Sponsored

what size spacer added up front on mopar lift?

AV8tor

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Ford Bronco, Gladiator soon!
Hi there- I’m curious to see what size spacers some of you have added up front on a Mopar lift. My dealer is suggesting a 2” rubicon express spacer. Seems big, but he says that’s what they’ve done for multiple past customer builds.
Sponsored

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
Hi there- I’m curious to see what size spacers some of you have added up front on a Mopar lift. My dealer is suggesting a 2” rubicon express spacer. Seems big, but he says that’s what they’ve done for multiple past customer builds.
I did the mopar 2" lift with 1.5" Daystar leveling kit in the front. I added the Daystar to address the added weight of the ADD bumper and 12k winch. I expect to lose a half to three quarter of the 1.5" when they go on. Right now I would be front end high if I put a loaf of bread in the back :)

You can see pics on my build thread (Russler Build) if you want to check it out.

OP
OP

AV8tor

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Ford Bronco, Gladiator soon!
I did the mopar 2" lift with 1.5" Daystar leveling kit in the front. I added the Daystar to address the added weight of the ADD bumper and 12k winch. I expect to lose a half to three quarter of the 1.5" when they go on. Right now I would be front end high if I put a loaf of bread in the back :)

You can see pics on my build thread (Russler Build) if you want to check it out.
Thanks! Build looks great! I’ll be sticking with stock bumper and no winch for awhile, makes me think 2” is too much up front.

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
Thanks! Build looks great! I’ll be sticking with stock bumper and no winch for awhile, makes me think 2” is too much up front.
I wouldn't go over the 1.5" for sure and 1" would let you put said loaf of bread in the bed without looking front end high. You will also want to adjust your headlights right away. They didn't adjust mine and the first time I drove at night it was a miserable experience for everyone.

Armyman247

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
I did the daystar 3/4” all around and I think it looks perfect gained 3.5” in front so once I add my bumper and winch and should drop to right where I wanted it

Sponsored

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Added a 3/4" spacer up front because of the winch and heavier bumper. Changed out the cable from steel to synthetic to shed a few pounds.

82478817_2719222751525305_6214385092500914176_o.jpg