What to do with that JT Sport bumper?

NHM95

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I recently upgraded my front bumper to a steel Mopar one. I was left with the plastic bumper and thought about selling It, but I have a feeling that its not really worth anything.

I then decided to turn it into a garage ornament. Below is a work in progress and im going to make additions in the future. For now, just tinkering around in the garage.

First, I hollowed out the bumper to make it as "light" as possible. Luckily, theres these small brackets that hold in the fog lights that I was able to keep

Jeep Gladiator What to do with that JT Sport bumper? 39D85C68-1F62-4EEF-A5E0-AECB7866D3A4

The second step was to take a two by four, or in this case, whatever you have laying around and drill a couple of holes for the top two bolts and for the studs on the tow hooks. (Yes, I know I need a longer piece of wood, but its all I had)
Jeep Gladiator What to do with that JT Sport bumper? 80911292-D35D-486C-AD4C-3CC687CC56F2

The third step is to use a speed bit for the two holes that the bolts will go through. Should look like something below. The OEM bolts are too short, so this was a way for me to use the factory bolts.
Jeep Gladiator What to do with that JT Sport bumper? 4723D32C-6872-4C4D-9E74-2071949922A6

Finally, just tighten down the two bolts. I only have one stud on the tow hooks, but the tow hooks hold up pretty well. The hooks bolt directly to the frame and hold the whole bumper to the Jeep. So, it's a must to have the tow hooks supported so they don't fall out.
Jeep Gladiator What to do with that JT Sport bumper? 19F6BC61-4551-402F-8ED1-3EF0A91C96CE

The almost final product. I added my old Illinois plate and plan to add little lights I can plug into an outlet. I also want to add something where I can hang it on a wall. It's by no means a masterpiece, but it's definitely a conversation starter.

It's a pretty "brief" explanation. Would love to hear if the Jeep community has any recommendations!
Sponsored

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
Man, that is a great idea!!! Stealing it! Will make a great tool hanger or something on garage wall.

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
Well, that’s cool. If anyone around the north end of Atlanta want to try this my plastic bumper is free and up for grabs. I’ll give it a couple more weeks then get out the Sawsall and fit it in the trash can.
Sponsored