First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Retired
Basic primer and “bumper” paint from a rattle can. 4 light coats. Called them and was given a perfect match. Message me if you want exact paint brand etc.
The diamond plate looks really good there. Nicely done. You've planted the seed...thanks
Finished up my front bumper swap from rough country to this Arcus. May never do a winch and as most know, it’s looks pretty awful with a HUGE gaping winch opening. Fabricated a simple diamond plate cover which ended up looking pretty normal. Have some 4” lights coming today I’ll mount to the diamond plate and update.
DD41C235-A6A6-4336-A063-EBF4AF59E3BC.jpeg

570DAF8F-C1D5-4AE7-8FCC-1EC69202FFDD.jpeg
88E0AAE3-7BEA-45FE-A1F6-301992F15C35.jpeg
The diamond plate looks really good. Well done. You've planted a seed...thanks
Sponsored

kad's_Glad

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Retired
The Hotheads are awesome. Installed them in my JK and saved my brain from boiling in the desert heat. And much quieter. I will be ordering some for the JT before next summer for sure!
Agreed, Hotheads are awesome. Have had them in my '16 JKU for 4 1/2 years. Still hanging in there (literally) after all that time in the hot SoCal sun and they still look great. Made a big difference in rider comfort. If the Mopar version isn't as good on the new JT I just ordered I'll be swapping in Hotheads.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Washed it and put the Max Toes stickers on to be a cool kid

20211117_152822.jpg

20211117_124135.jpg

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
Finished up my front bumper swap from rough country to this Arcus. May never do a winch and as most know, it’s looks pretty awful with a HUGE gaping winch opening. Fabricated a simple diamond plate cover which ended up looking pretty normal. Have some 4” lights coming today I’ll mount to the diamond plate and update.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20211117_124135

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20211117_124135
That looks fantastic!

Is it painted with regular matte spray paint? Or did you use bedliner or something?

Sponsored

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
That looks fantastic!

Is it painted with regular matte spray paint? Or did you use bedliner or something?
Thanks! Just a regular matte. Did multiple very light coats. I own an airbrush but years ago had a body man teach me the art of a spray bomb. Said for small projects there is not a reason in the world to bring out the equipment.

Best part is it’s removable. Looks good as is, but should I choose to add a winch in the future I just pull it. It has a piece of aluminum barstock also bolted to the underside to stiffen it and act as a light mount base.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I have always wanted one of the decked setups but man they are heavy. How does the rear end up sitting? If I recall, you have to drill into the bed too right?
No drilling into the bed.

200lbs of static weight so it slightly reduces the stock rake.

Sponsored

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Truck might sit 1/4 inch lower post decked. I will be lifting it this spring and putting 33s on it. I tow a 30 foot camper so I don't want to go to big on tires. I'd imagine even with 35s I'd want to regear to to that big.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Truck might sit 1/4 inch lower post decked. I will be lifting it this spring and putting 33s on it. I tow a 30 foot camper so I don't want to go to big on tires. I'd imagine even with 35s I'd want to regear to to that big.
People will tell you that with the diesel you don't have to regear, but I don't agree.

Just because the engine has a good amount of torque, that doesn't change the gear ratios and rolling ratios. Your drivetrain will thank you with a re-gear at 35" and above.

33s are fine.

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
You’re towing a 30’er with a Gladiator? What trailer is it?