What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Changed out my shift and 4x4 boots and console lid for the Mojave orange stitching. A quick job surprisingly. The JL forum had a good write up for changing the lock out. (https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/center-console-lid-lock-cylinder-removal.61794/). For the console it was easier to just replace the top portion and not all that comes when purchased. The second picture shows the portion replaced and where the 4 screws are that make it easier than the whole thing.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] CFC14DBA-CFE2-4BC0-B66E-63376509D290

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] CFC14DBA-CFE2-4BC0-B66E-63376509D290
Did you swap out the entire lid or reupholster the existing one? If so, how difficult was it?

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Filled up about half way through the trip and was able to cruise between 70 - 75 mph and got as high as 19.2 mpg until I arrived.

Does this sound about right to you guys? I've had mine since July 4th 2021 weekend and have done 99% in town driving. MPG is usually about 15.5 to 17. On the way home I may TRY driving 60 - 65 and see if I can get over 20 mpg.
I've put about 9000 miles on my Willys since the first of the year and drive mostly suburbs, with a few extended trips thrown in. Composite mileage over that time is 19.5mpg. You're right on it!

LetsGo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
Did the DIY bed tie down hooks and ran into a decal that happend to be my forum name so had to get it!
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20211031_105952
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20211031_110037
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20211031_110442

Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
How well does the black coating hold up after a few tire rotations using an impact wrench for lug nut removal? It does mar the chrome lug nuts.
So far actually very good. Ive only had to take the wheels off twice since then installing my Rubicon take offs and then again just the fronts for my leveling kit. Didnt use an impact gun though. But with the normal lug wrench, they hold up great.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I added the AEV geometry correction brackets that I didn’t have time to install when I did the spacer lift.
It really does make a noticeable difference in how it drives.
For the record I didn’t like how my stock Rubicon drove, haven’t gotten steering TSB done due to time.
So, I used the middle setting with the caster washers meant for 2.5-3.5” lifts to see if that would double improve things!
I figured with rubicon springs this is probably ok.

Next up is track bar brace and track bar. I was worried I’d have to take out the spring which was a pain in the ass at home, but videos showed can just do with a socket extension. Easy

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
So far actually very good. Ive only had to take the wheels off twice since then installing my Rubicon take offs and then again just the fronts for my leveling kit. Didnt use an impact gun though. But with the normal lug wrench, they hold up great.
Same, mine have been off a few times and there are no blemishes. I also don't use an impact wrench for these.

Sonoran_Mohavey

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate Development
Took out my rear seat headrests. I never have rear passengers and the added visibility is amazing. That will be null when I get my half rack and tent but at least for now its a nice change. Was surprised these didn't just pop out, Had to kind of take the seat apart.

IMG-7217.JPG

IMG-7218.JPG

Sponsored

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Round 2 on the urban dunes, lol.
Getting to know my truck a little better. I'm conscientious that the front end of this Jeep weighs 300lb+ more than its gas powered brethren. I think it helps in some instances and hinders in others.

Slowly pushing the angles of attack. Can't wait for the suspension/ bottoming out issues to get resolved.

IMG_4716.jpg

20211030_162009.jpg

20211030_164112.jpg

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
It did. I did have the factory pieces loosen up on me in a small fender bender. But that joint was clicking, and the ball joint was loosened from factory. So it was all loose and sloppy and really didn’t take much to get that out of whack.

All in all, these components are a good 2-3x the mass of the factory pieces and should keep it locked and tight for many miles to come.

I’ve been so used to constantly correcting it for the past few months, today took it on a mountain pass and was surprised at how linear and smooth the inputs are now on sweepers and nary a lick of bumpsteer.

Drag Link
Tie tod
Rear swaybar
A good toe alignment

All of which really has it handling tightly now.
What is a good toe alignment please? 1/16" In?
Sponsored