oil stays so clean though that it never gets beyond light brown. So, idk what to tell ya except that it ain’t happening to everybody, and with free oil changes at dealerships, there are some that I have no doubt would pull it in and pull it back out without changing it, as the OP on this was concerned about. Just sayin.

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Put in new floor mats. My new-to-me Gladiator was completely lacking in that department. Went with Tuxmats. So far pretty happy with them. I think the back seat was designed for the locking under seat storage. But these still fit snuggly.

TuxMats are outstanding. Have them in an S2000. Great mats!

Sponsored

CoarseGrit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
wow those are nice looking! how to the feel under foot? are they sturdy or do they move if you have to adjust your self while in the drivers seat? how are they with liquid?
Haven't given them a proper test drive yet. But they lock in very well, can't imagine them moving at all. Totally waterproof and cover almost the entire footwell.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't given them a proper test drive yet. But they lock in very well, can't imagine them moving at all. Totally waterproof and cover almost the entire footwell.
yea im about to pull the trigger on a set. Theyre super nice to say the least

curtdennis

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Aug 04, '21: Pretty productive day after working midnights overnight AND going to the opthamologist (DAMN - that pupil dialation stings) TODAY'S mods: Finished the Army decaling
AmazonSmile: Military Restoration Decal Sticker Kit - for U.S. Army, Marine Or MP M37, M38, Truck Compatible with - Invasion Victory Freedom Star, Block Letter Style - in White Gloss: Kitchen & Dining

Installed "Dead" pedal footrest:
AmazonSmile: Hooke Road Dead Pedal Left Side Foot Rest Kick Panel Compatible with Jeep Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT 2018 2019 2020 2021: Automotive

Replaced OEM whip (which was whipping too much for my tastes )
AmazonSmile: Rydonair Antenna Compatible with Jeep Wrangler JK JKU JL JLU Rubicon Sahara (2007-2021) & Gladiator | 13 inches Flexible Rubber Antenna Replacement | Designed for Optimized FM/AM Reception: Automotive

Max is getting there....

(links are for reference ONLY - I'm not getting nuthin for posting them)

20210731_221057.jpg

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
Short version. Mine doesn’t turn black. Never has. Just checked Mojave with 4K miles on change. Nice golden brown. Maybe the universe just likes me. Or, maybe since I’m old, the oil doesn’t see me as “modern”, so it stays cleaner looking for the old guy.
Then again, I don’t have diesels or DI, so maybe that’s it. Check that, I do have a combo direct/port injection in a 2017 BRZ. It’s oil stays so clean though that it never gets beyond light brown. So, idk what to tell ya except that it ain’t happening to everybody, and with free oil changes at dealerships, there are some that I have no doubt would pull it in and pull it back out without changing it, as the OP on this was concerned about. Just sayin.
Strange is all I can say. My last 5 VWs (all DI turbo engines), and my last 4 Jeeps (all Pentastars) have all had nearly black oil within a few thousand miles. I guess the universe does like you!

Sponsored

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
Strange is all I can say. My last 5 VWs (all DI turbo engines), and my last 4 Jeeps (all Pentastars) have all had nearly black oil within a few thousand miles. I guess the universe does like you!
I change my own oil in my Fiesta and Gladiator. I run Motul in both. The Fiesta gets tracked and driven hard and sees far more extreme temps. The Gladiator sees casual use.

All my vehicles are started and driven very gently until oil temps are up to normal. Quality filters used in both.

Oil changes are done early.

Oil is very dark brown and you could say it looks black. Checking it, and wiping oil from the dip stick, it's dark brown. When draining the oil into my catch, it looks black.

That's what is supposed to happen.

Regardless of how it looks or feels, if anyone is worried reach out to Blackstone, get your kit, and spend the $30 to have it analyzed. That provides the actual condition of the oil and an understanding what's happening in the engine.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
It is blackstone that I used but its not back yet. But with experience and logic, I know they at least skipped the last change. I usually pay for oil changes for the last few years because I can afford it and I don't save that much by doing it myself. Not because I can't or don't have a lot of experience working on cars. Good dealers being harder to find, I will be changing my own from now on. Anyway, thank you for your concern.

Goes

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I think this is the same one that came on my Gladi. The issue I have with it is the back puts up when I shut the tailgate. Any chance you'd share the install instructions? TIA
I had that same problem with this cover. I just moved the two back clamps a little farther forward and very slightly loosened them. So far- so good.
Sponsored