2020 JT Overland

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
Well....the leveling kit I recently installed turned into a bit more... meaning that it lit the match that inspired me to do a more "official" lift. Picked up the Mopar 2" lift the other day from the dealer and installed it over the past 2 days. I left the 1" teraflex front spacer to account for the winch and bumper and left in the 3/4" Daystar spacer in the rear because I'm finally getting in my rack this week so needed to account for that weight and the RTT that's going on top. Right now sitting at 42" all the way around from ground to bottom of fenders. Getting my alignment tomorrow. Also installed a Mopar/fox steering stabilizer I never used on one of my old builds so it was new. Oh and lastly, installed my ASFIR skid plate.

Looks like 35s or 37s might be in my future.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland Diesel
Well....the leveling kit I recently installed turned into a bit more. Picked up the Mopar 2" lift the other day from the dealer and installed it over the past 2 days. I left the 1" teraflex front spacer to account for the winch and bumper and left in the 3/4" Daystar spacer in the rear because I'm finally getting in my rack this week so needed to account for that weight and the RTT that's going on top. Right now sitting at 42" all the way around from ground to bottom of fenders. Getting my alignment tomorrow. Also installed a Mopar/fox steering stabilizer I never used on one of my old builds so it was new. Oh and lastly, installed my ASFIR skid plate.

Looks like 35s or 37s might be in my future.

View attachment 208104

View attachment 208106

View attachment 208107
Looks great! FYI no reason to pay someone for an alignment, since the only thing you can adjust is toe. You can straiten your steering wheel with a 15 mm wrench.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
Looks great! FYI no reason to pay someone for an alignment, since the only thing you can adjust is toe. You can straiten your steering wheel with a 15 mm wrench.
Already aligned my steering wheel today. Easy peasy. Now you got me wanting to research doing my toe. My other two trucks I went with lifetime alignments so was going to do the same but now you got me thinking.

Sponsored

Sponsored

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
Plastidipped my grill matt black yesterday and reassembled everything today.

Pretty pleased with the look, but now I am wondering if I should have done all the parts instead of just the main painted piece.

Either way, I'll probably end up doing an actual paint job on it in the spring.

20220101_151858~2.jpg

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered. Thanks!
credit where credit is due, I got the idea from another member. I think his post was back in the 1000's.

you will be pleased!

I used a little bit of nail polish removed before I applied it. Im %100 that the nail polish removed will damage the rubber so I didnt do the entire front handle. I just did the area where I applied the decal.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Props took a whopping 5 minutes or so to install (and that was in 28 degree air)

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20211231_131249_HDR

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20211231_131311

Next came the fog lights. My steel bumper came with brackets that allow Overland stock fogs to be installed in the Rubicon type steel bumper. That saved me 50 bucks in that I didn't have to order the steel bumper kit for these lights.
But - since there's some "play" in how things can be aligned when the lights are attached to the brackets - I thought I had everything perfectly straight but when installed I note the right fog light line is not 100% level - the right end is up a bit so I'll have to remove it, loosen the screws and shift the light in the bracket before I go totally nuts thinking of it being not perfectly level. But with temps around the mid-single digits for a while, it will have to wait. In the mean time, they are installed and work fine. I was a bit baffled for 10 seconds - until I realize that fog lights are disabled when the headlights are in auto mode with auto high beams enabled. DUH.

Stock Overland fog on left, new Diode Dynamics fog on right...............

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20211231_104703

Stock Overland fog center -

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20211231_104642

New fog in the adapter bracket that comes with the bumper I have - I need to remove the right light and loosen those four bolts and shift the light a bit to make it sit level when on.
I used stainless hardware with nyloc stainless nuts to attach the lights to the brackets.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20211231_104719

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Front bumper, winch, 1" spacers up front.

Started at 3 in the afternoon, finished at 7am. 3 hours were interrupted looking for a friend's dog who was ejected in a rollover accident.

271126815_10222127787363883_1680333676911694854_n.jpg

20220101_135727.jpg

20211226_161421.jpg

Notice the overbite on the controller?
I relocated the brackets about 1¼" back to accommodate the wires. I'll be redoing it at some point to route the wires down and back where there's plenty of room and they'll be more hidden from view.
Sponsored

Last edited: