Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
What cha have coming in Papa?
Another Overland in blue with a few more options.
Getting the automatic transfer case, and the aux switches as I've been thinking about wiring a winch solenoid to switches. It's not bad opening the hood to turn the cut-off switch, but it would be nice to not have to.
Sponsored

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
Another Overland in blue with a few more options.
Getting the automatic transfer case, and the aux switches as I've been thinking about wiring a winch solenoid to switches. It's not bad opening the hood to turn the cut-off switch, but it would be nice to not have to.
Nice! And congrats.

I was wondering you were opting for a max tow for the gearing.

Looking forward to you getting it.
I know your current Overland gets pretty good fuel economy but hopefully you get one tht gets the fuel economy like Jeeperjamie and not mine.

:CWL:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
In other "news" - gathering up parts and pieces to do things better when transferring parts.
Will likely order some new bolts for the bumper, but decided to see how hard it would be to strip and prep some of the bolts and nuts that hold the ends on the steel bumper. I think they did cheap plating then painted the bolts originally.
I'm doing them in black zinc - we'll see how well they hold up. Should be fine. But - is it worth the work, or just buy new bolts and nuts from Benny for it.
Some of them are like new, not bad at all, no rust, just losing the black so maybe powdercoating........
Ignore the silver parts - those are alternator fan spacers I did in clear zinc while I had things going.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20220516_JT-bumper-bolts

Sponsored

MJRSC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Occupation
Lawyer
I like the idea of this, but wondering if it most likely crushes the fuel economy around town?
mine has not. It’s all about how you drive it but to me the benefit outweighs any loss in MPG, if any.

MJRSC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Occupation
Lawyer
1 inch Teraflex Level puck in the front and Synergy 1.75 Wheel Spacers added...Drives great and the look is perfect!

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] E25A359A-D8DD-4888-9448-392CE3769F1A
Looks good! Thinking of doing same. You change anything else? Easy to do on your own?

Sponsored

MJRSC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Occupation
Lawyer

spanishmack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT Gladiator, 2012 Ford F-150
Occupation
Something... something... software.
My gladiator got a name and put on decals today….Maximus….Max for short. Called him that since he is a Max Tow. Max tow plus gladiator=Maximus. Put on the front hood decals and a rear decal courtesy of @pixeldecals. Put them on myself since I am OCD and wanted the hood decals level and spaced correctly..LOL

ADEEB02D-469B-4D74-892C-561CA675A506.jpeg

7AE53395-A3F4-46B9-B371-6235CE2EEA91.jpeg

F8D6682A-6C4E-41DA-96ED-6425D13280F2.jpeg
Gonna make for an uncomfortable moment if someone shows up with a Jeep named "Commodus" at a meet up.

EDIT: Close. Saw this member on a another thread:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/members/commodus.23465/

Last edited: