What Late Availability means

Blisskiss

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Those of us who are set on a (Late Availability) Gator, Gobi, have been wondering how long exactly that means. And I'm starting to wonder more and more now that the prebuilt orders have come out. My contact at a dealer told me that Late Availability may not be till 2021. But, I am hopeful. I have a feeling that this late availability may mean that they'll become available once the general orders open after the prebuilts. We've come from thinking ordering opens in January, to then April which were really just the LE, and now they're taking orders for the pre-built ones which only give us a color choice, but what's next I guess is those custom orders coming in May, right? And so, I am hopeful that when those orders open up, so will the late availability colors.

This is madness! What is there to make sense of it all!

BTW I'm sold on Gator. All of you who are with me on Gator go away. I want to be the only Gator Gladiator in San Diego! haha jk. Jeepfambestfam
Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Those of us who are set on a (Late Availability) Gator, Gobi, have been wondering how long exactly that means. And I'm starting to wonder more and more now that the prebuilt orders have come out. My contact at a dealer told me that Late Availability may not be till 2021. But, I am hopeful. I have a feeling that this late availability may mean that they'll become available once the general orders open after the prebuilts. We've come from thinking ordering opens in January, to then April which were really just the LE, and now they're taking orders for the pre-built ones which only give us a color choice, but what's next I guess is those custom orders coming in May, right? And so, I am hopeful that when those orders open up, so will the late availability colors.

BTW I'm sold on Gator. All of you who are with me on Gator go away. I want to be the only Gator Gladiator in San Diego! haha jk. Jeepfambestfam
I hate to bring you some bad news but the order options sheets (that dealers already have for when regular ordering opens up (not LE orders) still states that some colors are late availability.

OP
OP
Blisskiss

Blisskiss

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I hate to bring you some bad news but the order options sheets (that dealers already have for when regular ordering opens up (not LE orders) still states that some colors are late availability.
So at the earliest it would be the orders that go in for production after or around July deliveries.

Jeepin Weekend

First Name
Easton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 2 Door Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I think late availability will be out for order after they get the orders for first "custom" orders finished in May. So really that depends on whenever they get the first production delivered whether that be as early as June, or as late as October.

Sponsored

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
I want to know why Sting Gray is late availability since it’s available on other Jeeps currently. Kinda a bummer as it’s what I want to get.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I want to know why Sting Gray is late availability since it’s available on other Jeeps currently. Kinda a bummer as it’s what I want to get.
'Cause Marketing.

OP
OP
Blisskiss

Blisskiss

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I wonder if its to throttle orders, a preemptive PR stunt.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist

with the JL I think it was a 6 month delay before you could order
Here's a timeframe for JL as a reference. I'd expect late availability color orders to lag 2-4 months "early" availability (whenever you can actually order them) based on JL history/timeline.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-ordering-timeline-based-on-jl-history.14640/

@Blisskiss, I'll let you know when I get my LE. I'm in Ramona too.

steveale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1951 M38, 2020 Gladiator LE
I had already decided silver but originally wanted gator. My dealer indicated that FCA was notorious for not delivering late availability colors. In some cases they just "never happen" at all. That sealed my decision to go from gator to silver coupled with the LE.

Sponsored

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
I agree. Why SG on Wrangler but late on JT. Makes no sense.

OP
OP
Blisskiss

Blisskiss

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator

biggdave92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / 2000 XJ Sport 4x4
IMO, they're running the most popular colors first to get the cash flowing. crank'em out!

Same deal with LE. All the LE is is a cash injection. 250,000,000 in 24 hours. That'll get the ball rolling...

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
"Did we just become bestfriends?!"
Hey, just small town to have a couple of forum members both from. You'll (hopefully) see mine in town before you can order a Gator...
Sponsored