Sponsored

What do you think of the Geo Pro camper?

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
I'm doing some research and I like off road camper options like Escapade and Hiker Trailer and High Altitude, etc. I stop by this RV place near me and they were telling me the Geo Pro is on par with those if you get the off road package, which is just a lift and bigger tires. I called another place asking for an off road capable camper and they referred me to the same thing telling me it was the best thing since sliced bread. I was looking in one and yes, it did seem much better than the others they had in terms of quality that I could see at a glance with a low price range, but I thought I'd ask you all.. I don't want to be going down some road a little more technical than a fire road and have the thing fall apart on me and strand me and my wife and kid.
Sponsored

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
He’s just done a great YouTube towing video through Utah and Colorado...Gladiator + GeoPro. Search Gladiator towing...

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
There are so many choices that it's hard to say yes or no on any of them. The key is WHAT DO YOU NEED the camper/trailer to do?

Towing a camper everywhere is one thing - taking it off road is a whole 'nother thing. If you can define your needs clearly then researching, shopping and choosing will be a bit easier.

OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are so many choices that it's hard to say yes or no on any of them. The key is WHAT DO YOU NEED the camper/trailer to do?

Towing a camper everywhere is one thing - taking it off road is a whole 'nother thing. If you can define your needs clearly then researching, shopping and choosing will be a bit easier.
That is true. If i want an off road one, the options are far fewer and that can be a good or bad thing. For instance, getting one that you can stand up in is very difficult. After reviewing the video mentioned above and some other ones, I've noticed that dealers and their videos give a lot of false information or extremely biased information. I've learned the off road package with the geo pro isn't really all that great. The same goes for so many with the "off road packages" they offer. Either way, I'm hitting up the overland expo this weekend and hopefully getting my hands on some different trailers will help. Thats another thing around here. I'm from out west and just from searching online, it is so much easier to find and get your hands on an off road trailer out west. Here on the east coast its really difficult. I remember having the same issue a few years ago looking for a camper van to rent. Almost no options out here, but plenty out west.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
So, what are you looking for? Do you want a true off road trailer that you can stand up in? What else do you want it to have? How many do you need it to sleep? Toilet? Shower?

If you want a true off road trailer, why? Are you really going to drag that thing over rocks?

I can't help you with your selection process but if you can define your needs clearly you'll be able to determine your trailer options

OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good questions! Let me think about this. So it needs to sleep 2 adults and 1 kid and one dog as of right now. Maybe 2 kids in the future if i'm not careful. Stand up in is nice and cook inside is nice, but showers that i've looked at are too small and I'd prefer a nice big shower tent that can fold up real small and I can just get an outside shower with a heater and use that. Then I can wash stuff like the dog and dishes outside as well. Hmmm....maybe having an external water system would be ideal. Easy to self plumb and maintain compared to rv's where you have to pull up the damn floor to get to a pipe.

I think I might take it over some rocks. Ideally, I'd take it just a bit beyond the typical trail. It doesn't need to do the hardcore stuff, but having it close by would be nice.

Yeah, that would be pretty ideal.

Centexan

First Name
Coleburn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ram 2500
I like the Geo-Pro and No-Bo trailers and I am planning to buy a No-Bo eventually. However, lets look at them for what the really are--mass produced travel trailers made by Forest River. While they certainly have off road styling and off road features, I don't think either of them are true off roaders. They are more like base camp trailers. I do like the fact that both models use torsion axles.

There are some good off road trailer brands, but they are much more expensive than a mass produced rig. One that I really like is the TAXA. Their Mantis model has full height headroom, and includes a cartridge toilet and shower enclosure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the Geo-Pro and No-Bo trailers and I am planning to buy a No-Bo eventually. However, lets look at them for what the really are--mass produces travel trailers made by Forest River. While they certainly have off road styling and off road features, I don't think either of them are true off roaders. They are more like base camp trailers. I do like the fact that both models use torsion axles.

There are some good off road trailer brands, but they are much more expensive than a mass produced rig. One that I really like is the TAXA. Their Mantis model has full height headroom, and includes a cartridge toilet and shower enclosure.
Oh yeah the mantis is sweet. I'd love one, but they are so expensive! The cricket is less, but i don't know if that will be enough and its still 30k. I was looking at the safari condo, but thats a 1.5 year wait time.

KellyM

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 JKUR, 06TJ
Oh yeah the mantis is sweet. I'd love one, but they are so expensive! The cricket is less, but i don't know if that will be enough and its still 30k. I was looking at the safari condo, but thats a 1.5 year wait time.
Have you looked at the Teton X Hybrid?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you looked at the Teton X Hybrid?

Wow those are nice! Im definitely going to check one out! They have everything and the thought of a king size bed is really awesome!!!

KellyM

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 JKUR, 06TJ
Wow those are nice! Im definitely going to check one out! They have everything and the thought of a king size bed is really awesome!!!
I have been to their shop in Utah. Nice operation. The inside of the Hybrid is surprisingly roomy feeling. The owners are great people and they will work with you on some modifications. They have a hanging bunk for kids (once the top is popped open) and can set up the front section as sleeping quarters as well. For me, it seems to be the best compromise of comfort and capability particularly with the 4" lift for the Timbren suspension. We are looking for something that handles high winds and can offer some respite from nasty weather. We are seriously considering it to replace the M101A3 I built to follow us around off road (photo below). We tend to prefer camping as far away from others as possible. Planning on a Gladiator as our primary tow vehicle.

DSC00981 (1).JPG

Mission Overland is building similar, but smaller off-road pop-up trailers. https://www.missionoverland.ca

Good luck with your search.

OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very cool! Thanks. Im hoping to see them at the overland expo east and check out some campers.

grangr

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I have a Geo Pro 15TB with the off-road package. It is definitely not an off road trailer. I have pulled it on dirt pass roads through Colorado but nothing technical. It is a good base camp trailer. The solar package is great for off the grid camping and the small wet bath is actually pretty good. I looked at every trailer available in that size range and I felt like it was the right choice for me. It weighs 2500 pounds and pulls great behind my manual transmission Rubicon.

5E3A7FB2-B307-4692-8C6B-92BC65C15ECA.jpeg

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F450, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy