Sponsored

What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

HenrytheDestroyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT
I ordered the 60" strips thru quadratec.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/oracle-...d-cargo-light-pair-jeep-gladiator-jt-3826-504

The strips were a bit to long so I trimmed them to length and dipped the end in silicone.

I tapped into the existing bed lights for now. I plan to rewire them on a dedicated circuit after I remove everything and spray bed liner in the near future.
Did you ever rewire these? I’m in the process right now and trying to figure the best way to do it. I’m thinking about hooking them up to each side bed light through the little hole in each corner directly, so they’ll always be on when the cargo lights are on.

Sponsored

Animal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Occupation
CMMS Administrator
Did you ever rewire these? I’m in the process right now and trying to figure the best way to do it. I’m thinking about hooking them up to each side bed light through the little hole in each corner directly, so they’ll always be on when the cargo lights are on.
I ended up tapping them into the bed lights using the same route you are thinking. One strip to the left bed light the other to the right thru that preexisting hole. I got rid of the switch and Y harness. No issues with this setup.

HenrytheDestroyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT
I ended up tapping them into the bed lights using the same route you are thinking. One strip to the left bed light the other to the right thru that preexisting hole. I got rid of the switch and Y harness. No issues with this setup.
Awesome. Glad to hear. Did you also end up attaching them to the sprayed in bed liner area, or the underside of the trail rail system ?

Sponsored

Animal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Occupation
CMMS Administrator
Awesome. Glad to hear. Did you also end up attaching them to the sprayed in bed liner area, or the underside of the trail rail system ?
I adhered them to the bottom of the trail rails. The adhesive held well for a while but the ends started to peel. I added a zip tie at each end of the strip around the trail rail since that's where it was peeling away from.

If I were to do it again, I would go to the bed liner and I would use 3m 4298 adhesion promoter this stuff really helps!

3M 4298 Adhesion Promoter, Sponge Applicator (3) https://a.co/d/9aTuCgv

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
A few days back I swapped up from single 100w solar panel to two 100w panels. But now after a few days with the panels I added I'll be getting a second one of prior type to use and swap back to semi flexible 100w panels better performance from the single vs 2 rigid ones and 1/3 weight or better.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 16546399450544741099961642502411

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Adjusted the steering box 1/8 turn (45 degrees) and man what a difference. Pretty much eliminated the dead spot in the steering wheel. I used a hex driver and a couple wrenches end-to-end and was able to separate the nut from the shaft without heat, luckily. Highly recommend this mod. In the picture you can see the shaft paint mark offset from the nut and steering box body. Torqued the nut back down to match the steering box mark to make sure it was tightened back down

And the Roam case came in to replace my less-than-exciting random tote for my off-road gear. Love how the case looks and feels pretty sturdy!

B0BDCF9A-9238-463F-B46A-F2B4E9318CD4.png

763F7AA7-D688-44AA-BBC5-3395E39792F0.jpeg

C73A8DBA-2B6A-41A5-81BE-41715F3537B5.jpeg
Sponsored