Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Housings are specific to the nature of the light/bulbs. Daniel Stern Lighting use to have some technical details on it.
Science be damned.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
And why not? Builds are always replaced and often upgraded.
Is there something more we should be aware of?
Ill stick to willful ignorance on this one. I love how much better my headlight revolution inserts are over the stock halogens and dont care to make any changes to them anymore. science can stfu on this one! Ill stay cheap and happy

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LX570, Model Y
Housings are specific to the nature of the light/bulbs. Daniel Stern Lighting use to have some technical details on it.
Science be damned.
Exactly

You're probably getting less usable lumens traveling down the road and increasing glare for oncoming drivers

Post up your cutoffs on a wall and it'll show why Jeep (and every other manufacturer) uses different housings for LED bulbs

There's great alternatives to the OEM LED option, like the Oracle replacement housing that'll correctly send your lumens down the road with the proper cutoffs to not blind oncoming traffic.

Sponsored

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Replaced the factory rock rails with / Go Rhino RB20 Running Boards Bed Lined .. Fit and finish are on point ... so far, Im really liking these boards ...

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1632071301351
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1632071301351
I wasn't much of a Sarge Green fan until just now!

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly

You're probably getting less usable lumens traveling down the road and increasing glare for oncoming drivers

Post up your cutoffs on a wall and it'll show why Jeep (and every other manufacturer) uses different housings for LED bulbs

There's great alternatives to the OEM LED option, like the Oracle replacement housing that'll correctly send your lumens down the road with the proper cutoffs to not blind oncoming traffic.
This makes sense. Thanks.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I wasn't much of a Sarge Green fan until just now!
Months ago I tried to explain a couple of the JT colors to my wife - all we have ever seen around here are red, white, blue, and I think a gray. She sort of frowned, "I don't think I'd like that".
Obviously words aren't the same as seeing - she saw one a few weeks back and said "that's sort of a neat color, what's that one?"

crawlzone207

First Name
Brandie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JTRD, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Own Brandywine Graphics
Ceramic coated the entire jeep.
Cleaned windows-marks left from factory
Added hoop to front bumper
Put on my 35" tires
Ceramic coated wheels-needed it bad....bronze wheels don't stay nice looking for long
Removed Jeep from tailgate and replaced with Gladiator
Programmed Tazer

Basically all the little stuff.....still waiting for lift and shocks to arrive.

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Man this is slick. How does it look with the top off? Is it open on the top or solid?

I installed an Srech switch system. It’s not obtrusive and installs clean. I’ve used them before and have been happy with them. Just wish the switches were marked/labeled like their other systems.