Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I was reading the other day that some of the push back in shifting the transfer case is due to the FAD. Takes a bit to get the front driveshaft in sink. Not that i have noticed a problem but maybe it will never be like BUTTER BABY.
go under your truck and grab the front driveshaft … it feee spins, so it definitely has to move a bit to engage … yeah I can see a little the fad having a connection issue but I have done this same thing on a previous JkU and it was definitely way better… but each their own right????
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I love the argument I see with people stating you loose so much "usable space".. no dumb ass you gain a full 2nd layer of "usable space" I can now put all my tools in the back keep them dry and secure and then place another layer of crap right on top of it and strap it down !
So can you haul a refrigerator, washer, similar large items, etc, on top of all that?

How do you secure coolers, folding chairs, similar large items, etc, for day trips?

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Nice color match to the Sting Grey. Love that bumper and the color choice. What paint did you use?
Thanks! I'll have to look it up, but I ordered it online. It's from a company that mixes factory paint and puts it in an aerosol can for you. I primed, painted, and cleared it. I love the way it turned out.

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
I’m prepared to be roasted for this but….

96EEAF45-3817-400B-A123-DD3E13CE7386.jpeg

075B7696-86B0-4BC7-8377-B715DF5C094B.jpeg
NOOOOOOOO :asshat::asshat::asshat:

I think you forgot to add the I and T at the end of your member name. ;)

Too each their own---but better you than me.

Just messing with you---and I owe you a :beer: for sure.

Sponsored

Nomad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator & 2018 JKU
Occupation
Project Manager
Installed a subwoofer with a DIY speaker enclosure, which was a couple weeks in the making. I installed it under the back seat (driver side) so that I would not give up all of the storage space. I had to remove the plastic bin for the hardtop bolts, which to me, was a worthwhile tradeoff.

I used cardboard to make a pattern for the bottom and top. Because the underseat storage is tapered, the shape is really constrained by the bottom.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1638211701239

Then I did the same for the top. I made it slightly bigger to conform to the opening (more for aesthetics than function).
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 1638211701239

I used 3/4" MDF I purchased from a local Home Depot. I used Titebond, coarse drywall screws, and Loctite PL Premium. Because the enclosure is small, I decided pretty early to make it a sealed box.

I cut out the opening for an 8" shallow mount sub (Kicker) and sprayed it with bedliner.

Here it is with the speaker installed. I went with a shallow mount 8", 2 ohm subwoofer. Link to Subwoofer: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BLVEXH2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the speaker terminals (hidden from view), I used cheap spring loaded ones from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G71CBQW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I saw posts where other members, as well a few YouTubers, tapped into the speaker wires and installed line output converters (LOC). I went with an APSUB-CH41. No cutting, splicing, or T taps required. The adapter plugs in between the 8.4 radio and factory harness. It takes some patience to stuff the bulky harness behind the factory head unit.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_541APSCH41/PAC-APSUB-CH41-AmpPRO-SUB-Wiring-Interface.html

I routed the plug for the LOC and blue power on lead down the passenger side near the glove box.

I routed the RCA cable, power cable, and turn on lead down the driver side and tucked them under the plastic trim.

To route the power cable to the fuse holder and battery, I used a Daystar firewall grommet and routed it into the engine compartment on the driver side. The hole has a plastic cap (for auto transmissions). I believe the hole is occupied if you have a manual.

Daystar Firewall grommet: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K2285E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I went with a BOSS amp (2/4 ohm). Price was really good (half price of most major brands), had great reviews, and provides ample power. Fits in the cubby behind the seat. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004S4XNEO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is the finished sub in the storage bin.

The APSUB-CH41 came with a bass control knob, but it did not include a housing, so I mounted it in a small electronic project box and attached (double sided tape) it next to the shifter. If you use this, there is no need to route a control cable all the way back to the amp. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F3Q784X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The sound is amazing. I set the bass level even on the head unit and adjusted the bass with the amp and subwoofer. Now, it is much less muddy from the broad band from the factory amp. Because it is a sealed box, it has a very clear, punchy, tight bass for the lows. No distortion whatsoever. Very happy with the balance of storage space and much better bass response.

Update 2-26-21:
I changed the amp to a Kicker 46CXA8001. The power rating on the Boss Audio one I originally put in was misleading (not as powerful as description says). The Kicker is much smaller and more powerful.

I made some adjustments to the enclosure and was able to put in a 10 inch sub (Kicker CompRT 10). I also got rid of the screws, filled in the holes, and texture it with bedliner again for a cleaner look.
Do you have any dimensions for the box? Don't have my gladiator yet but want to start getting stuff ready.

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
Happy Jeep 😃:

ANGRY Jeep 😖:

Sonoran_Mohavey

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate Development
Weekend dump, I guess I never post what I did "today" heh. Here is what went down this past weekend.

-Hothead Headliners
-Midland GMRS Radio and Ghost Antenna
-Custom grab handles made by @darksidedesign

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG-0260
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG-0259
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG-0258
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG-0257
Sponsored