What to discount is reasonable for a launch edition off a lot

BlueCT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I’m in NJ and a dealer near me has a couple launch editions still on the lot. We have sooo many dealerships in NJ we do not have many that do a high enough volume to give good discounts. On true car this dealer shows a discount of about 3.5% under MSRP which isn’t great compared to what I see people getting when they order.
Is there any value for a launch edition that would reduce the discount? What do you think would be a fair price. I do not want to order but I would drive a couple hours to get a better deal so if anyone knows a good dealer within 2-3 hours of New York City I’m happy to take a suggestion. I would also travel to just get an honest reasonable salesman who doesn’t make me want to commit physical harm to him because of the BS coming out of his mouth lol.
Thanks
Chris
Sponsored

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
3 to 5% below Invoice not MSRP. A little research will get you the invoice price and what the dealer actually paid for the JT you are interested in.

OP
OP

BlueCT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
3 to 5% below Invoice not MSRP. A little research will get you the invoice price and what the dealer actually paid for the JT you are interested in.
Thanks for the reply. I see a lot of people getting that type of discount on orders are people getting that when buying off the lot as well?

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Thanks for the reply. I see a lot of people getting that type of discount on orders are people getting that when buying off the lot as well?
From what I've seen it's hard to get that much of a discount unless you custom order. You might get some knocked off because it's getting close to the end of the month but I wouldn't expect much

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
You should be able to get at least $7000 off of MSRP / Moroney window sticker.

What's the invoice price of a Launch Edition Gladiator?

Sponsored

JayO

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator LE, Range Rover Sprt, Porsche 718 Spyder
I just bought a Launch Edition in Massachusetts last week. Sticker was $62,310 (like all of them, I believe) and I paid $55,467.

jpskydawg

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Unlimited Rubicon
I just bought a Launch Edition in Massachusetts last week. Sticker was $62,310 (like all of them, I believe) and I paid $55,467.
You pay that drive off?
I am trying to buy here in Georgia, they are listing at $62K MSRP and offering $56K with a bad trade on my Rubicon unlimited

JayO

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You pay that drive off?
I am trying to buy here in Georgia, they are listing at $62K MSRP and offering $56K with a bad trade on my Rubicon unlimited
No, that was just the price of the truck. I traded in my 2018 JLUR, and got $39k for it. I was hoping for a little more, but when you add in the sales tax credit it totaled just about $41,500.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my LE just over a month ago that has been on the lot for 88 days. Was listed on the site at 52,217, plus freight. Ended up at just over $56k OTD with tax, tags, processing fee.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
So the above posts appear to be running around $6,000 to $7,000 off of MSRP.

I got $7,100 off

each market and dealer is different. You can’t negotiate the cost of toilet paper but you can on a $60,000+ vehicle.

Don’t buy until you’re happy with the deal

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
The LE is just a Rubicon with every available option. So you should be able to figure out the invoice by using the pricing guide from April and price all the options on the LE window sticker.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The LE is just a Rubicon with every available option. So you should be able to figure out the invoice by using the pricing guide from April and price all the options on the LE window sticker.
thanks but I already have a LE and I asked the question on this thread because the discussion involved invoice price for the LE.

anyone wanting to buy an LE know the invoice price for it?

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Wouldn’t the LE build quote sheet from the dealer be the only way to get an invoice price? I’m just suggesting you should be able to get close to that using the price guides from April when the LE’s were offered.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
A few Forum members have been saying they got great deals from Tri County in Limerick Pa. I see they have a LE in GC on their website.

They don't advertise deep discounts on their website, but you may want to give them a call.

JayO

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks but I already have a LE and I asked the question on this thread because the discussion involved invoice price for the LE.

anyone wanting to buy an LE know the invoice price for it?

I believe invoice price on the LE is $58,379.
Sponsored