Sponsored

What mod you wish you can get a mulligan on?

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
For me, it would be my rack. I should have stuck to my orignal plan. I had planned for a softopper and datinfab rack. Then Bestop announced their new softopper so I waited, and waited and waited and finally gave up but by then, the Softopper is also backordered. So I decided to settle on a different bedrack that I can get fairly quickly at the time (about 2 months ago). I had not planned for an RTT at the time, so it's dynamic wait limit of 300lbs and static of 600lbs didn't concern me. Fast forward to now, my wife wants a hard shell rtt and think it'll be more comfortable and efficient. I don't disagree with her. But that weight limit is going to be a problem. A large hard shell rtt is about 180lbs, my two little girls are about 100lbs combined and we are around 320. With a 4 gallon (about 40lbs) waterport and 4 gallon rotopax (30lbs), we're above the 600lbs limit. I figured it still might be ok with the ladder helping support a some of our weight and dismounting the rotopax and waterport. But we're right their at the limit.

What mod do you wish you can get a redo on?
Sponsored

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
So far…
Just my lift. I researched the hell out of it but should have done more. Should have paid the $1500ish for something like the Clayton 2.5” or 3.5”

also the Rokblokz..flaps are great. In my opinion there should be a drop down box when you order for slider cut out or no. They showed up and had cutouts for the rails. Go to the website and somewhere about 2/3 down a couple of long paragraphs is a note that says “put no cutouts in the notes if you don’t want them.”
Should have read the whole thing because it cost me $15 in return shipping.

OP
OP

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
So far…
Just my lift. I researched the hell out of it but should have done more. Should have paid the $1500ish for something like the Clayton 2.5” or 3.5”

also the Rokblokz..flaps are great. In my opinion there should be a drop down box when you order for slider cut out or no. They showed up and had cutouts for the rails. Go to the website and somewhere about 2/3 down a couple of long paragraphs is a note that says “put no cutouts in the notes if you don’t want them.”
Should have read the whole thing because it cost me $15 in return shipping.
Good to know about the Rokbokz. I'm still considering them. Seems pretty pricey for wha they are and I'm not sure if I'll be happy with the way they look. I have the Clayton overland 2.5" lift with Falcons shocks and I am very happy with them.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Wanted something a little different on the front bumper and went with hammer paint. Should have just done flat black, been meaning to get that stripped so I can do it again.

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
Good to know about the Rokbokz. I'm still considering them. Seems pretty pricey for wha they are and I'm not sure if I'll be happy with the way they look. I have the Clayton overland 2.5" lift with Falcons shocks and I am very happy with them.
The rokblokz are overpriced for sure and I don’t believe there is a lot of value to the dollar..with that being said however, there are very few options out there and these are well thought out and designed. They look multiple times better on my Jeep than I thought they would as well.

Sponsored

Longleaf

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2018 Desert Sled
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
On the subject of the softopper- I've got one with a custom rack over it. And, don't get me wrong, I'm happy with it. But if money were no option, an Alu-Cab or RSI Smartcap would have been a better solution for me. I got my softopper used, but if I was paying around $1k for the softopper and $12-1500 for the datin rack- that's starting to get pretty close to RSI money.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Does stuff I already replaced count? If so my first set of wheels with 35" k02's.. It would be that or building my stock axles.. For what I paid with parts & labor I am only about 500 bucks shy of what the currie HD60/LP60 setup costs.

OP
OP

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Does stuff I already replaced count? If so my first set of wheels with 35" k02's.. It would be that or building my stock axles.. For what I paid with parts & labor I am only about 500 bucks shy of what the currie HD60/LP60 setup costs.
Sure does.
Sponsored