Sponsored

What do you think of this site? The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Having been a member on no less than 10 vehicle forums, the first thing that comes to my mind here is how we are allowed to say what we feel. Right or wrong.
The freedom from censorship here is a breath of fresh air.
Next is good as well.
The knowledge of some of the members here is, to say the least quite enlightening.
The bad, the ā€œKeyboard Warriorsā€, they exist on most all forums, but they are here too. Not often though.
The ugly, the pictures of all your mods and my envy to be a part will drive me into the poorhouse.šŸ¤Ŗ
Sponsored

Midnight Rider

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S, RIP.
Occupation
Senior Construction Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
1000% agree. Been a member since June & was immediately made to feel welcome. I have spent many hours reading, searching & learning. Iā€™ve owned many 4x4ā€™s in my life, among my favorites were a ā€˜65 Dodge Power Wagon & a ā€˜78 Scout. This is my first Jeep & it has touched me in a way that no other vehicle has really. I can say the same about this site also, something very unique & very good šŸ‘.
I havenā€™t experienced any bad myself, just some good natured ball busting over the soft top ā€œman bunā€. Ugly- trying to convince my lovely wife that owning a Jeep isnā€™t just about transportation, itā€™s a lifestyle & I wonā€™t spend all our retirement on mods. ;)

OP
OP
Trickster

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Ugly- trying to convince my lovely wife that owning a Jeep isnā€™t just about transportation, itā€™s a lifestyle & I wonā€™t spend all our retirement on mods. ;)
This exactly is a problem shared.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
I wish the member market place were somehow better displayed or evolved.
It would be cool to have some way to be on the lookout for certain items. For example, if someone in my state (or next state) decides to sell some half doors at a good price I would love to know right away, almost like an ebay alert.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I have been involved with forums for the better part of 20 years. Auto, collectible, home theater, tech, etc. I have seen things from being a member and a staff member. I used to be a super moderator and admin on a group of large tech forums.

With that being said forums are forums.

-You usually get a core group of good members. One's that talk, help and have fun. Contributing members.

-Then you get another group that just get off on arguing and starting conflicts. Getting bent out of shape when someone asks a commonly asked question. Always debating with or being overly critical of other members. These are the keyboard warriors.

-Finally the one's that join with zero intention of being contributing members. They just want to start trouble. They want to set the world on fire just to watch it burn. These of course are the trolls.

In the grand scheme of forums that I have been involved in this one is pretty relaxed. Don't see much conflict. Don't see too many keyboard warriors. There are other forums that I'm on that are a whole different environment. Constant arguing. People being critical of other members. Pick pick pick.

But I will say this. No forum I have been involved with can compare to the negativity of Facebook groups. I have never seen such a bunch of whiney ass man-boys and super commando keyboard warriors. And the gang mentality. One person starts on a member and next thing you know there are 20 people bashing someone for asking a common question or having their own opinion. It's downright pathetic how some people talk to others. Guarantee most of them would never say the things they do to someone's face. They would be swallowing their teeth.

Sponsored

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
There is less arguing on this forum because we're all old and too damn tired to fight. Talk about jeeps, have a beer, repeat. Everyone happy.

And yes, Facebook is a scourge, a plight, a plague, a true boil on the ass of humanity and on a good note, it's also a shit hole.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
But I will say this. No forum I have been involved with can compare to the negativity of Facebook groups. I have never seen such a bunch of whiney ass man-boys and super commando keyboard warriors. And the gang mentality. One person starts on a member and next thing you know there are 20 people bashing someone for asking a common question or having their own opinion. It's downright pathetic how some people talk to others. Guarantee most of them would never say the things they do to someone's face. They would be swallowing their teeth.
I have no use for Facebook, & refuse to go there.

OP
OP
Trickster

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
There is less arguing on this forum because we're all old and too damn tired to fight. Talk about jeeps, have a beer, repeat. Everyone happy.

And yes, Facebook is a scourge, a plight, a plague, a true boil on the ass of humanity and on a good note, it's also a shit hole.
What is this Facebook you people are talking about?
Never heard of it.

Seriously never been a member, and shake my head when I hear people talk about it.
Oooo, somebody ā€œlikedā€ me. Omg.
Lonely hearts club.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
The software is second to none.

Topics are mostly weak.
There's too many different forums within it.

Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase

FB is great actually...if you know how to use it and filter out people. Takes a little effort tho.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I like the forum, and am on here daily. I do wish I could find new things to read. I run out of new things pretty quickly each day. Ive been trying to find others to feed my jeep forum needs for the in between times.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Topics are mostly weak.
There's too many different forums within it.
Well, feel free to jump right in with some new sporty topics! šŸ™‚
Sponsored