Sponsored

What do you call that annoying dealer markup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
What's it called when you're getting a new rare vehicle and the dealer tacks on a certain dollar amount to the MSRP? Messed up, yes, but it has a specific word that for the life of me I just can't remember right now...

I'm starting the conversation with my local dealership. Actually where we got and service my wife's Grand Cherokee. We don't have pricing yet, and I don't know if we'll have pricing at the time of ordering, but I basically want to make it clear that when my order comes in, and we go to actually figure out financing or whatever, they had better not even think of adding a ________ - whatever that number is...
Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
second sticker

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Although, I think the ADM was possible by the dealers because of allocations. You couldn't actually order an RS, you had to wait for the dealer to get their allocation, and there were serious waiting lists. Dealers were allocated small numbers so they tried arguing that they could charge more...

If I'm ordering a JT, they can't charge me more than MSRP... I'm imagining... I'd love to get on the bandwagon and order from the NC dealership or NV dealership, but I think flying out and driving back to NJ would be a huge inconvenience... so hopefully I can get a decent deal locally. Hopefully.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Although, I think the ADM was possible by the dealers because of allocations. You couldn't actually order an RS, you had to wait for the dealer to get their allocation, and there were serious waiting lists. Dealers were allocated small numbers so they tried arguing that they could charge more...

If I'm ordering a JT, they can't charge me more than MSRP... I'm imagining... I'd love to get on the bandwagon and order from the NC dealership or NV dealership, but I think flying out and driving back to NJ would be a huge inconvenience... so hopefully I can get a decent deal locally. Hopefully.
tread lightly - they should honor this and give you 1% below invoice.

Sponsored

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Capitalism gives you the option to go somewhere else!

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn

From Jersey, you'll be better off going to the Maryland/DC dealers for a great deal. Take a train/bus, they'll pick you up and they do 8% below invoice on ordered JLs (and have always done 5%). The best Maryland dealers are 3 hours from Edison. They'll all post on here eventually. F MSRP, and F invoice. That's capitalism (real competition, baby).

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maryland/DC I'd go to. I used do that trip on the Acela Express regularly. That's easier for sure.

I'll dig through the JL Forums and see if I find one... unless there's one you recommend...?

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Maryland/DC I'd go to. I used do that trip on the Acela Express regularly. That's easier for sure.

I'll dig through the JL Forums and see if I find one... unless there's one you recommend...?
Koon is the recommended place however they are not saying if they will be under invoice. The person I was talking to said it would be above msrp for a while.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.