What did you expect from a JEEP?! (So, WHY did you buy a Jeep?!)

OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

Clendennan

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Now Im usually to each their own. If you need a rock crawler, its going to look different than if you need a mud crawler, which will look different than a daily driver with mostly hiway miles. They each fulfill requirements for the needs of the user.

Im trying to figure out what the users needs are here.
4brp25.jpg

OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's a fact.
The JT is an awesome vehicle or I wouldn't have bought it, but as a truck it's fairly useless. My 2015 F150 as a TRUCK is superior in every way.
The anemic 3.6 and tiny box in the JT are fairly useless.
Throw some bigger tires on and good luck towing anything up hill without a re-gear.
Anyway...as a toy the Gladiator is awesome, and looks better than 99% of the trucks on the road which is why I bought one.

4brphx.jpg

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Im trying to figure out what the users needs are here.
Isn't it obvious? [Heaven help and forgive me for this]

He's gotta take a bunch of fat chicks to the cheesecake factory down at the mall. He met them outside the Lane Bryant while he was on his way to the flat brim hat store. They were super impressed with his totally bitchin' rig and fell under the spell of his raw animal sexuality and obvious taste in accessories.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Sometimes you guys are too binary..."it's not an F150, so it sucks as a truck".

First, comparing it to an F150 is not fair. "But the price is similar!" Okay, that's because Ford sells 900,000 F150s a year. Clearly low-price, high volume is their sales strategy.

Compare the JT to a loaded Chevy Colorado ZR2 and you're in the same price category and finally comparing apples to apples. I copied a 2020 ZR2 build below for reference.

But as we know the ZR2 doesn't have the convertible capability nor the Jeep "fun" factor.

But bowtie boys would argue otherwise. That's why we all have opinions and buttholes.

Bottom line, enjoy your truck :jk: :like::beer:

zr2_price.jpg

DunnMan

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Real knee slappers there eh bud; look at you , you can make memes. I'm well aware you can fit a dirt bike in the back, but thanks. When I say the JT is a toy truck, it's because most people would never buy one for work when you can buy a full size truck for the same money and way more payload/towing capacity. Your picture of it with dirtbikes just reinforces my initial point...it's a toy for fun. Throw 37" tires on it and try and pull a decent size trailer and see what happens. The payload capacity is less than half that of a F150 and although the JT is rated to tow up to 7600lbs, good luck with bigger tires and anything up hill.

Anyway, you're obviously pretty defensive that I've questioned the worth of a JT as a 'truck'...but no point in feeling emasculated...it's an awesome vehicle which is why I bought it. Back to your memes.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Are you being the butthole Dirk is refering to?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland; 2018 Grand Cherokee; 2004 Grand Cherokee Special Edition; 1970 Javelin(sold); 1973 Javelin; 1982 Eagle SX4
Occupation
Retired auto tech, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland; 2018 Grand Cherokee; 2004 Grand Cherokee Special Edition; 1970 Javelin(sold); 1973 Javelin; 1982 Eagle SX4
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't it obvious? [Heaven help and forgive me for this]

He's gotta take a bunch of fat chicks to the cheesecake factory down at the mall. He met them outside the Lane Bryant while he was on his way to the flat brim hat store. They were super impressed with his totally bitchin' rig and fell under the spell of his raw animal sexuality and obvious taste in accessories.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Real knee slappers there eh bud; look at you , you can make memes. I'm well aware you can fit a dirt bike in the back, but thanks. When I say the JT is a toy truck, it's because most people would never buy one for work when you can buy a full size truck for the same money and way more payload/towing capacity. Your picture of it with dirtbikes just reinforces my initial point...it's a toy for fun. Throw 37" tires on it and try and pull a decent size trailer and see what happens. The payload capacity is less than half that of a F150 and although the JT is rated to tow up to 7600lbs, good luck with bigger tires and anything up hill.

Anyway, you're obviously pretty defensive that I've questioned the worth of a JT as a 'truck'...but no point in feeling emasculated...it's an awesome vehicle which is why I bought it. Back to your memes.
It seems you haven't figured out the theme of this thread. You need to binge a bunch of Don Rickles videos on Youtube and maybe then read through this thread from the start. No complaint is immune from meme scrutiny here. Not even the wholly justifiable and irrefutable complaints about the horrendous size, sensitivity and wound inflicting aspects of the fob.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes you guys are too binary..."it's not an F150, so it sucks as a truck".

First, comparing it to an F150 is not fair. "But the price is similar!" Okay, that's because Ford sells 900,000 F150s a year. Clearly low-price, high volume is their sales strategy.

Compare the JT to a loaded Chevy Colorado ZR2 and you're in the same price category and finally comparing apples to apples. I copied a 2020 ZR2 build below for reference.

But as we know the ZR2 doesn't have the convertible capability nor the Jeep "fun" factor.

But bowtie boys would argue otherwise. That's why we all have opinions and buttholes.

Bottom line, enjoy your truck :jk: :like::beer:

zr2_price.jpg
Someone has to ruin things with thinking and logic. Dang. (J/K)

I've owned a number of trucks, ridden in even more - my JT is the most COMFORTABLE truck I've ever been in or driven. I'll take it on a coast-to-coast drive any day.
So I can't haul 12' 2x10s easily - actually, I can........... bed extender in the receiver. OK, I just messed up my own argument.
There's a beer in your post - mind passing me one? I think I need it......

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Someone has to ruin things with thinking and logic. Dang. (J/K)

I've owned a number of trucks, ridden in even more - my JT is the most COMFORTABLE truck I've ever been in or driven. I'll take it on a coast-to-coast drive any day.
So I can't haul 12' 2x10s easily - actually, I can........... bed extender in the receiver. OK, I just messed up my own argument.
There's a beer in your post - mind passing me one? I think I need it......
Ok, Now we need an “It’s not a truck” meme with Arnold from Kindergarten Cop.

But I do have to agree. It is very comfortable.

Advertisement

Advertisement