BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately I had to learn this lesson again. Don’t buy cheap parts. I made exception for skyjacker sway bar links because….how does someone screw that up?

By using cheap bolts and bushings that shrink. Ugh. Didn’t even last 6mos.

Swallped out MC links.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 6988C403-EE9E-4DAD-AC18-804FB3550D63

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] FDDF91C6-4190-44DD-8526-613DB7E7B556

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] {filename}
Sponsored

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Uninstalled the JKS Quicker disconnects so I could install Apex
AutoLYNX disconnects. After 2 desert seasons having to struggle reconnecting (at least half of all reconnects involved using the hammer), I bought these sweet beauties. They arrived within a week of ordering. Installed this morning.
I disconnected by turning the switch on each side and drove a few miles around my neighborhood then reconnected by turning the switches back and pushing one side down until it locked. Normal driving will lock the other side into place. Looking forward to our next offroad trip to the desert.
T
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] B8D3FB1E-1169-4752-9AB6-CF853F1225BF
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 60E204A6-2D3F-4C2D-903B-305A5AD2CF45
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 6E1385DE-7454-470F-8F12-82CEF0D5EA09

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LX570, Model Y
Why not? Great headlight visibility improvement for $70. Jeep people get ripped off on alot of aftermarket stuff. Headlights don't have to be one of them.
I addressed this already later in the thread. You're likely enjoying brighter lights from your driver seat at the cost of terrible light throw and blinding oncoming traffic. Post your headlight cutoffs and compare them with the @Oracle Designs cutoff or OEM Mopar cutoff

Here's a Tacoma forum write-up

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/why-leds-should-not-be-run-in-halogen-reflectors.454371/

Sponsored

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
For those of you who have purchased and installed this Hooke Road Cowl Pillar Pod Light Mount Windshield Cube LED Light Bracket [Amazon] what did you do for screws / bolts?

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 6E1385DE-7454-470F-8F12-82CEF0D5EA09

Mine didn't come with any screws, though it seems like it should have. I suspect I got a return, because there's an extra hole drilled in it. Regardless, the Amazon reviews suggest the supplied hardware is no good.

If you did something custom to mount them, what did you get? I found some longer M8 bolts at Home Depot, but they don't seem to fit. The longer bolt fits the front side hole fine, but not the back (closer to the door) hole at all. The top of the cowl bolts are really strange and definitely not M8 sizing.

Looking for suggestions to get these mounted finally!
Go to lowes or ace hardware for bolts, they have black ones at both.

Tank Concrete

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Go to lowes or ace hardware for bolts, they have black ones at both.
My local Lowes had nothing even remotely comparable. Home Depot was as close as I've gotten, but only one bolt I've found matches up. I'm hoping some others who have installed the same part happen to remember what they used. I need a part number! :)

I should add, I don't think I have an Ace nearby, but I'm looking for one of those now. I've been buying / trying all the bolts I can find, but have had no luck yet.

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
My local Lowes had nothing even remotely comparable. Home Depot was as close as I've gotten, but only one bolt I've found matches up. I'm hoping some others who have installed the same part happen to remember what they used. I need a part number! :)

I should add, I don't think I have an Ace nearby, but I'm looking for one of those now. I've been buying / trying all the bolts I can find, but have had no luck yet.
I have it installed found the right bolts at ace, dont have a part number anymore

Greatwhite

First Name
Rouven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Self employed
It was 3 D printed. The box is ok but not as nice as some of their other offerings.

It comes with a jig to line up where to drill 2 holes. Then you screw to into it from behind the trim around the top of the windshield.

Sponsored

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
They poke a bit, but I do not run a tonneau cover.

I wanted easy access to them if I have a bunch of camping crap in my bed. I like the racks, but I take my top off too much. I may eventually get a half rack and roof top tent.
I used a rubber washer and metal one to keep them from rattling when I drive. It works for me.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] {filename}

Do you have enough room to mount them lower if you needed too? I've been looking for a similar solution but it looks like they wouldn't clear my tonneau.

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 9FA09ADD-3DBD-44FD-98E9-B8CC64D1CED6
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 666AD5A4-E5DD-41D4-B35B-E7642A3E0FCF
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] F0DDD2EE-3E0D-4888-8C76-26FFE9F5D431
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 70BA401B-BDE8-466F-925E-B8AE424B91F5
Shipment #1 this week. 13” stubby antenna, cup holder inserts, Daystar 3/4” rear spacer, and TeraFlex 1 1/2” leveling spacers. Last pic isn’t the best but I ran out of daylight. 2 more shipments this week coming in the mail.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I addressed this already later in the thread. You're likely enjoying brighter lights from your driver seat at the cost of terrible light throw and blinding oncoming traffic. Post your headlight cutoffs and compare them with the @Oracle Designs cutoff or OEM Mopar cutoff

Here's a Tacoma forum write-up

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/why-leds-should-not-be-run-in-halogen-reflectors.454371/
This has been discussed a lot. Properly adjusted, you will not blind oncoming traffic. The beam pattern does not measure up to the $800 Oracle kit but at under $100, its a vast improvement over the factory halogens.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
This has been discussed a lot. Properly adjusted, you will not blind oncoming traffic. The beam pattern does not measure up to the $800 Oracle kit but at under $100, its a vast improvement over the factory halogens.

Careful, youll get the light nerds mad!

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
Uninstalled the JKS Quicker disconnects so I could install Apex
AutoLYNX disconnects. After 2 desert seasons having to struggle reconnecting (at least half of all reconnects involved using the hammer), I bought these sweet beauties. They arrived within a week of ordering. Installed this morning.
I disconnected by turning the switch on each side and drove a few miles around my neighborhood then reconnected by turning the switches back and pushing one side down until it locked. Normal driving will lock the other side into place. Looking forward to our next offroad trip to the desert.
T
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 70BA401B-BDE8-466F-925E-B8AE424B91F5
Wow that's an interesting product, I haven't seen that before 👍
Sponsored