Sponsored

What is the latest ruling on Mopar brake Controller?

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Mopar Brake Controller is on Back-order........what now?
I know there are a ton of threads on this but where are we now? I would really like to be able to purchase a plug-and-play controller. O.E. would make me happy but only if they got it sorted out. RedArc looks good but do you still need to modify the Ram harness? Curt anyone?
Really would love to keep a small dial like O.E. instead of a knee-knocker.
Thanks!
Sponsored

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
I am installing the redarc today, which I ordered last week. Available. No changes needed (except ABS TSB for early trucks). And the redarc actually has both on-road and off-road modes.

ygrignon

First Name
Yanik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow, Maserati Ghibli, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
meh, ive read good reviews on here. Im just not that interested in loosing the 12v charging port. Or placing a rando knob somewhere on my dash. im pleased with my curt echo. zero install, zero issues.

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Every thing I see and read, I'm getting a Curt Echo.

Works with out the phone, if needed, or BT connection goes down, simple, portable and no wiring.

This just seems win to me over all.

Sponsored

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
The Echo looks like a neat idea, but I would never consider towing a braked trailer without having a manual switch for the brakes at hand. Sure you can press the button on your phone, but you can’t modulate that, and who’s actually going to leave their phone mounted to the dash with the Curt app up for the entire trip.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
The Echo looks like a neat idea, but I would never consider towing a braked trailer without having a manual switch for the brakes at hand. Sure you can press the button on your phone, but you can’t modulate that, and who’s actually going to leave their phone mounted to the dash with the Curt app up for the entire trip.
They sell a button you can put on the dash for the Curt Echo.

I purposely purchased a mount for my phone on my 10,000mi trip with a travel trailer to use with the Curt Echo. Worked flawlessly.

Do other brake controllers allow you to modulate? I don't think the Mopar one does. I'm fairly certain if you needed to, you can manually press the button, and it will apply the brakes based upon how long you've left your finger on it.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Curt/C83HR.html

they have an optional button they made with folks like you in mind.

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
Ahh nice, I’d not seen mention of that before. In that case, it seems like a decent idea.

I’ll still go with the hardwired option personally, but that’s just because I always prefer wired over wireless when there’s a choice to be made.

Edit: Shame there’s no modulation on the OEM brake controller either. I was a big fan of the slider switch on my Ram, I’m sure they could have found room for that on the Jeep’s dashboard somewhere.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Tekonsha Primus gives you the slide switch and it's plug and pray...oops, I mean play ;) LOVE mine and it integrated perfectly with my June/July 2019 build Overland. No muss, no fuss :)

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
I felt the same way, then realized it is wired. Right at the plug in. :)

I’ll still go with the hardwired option personally, but that’s just because I always prefer wired over wireless when there’s a choice to be made.

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I installed the Mopar controller this year and have had zero issuses with it. Install was like a yoga session, but I am happy with it. I dont miss the 12V because I plugged converter into the 120V outlet in the rear and use that for the back up camera on my travel trailer.
Sponsored