What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

dos0711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Added an Apple Carplay wireless dongle. Now my phone connects when I get in the Jeep with no wires. Plugged into the console usb, shut the lid and forget it's there.
Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Added an Apple Carplay wireless dongle. Now my phone connects when I get in the Jeep with no wires. Plugged into the console usb, shut the lid and forget it's there.
Link?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
After having it at max payload the other day and still seeing a rake, I decided to add another inch to the front. Much better. Also added the Mopar lift sway links, Rock Jock bump stops, Falcon progressive jounce cups, and a Clayton adjustable front track bar. Stance is perfect, imo.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20220625_212229119

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
With multi-mega-thanks to member jebiruph, took another step in prepping my 2020 to go in trade on a 2022.
Today was swapping the rear suspension back to stock/original springs and shocks.
Two of us on the project made it go fast - and it's amazing how much difference 2 years makes on a person after you hit a certain point. Very thankful for the help. Even just passing a light to make sure the top end of the spring coil is clocked correctly in those crazy top isolators is a help, or holding the back wrench on things while torqueing things back to spec again.
So next on the list:
Putting stock original Overland springs, shocks and lower control arms back under it, then likely removing the trailer brake controller. The rest is mostly taking out the bed rails, tonneau latches I installed, the storage trays in the cab, etc.
Which 22 are you going for? Ive been beating around doing the same.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Which 22 are you going for? Ive been beating around doing the same.
Pretty much the same thing, Overland, but with aux switches and the full-time/auto transfer case.
I tried for snazzberry but wouldn't you know it, May saw snazzberry dropped from the dealer's order screen.
The overland tows what I tow just fine, mpg ain't bad (until I start adding weight and the A/T tires, that is) and the ride is fantastic. I can tell a difference in sound and ride after taking the weight off the front and taking the max tow springs out and putting the Overland rear springs and shocks back. I still have to swap the front springs back in and take those light Rubicon springs out
The truck is actually quieter and rides better.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Finally installed the rear track bar from Metal Cloak. I was really surprised at how small and lightweight the factory one was. The pictures don’t do the diameter difference justice….think baseball bat without handle tape vs baseball bat with handle tape.

78A338FA-9BE1-454B-A633-F7CC1C073FD9.jpeg

00FC4CB9-0896-4729-AFA3-0F2C0175EAED.jpeg

The factory track bar bushing was already starting to fade away it seems 😞

FC95A415-792A-4A9D-B3F6-D4260D7553D9.jpeg

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not seeing any issue with the bushing that would be causing trouble....... Looks like a 2 year old bushing.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I'm not seeing any issue with the bushing that would be causing trouble....... Looks like a 2 year old bushing.
Yea I had no issues with it at all. I was just bored and wanted to replace it lol. One less thing to replace later on when I lift the rear more.