First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Towboat Captain
So been looking at bumpers and winches. Yes its all personal preference here and of course functionality comes into play also. But want too see and here what some of you out there have chosen, and why. Also what mods were needed for the install if any. Let's see and here em
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
eBay Rubicon type steel bumper - comes with winch plate.
Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12,000 with synthetic rope. I hate steel cable. I've messed with that enough in other areas, like on wreckers and farm equipment.
I chose that winch because it has good reviews, isn't a budget-buster, is stronger than I'll ever need and has a decent remote (wireless or wired either way)
I really like the looks of the Jeep bumpers - especially the Rubicon steel bumper and the eBay bumper is fine at 1/3 the price and also has good reviews in the Wrangler forums (pages and pages of comments)
I like the looks, and it will pull a heck of a lot more than I'll need here in Iowa unless I take this thing into the Des Moines river and bury it.

Jeep Gladiator What Kind Of Winch Do You Have/ Prefer 20201101_133812_HDR

Last edited:
OP
OP
Capt.Grumps1075

Capt.Grumps1075

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Towboat Captain
Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12,000 with synthetic rope. I hate steel cable. I've messed with that enough in other areas, like on wreckers and farm equipment.
I chose that winch because it has good reviews, isn't a budget-buster, is stronger than I'll ever need and has a decent remote (wireless or wired either way)
I really like the looks of the Jeep bumpers - especially the Rubicon steel bumper and the eBay bumper is fine at 1/3 the price and also has good reviews in the Wrangler forums (pages and pages of comments)
I like the looks, and will pull a heck of a lot more than I'll need here in Iowa unless I take this thing into the Des Moines river and bury it.

Jeep Gladiator What Kind Of Winch Do You Have/ Prefer 20201101_133812_HDR
Looks good . And was looking into the Apex winch. Was thinking about the same one

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I went with a light weight Rugged Ridge Arcus bumper, that is also 1/3 the price of the Mopar steel bumper. For a winch I went with a Warn Evo 12k with the synthetic rope.
Jeep Gladiator What Kind Of Winch Do You Have/ Prefer TAT10

Sponsored

Moonridge

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have it yet, but I have seen great things about the Quadratec Q Performance Winch. I like that it has wired and wireless options, a spool light, and a synthetic line.

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Warn VR EVO 10s sitting on an Artec winch plate inside factory steel rubicon bumper. Synthetic line finished with a Warn hawse fairlead a factor 55 ultrahook.

i went with Warn because Warn has gotten me home before. I picked Artec because the tray was thick and boxed and I like how it mounted. Factor 55 got the nod because it can do it all on one hook and can assure a closed loop system or allow an open hook but with a safety pin when needed.

Jeep Gladiator What Kind Of Winch Do You Have/ Prefer 5EC0CF37-75DC-42AC-83CA-15698E1407D7

Jeep Gladiator What Kind Of Winch Do You Have/ Prefer FF0777E4-7C2A-4A04-95AB-CF0F725A89F1

Jeep Gladiator What Kind Of Winch Do You Have/ Prefer 4A6BB7B6-3077-4975-BF55-9BE439F5FE8E

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Warn VR EVO 10s sitting on an Artec winch plate inside factory steel rubicon bumper. Synthetic line finished with a Warn hawse fairlead a factor 55 ultrahook.

i went with Warn because Warn has gotten me home before. I picked Artec because the tray was thick and boxed and I like how it mounted. Factor 55 got the nod because it can do it all on one hook and can assure a closed loop system or allow an open hook but with a safety pin when needed.

Jeep Gladiator What Kind Of Winch Do You Have/ Prefer 4A6BB7B6-3077-4975-BF55-9BE439F5FE8E

I like the construction of that winch plate. Nice - that looks like a solid choice. I suspect those angles should keep it quite rigid.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
Warn Zeon 10s here. I’ve had it for years and no issues. I purchased the VR version 2 in 2016, but returned it once I saw rust on the steel fairlead it came with, and the crappy plastic solenoid.

The only thing that is fading is the red Warn strap and the small plastic piece (left side of the solenoid facing the winch). Other than that, powdercoat still looks new and I just covered all the decals/emblem with 3m.

FCAD9C69-717C-4B54-B118-81C3A3875585.jpeg

8ABD8BE8-BEBB-445D-A730-C8EB2EB61DD8.jpeg

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Smittybilt XRC Gen 3

I've only used it a handful of times but it's been very simple to work with. I mainly picked it for the features:

• LED light over the drum
  • Controller has flashlight built in and is also magnetic so you can stick it on your bumper when you need to step away and check on the line, etc.
  • Extra positive battery terminal post
  • LED lighted logo

O9Cl9tTh.jpg

Sponsored

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I like the looks, and it will pull a heck of a lot more than I'll need here in Iowa unless I take this thing into the Des Moines river and bury it.

Jeep Gladiator What Kind Of Winch Do You Have/ Prefer 20201018_123003
Got a link to that bumper?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good . And was looking into the Apex winch. Was thinking about the same one
Thanks. I'm not one of the more "hard core" guys who wants a really rad look nor do I really NEED that for my purposes.
I've always liked the look of Jeeps even stock but I also wanted to add some capability without taking away from that look very much. This fit my budget and maintains the essence of the "Jeep look". (My wife also likes the Jeep look so this doesn't make her ask "what the xxxx are you doing to that truck?" LOL)
and if anything happens to that bumper, I can go to a dealer for replacement parts, or I bet I could even contact the seller if I needed something. Others have said the seller is really responsive if there are any problems.

Any car or truck, especially Jeeps, but any, are as much personal taste as they are transportation and utility. The earliest of car makers understood that 100 years ago - otherwise we'd still be driving things that looked like the Model T - and yes, black.

Everyone likes how THEIR Jeeps looks and to them, it's the best look - otherwise they'd have never done it!