Sponsored

What the Heck are These? In the Freedom Top Bag....

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
Going topless today for the first time(in the Gladiator that is, all JKs and JLs lived topless for us before)..and came across these in a small pocket of the Freedom Top Storage bag...anyone know what these are for?

Freedom Top Guards 2.jpg

Freedom Top Guards.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tacoman03

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
I knew about the JL Freedom Top removal, but the Gladiator Bag has a outside pocket containing
these two rubber pieces. My 2 JLs did not come with these, so I assuming it must have to do with the rear hard top piece....just not sure for what......

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
I knew about the JL Freedom Top removal, but the Gladiator Bag has a outside pocket containing

these two rubber pieces. My 2 JLs did not come with these, so I assuming it must have to do with the rear hard top piece....just not sure for what......
I have heard that they are protectors to put on the front of the large hard top piece to protect it when removed and storing.

Sponsored

Purevil1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Taco man, did you ever figure out what those are for? We just received our Launch Edition and cannot figure it out.

RE

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney

mr1563

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator 2021 grand cherokee
They are supposed to be placed on the rear lower portion of roof when it is removed. This way you can set the roof down on floor without damaging edge or paint.
You are talking about the rear section, not the panels? I have been looking at these things for 4 days now!!

Sponsored

Rwpoling95

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Wrangler Unlimited 20 Gladiator LE
You are talking about the rear section, not the panels? I have been looking at these things for 4 days now!!
Yes my understanding is that they go on the bottom edge on corners of hard top to prevent damage to the edges...

Scrambler1

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy avalanche
Going topless today for the first time(in the Gladiator that is, all JKs and JLs lived topless for us before)..and came across these in a small pocket of the Freedom Top Storage bag...anyone know what these are for?

Freedom Top Guards 2.jpg

Freedom Top Guards.jpg
I have seen that they r supposed to protect the metal tabs on the roll bar after u remove the panels. Give it a try

Newjeeper53585

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Retired
I do not understand..... can someone load a picture of where they go??

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
The manual on Page 92 says:

“There is a pouch located on the front of the bag to store the hard top edge protector that is used when the hard top is not installed on the vehicle.”

But I don’t see a picture of where they go...

Something I didn’t know, page 100 details the procedure for removing the rear door frame and then the front door frame.
Sponsored