Sponsored

What does this scroller do!?

jakethesnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I can't seem to figure out what exactly this scroller changes. Any ideas? It's the scroller next to the dashboard display brightness scroller.

Screenshot_20190905-125745~2.png
Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Interior dome light brightness?

ScottV

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I can't seem to figure out what exactly this scroller changes. Any ideas? It's the scroller next to the dashboard display brightness scroller.

Screenshot_20190905-125745~2.png
According to owner's manual, that one will turn the dome lights completely off (whether doors are open or not) when turned all the way down to the bottom. Also from the owner's manual: "With the parking lights or headlights on, rotating the right dimmer control upward will increase the brightness of the instrument panel lights. Rotating the left dimmer control will adjust the interior and ambient light levels." I've had trouble noticing the effects of that left dial, but I haven't really tried it in the dark to see if it has the stated effect. I'm not sure what "interior and ambient" light is ... maybe the lights that illuminate the cupholders, etc.?

Sponsored

OP
OP
jakethesnake

jakethesnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
According to owner's manual, that one will turn the dome lights completely off (whether doors are open or not) when turned all the way down to the bottom. Also from the owner's manual: "With the parking lights or headlights on, rotating the right dimmer control upward will increase the brightness of the instrument panel lights. Rotating the left dimmer control will adjust the interior and ambient light levels." I've had trouble noticing the effects of that left dial, but I haven't really tried it in the dark to see if it has the stated effect. I'm not sure what "interior and ambient" light is ... maybe the lights that illuminate the cupholders, etc.?
Ahh the cup holders! Forgot about those, that could be it. I've always had it down all the way and my dome lights still come on when doors are opened (I think that's a changeable setting from the touch screen).
Will have to investigate the cup holder idea at night

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh the cup holders! Forgot about those, that could be it. I've always had it down all the way and my dome lights still come on when doors are opened (I think that's a changeable setting from the touch screen).
Will have to investigate the cup holder idea at night
I don't know if it adjusts the light level in the cupholders, but it adjusts the brightness around your feet. I leave mine just under halfway. Check it at night with the interior overhead lights off.

MPFit

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500
Took me forever to find out also- seems to be for the footwell lights

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads