What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I have a question that hopefully you, or someone who sees this, can answer. Because you have these 2 vehicles and bumpers. Any idea if the 10th anniversary steel rubicon bumper
(made for the JK i think) will fit a 22 rubicon gladiator? I found what I think is a good buy, but not making the drive until I know for sure. The seller says it will fit, but 🤷‍♂️

BTW, love the nacho JT. Just traded my hellayella JL, for a granite JT.
The front bumper will fit, the rear will not. The front bumper is the same.

And thanks! It's not a color to everyone's taste, but obviously I like it. It's seems to be polarizing. Hellayella was a favorite of mine too.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jakes5thjeep

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubi
Occupation
Worker
The front bumper will fit, the rear will not. The front bumper is the same.

And thanks! It's not a color to everyone's taste, but obviously I like it. It's seems to be polarizing. Hellayella was a favoritebof mine too.
Thanks! Good news on the bumper I guess.. now I'm gonna end up driving 3-ish hours to snag the bumper, I might as well add another 3 hours and pick up a soft top for cheap too. That would be the economical thing to do, right?

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Llumar IRX Ceramic Tint. 30% front, 15% rear/back. The back combined with the existing privacy glass brings it to about 5% equivalent (limo tint). The front looks a touch lighter most of the time but I expected that (I didn't want to go any darker than 30% in the front). Some angles it matches surprisingly close though.

From what I've gathered from others, 20/25% matches well with the existing privacy glass if your just looking to match the front and back. Most quality tint shops can measure the glass with a meter and give you their closest match in terms of darkness. I wanted the maximum heat/UV protection (especially on the rear where the baby seat is) so I went with ceramic for all of it.
Yeah, I went full ceramic on my last vehicle (including front windshield).... love the ceramic, just not paying twice the price of standard tint..... but def worth it. Looks great !

Sponsored

acyuncw

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S
Finally bit the bullet and put on a Rock Hard winch plate and a Smittybilt 10k winch today. That set up let me keep the plastic bumper and save some weight on the front end. It was mostly straightforward except for getting it all in place WITH the grill back on. I had to loosen the whole works back up and roll the winch plate forward to get the grill down to the bottom clips... My wife said "that looks cool, don't know when you'll ever use it." I said, just like the life preservers in the boat right? She is correct in that I don't do a lot of offroading, but it feels good to be mostly self-rescuing. I'm sticking with the factory Bridgestones for now but I'll move up to some 33's once they're worn out. Also, lights, I NEED more lights. At this rate, I'm gonna need a job.

D3714F9E-499F-4769-AF4A-0557A14CE3D1.jpeg

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_3542.JPG

Installed a two piece Shadeidea sun shade. I went with the two piece since I would have the ability to take off only the front. I miss the true open air experience but my bald head will thank me on long drives this summer I suppose.

captain kilroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT sport s
Occupation
contract welder
FINALLY got my lift on (ordered 9/26, drop shipped, 5 days on a FedEx truck locally, front spacer missing but replaced by RC after no help from CarID) and very pleased. Had to adjust the drag link after the initial test drive worried me, but otherwise went smoothly excepting operator error. Also, track bar setup is a PITA.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] C7498F32-4137-4B5D-80C1-B9164272FAE1

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] C7498F32-4137-4B5D-80C1-B9164272FAE1
Before & After w/ 35s on 20s
which rc 3.5 lift did you go with?

Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Wanted to add a little more lift in the front(running an AEV 2" kit) but didn't want to hassle with another lift and also was looking at LED lights. So I ordered the Rugged Ridge LED Chop fender kit for the Gladiator and thought it will look nice and also make the front look slightly higher. Quadratec emailed me that the order was backordered so in the meantime, I order the Quake Smoke LED Chop light kit.

The reason I wanted the Rugged Ridged set was because of the use of the inner liner, so I decided to modify with scissors, a drill, and a lighter and was able to mold and cut the liner. I made 4 additional holes for the liner to be held in place with the plastic trees(one on each light and one on both side on the frame).

I started the removal of the inner liners the day before to take my time, overall not a bad experience.

Tried my best to keep it looking somewhat stock. If I ever get the Rugged Ridge ones I will get another set of inner liners and make better cuts and moldings. Sorry for the dirty pics:
That looks really cleanđź‘Ť
I thought the reason people change fender liners was to increase clearance/rubbing.
So is changing the light but keeping the factory liner give you more clearance for rubbing? Or is what little bit that’s trimmed do that?

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Probably the most important mod I'll ever make to the Gladiator. I changed out this sticker:
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 0428221545_HDR

For this one:
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 0428221548_HDR

I also added custom paracord grab handles from DarksideDesign:
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 0428221453_HDR

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 0428221453a_HDR

I sent him a picture of my aiguillette from my Honor Guard uniform, and he matched it perfectly. Not only that, he braided up 3 different designs and let me pick the one I wanted. Great stuff.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/custom-paracord-grab-handles.47353/
Sponsored