Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I could not get it to align easily so I just moved on. Possible with more time/technique I could have gotten it in there. For now I will leave it alone maybe drill it so it lines up.
Don’t drill it. Take your time and Do it right. I see so many posts about people “re-engineering” Rustys parts because they don’t install them properly. If the folks at rustys read this forum they must shake their head.
Sponsored

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Finally got rid of the plastic wonder (no plan for a winch, just hated the first thing on my Jeep to be an ugly, plastic POS). Many thanks to BAM for accuracy and quick delivery (ordered on Mon., received on Fri. same week standard shipping).
https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/o...-2021-wrangler-and-gladiator-mopar-82215121ae
https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/o...or-steel-bumper-only-new-oem-mopar-82215183ab
Like the man says, 'complete, nothing else to buy' 😊 (came with fogs & wiring harness installed and all necessary hardware). Bumper price increased from $883 when I bought it Monday, wow!
Total time to change out and rattle can the tow hooks (too lazy to swap them out) less than 2 hours.
I'm now in the $10K Club (and without touching suspension/wheels/tires) - what a money pit!🤣
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20211003_103748

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20211003_125604

Foam'd in the gap between the existing plastic filler plate and the winch filler plate - should be good for another 10HP 🤣.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20211112_122730

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20211112_123910

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Link for where you purchased please
You can get cheap kits like these

Polymer Rail Section 5,7,9,11 Slot Polymer Picatinny https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01MQXNN29/

The index on the bottom can shave off with a utility knife.

You use the existing hole in the seat to mount it and drill the second hole in the back.

This QR mount will work on a flashlight with a minimum 1" diameter.

Flashlight Mount Quick Release Picatinnly Rail Mount 1" 2Pack https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07Q5ZHB8V/

This kit has 2 styles. If you use the lever release, you have to cut it at the outer bend to clear the floorboard.

I attached some rails under my deck cover to be able to move lights around. I'll probably try to place one under the hood as well to light the engine bay.

pendragonz

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Just got done getting the ARB twin compressor installed behind the rear seat with the 813 Fabrication rear seat install kit. Actually, I also deleted the rear seat, prepping to build a platform back there. Ran the wiring originally up the passenger side, but had way too much hassle getting through the firewall. Pulled it out, ran it up the driver's side, easy peasy. I'll get some pics later, but I'm beat right now.

Thanks @eight13design!

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
Don’t drill it. Take your time and Do it right. I see so many posts about people “re-engineering” Rustys parts because they don’t install them properly. If the folks at rustys read this forum they must shake their head.
Well I did not find instructions in the box so this forum has been the place to go to get tips on how to install this particular kit. How did you get it to line up?

Sponsored

Biff Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Truck
Well the folks at Rustys told me I had to drill out the small holes on the frame bracket after connecting the large control arm bolt to align the skid plate.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I have the same lift for the wife.