Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Finished the first step of my up/down air system - the ARB compressor. Used the [Banned Site] (guess we don't talk about them) mounting bracket which tucks the compressor behind the front driver's wheel. Admittedly, it's a bit exposed there, and I wish ARB had done some better weather proofing on the pressure switch terminals, but I'm guessing they didn't necessarily intend to have it installed this way. I don't anticipate it to be an issue, though.

Fender off, nice and exposed area to work in.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_1100

Mounting bracket with optional heat shield.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_1101

Compressor mounted.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_1104

Repurposed an available slot on my aux switch bracket for holding the relay.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_1135

Compressor wired up and air line routed to go to passenger side (where regulator will be).
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_1152

Ran the air line along the aux wiring harness.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_1153

Success on the first attempt (warning: somewhat loud):
Sponsored

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Last edited:

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I turned my Overland into a Willys, sort of. Got rid of all the ugly silver trim, emblems, and wheels and replaced with black accents and trim everywhere.
Same here. I rid my Overland of ANY silver other than the Overland badge on the rear. I actually like that.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Oil change/tire rotation (1yr/4200 miles). Wanted to change to all black lug nuts, but the new ones look a little on the wimpy side, opinions?
IMG_20211030_130655.jpg

I did black lugs recently myself. I actually stayed with the OEM acorn style ones. CJPony parts has them for a decent price and they look good. Not a fan of those black ones in your pic personally.

Sponsored

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Oil change/tire rotation (1yr/4200 miles). Wanted to change to all black lug nuts, but the new ones look a little on the wimpy side, opinions?
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20211030_130655
I made the same mistake, I ordered https://www.extremeterrain.com/coyote-jeep-gladiator-black-acorn-lug-nut-kit-34-in-871548blk.html and they were small and wimpy looking. To be honest, I was also concerned about the safety - they didn't seem to torque down properly.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/lug-nut...r-jl-2018-2021-gladiator-2020-2021/p/WHLLN61/ are the ones you want - they are OEM size, but just black.

SGME9

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, JLUR
Occupation
Retired US Army
Well, I did a wash, and quick wax. But I put on rough and country steps the other night, and I mean night with a flash light.

Not sure what sort of expectations I should have for aftermarket stuff, but I'm not overly impressed with them.

The box was barely together when it was delivered, and the packaging didn't really keep the parts from rubbing on each other. Couple spots of the coating flaking off and they didn't bolt up properly. I have to ream out two holes as of right now I'm missing a bolt on each side. But like I said it was like 9:30 at night getting these one, so I thought I would deal with the missing bolts later.

R & C Contoured Steps

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_20211030_130655
I would not be happy about the scratches. They would be going back.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Took my 2020 JTR (totally stock) on its first extended drive from Glendora, CA to Atascadero, CA today which Nav says is 189 miles.

Started with about 1/2 tank and 15.5 mpg showing on the dash. It climbed to 17.2 mpg driving between 65 - 70 mph through mid day traffic.

Filled up about half way through the trip and was able to cruise between 70 - 75 mph and got as high as 19.2 mpg until I arrived.

Does this sound about right to you guys? I've had mine since July 4th 2021 weekend and have done 99% in town driving. MPG is usually about 15.5 to 17. On the way home I may TRY driving 60 - 65 and see if I can get over 20 mpg.

Drives great, no issues whatsoever. After having a 2014 GMC 2500HD Denali I really am enjoying this smaller-but-more-capable in many ways truck.
Yeah, this sounds similar to my experience. I do a lot of local city driving (and a decent bit of idling on hot or cold days during kids carpool drop-off or pickup), and dash shows an average of as low as 13.6 mpg usually. A quick trip down the highway to one of my further away jobsites, even just a simple 50 mile round trip of pure highway, it climbs up dramatically to 16-17. Longer trips of highway get it even higher.

I do have a manual transmission and drive it enthusiastically though around town too, so that's why mine sucks so bad compared to most. Highway miles really help the average.

Sponsored