First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Ok so now that it looks like we can get affiliate pricing, I’m thinking some people might run into this issue:

I negotiated 3% under invoice, without affiliate pricing. I called my dealer today to see how me having treadlightly would affect our deal now. They call me back and tell me that I needed that to begin with to get the deal (never mentioned and not on paperwork).

I see this now going 3 ways:

1. They honor it, give me 4% (or 5? But prolly 4)
2. They politely tell me to F off, and to take the 3% or nothing, and I do
3. Same as 2, but instead I tell them to shove the build up their ass, then find someone to give me 5%

As a caveat, they have 1g of my money via CC. Could probably fight to get that back.
Sponsored

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Ouch. Not sure what you should do...

Good luck!

Punkin Luvin

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punkin Gladiator S, 2019 Bikini Rubi JL, 1969 Bronco, 1965 Vert Chevelle, 1968 Nova, 1964 Vert Falcon, 1971 Bronco, 1976 FJ40
Depending on your build but a 55k gladiator is 500 for every 1% off invoice. So 3 to 4% is a 500 difference, 3 to 5% is 1k.
I just made an order with Kent in Idaho for right about 7% below invoice without much issue. I had one on order in cal for 1% below, the 6% came up tk about 3k difference which was worth it to me, even if I lost my deposit (TBD). The savings allowed me to upgrade to the rubi on for the same price as the sport s. If it was just a 500$ difference, I wouldn't be too upset about it, not enough to cause me to lose sleep, especially with an order already in the system. I will reset and add about 6 weeks to my wait time with the change up. Should pay for some new tires though ;-)

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
Remember that affiliate pricing and such is dependent upon dealer participation. Last time I used affiliate discount, it was to be mentioned up front and not a surprise to them as a final negotiation move. A key point of these discounts is to know your are getting a reasonable deal without blindly haggling.

As much as I hate car salesmen, fair is fair. Every business deserves to make money on each deal. The last thing I want to do is blow up a deal over a few hundred bucks just to start over with another salesman, dealership. The last car salesman I met that was worth talking to was in 2000. Nothing but sh!theads, morons and game-runners since. I still remember the two good ones, Richard in 2000 and Jack in 1995. The rest of them couldn’t tell the truth or deal straight if they were standing at the Golden Gates to save their souls.

I’d suggest not getting too greedy. Just avoid getting bent over the pickle barrel and get out of there.

Good luck with your purchase.

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I texted my dealer today if he'd give me affiliate pricing when my truck comes. They gave me MSRP when I ordered but he said if incentives came in I'd get them. If it was the 2% difference I'd stay with your order. As said above you'd be just breaking even if you lost the grand. I just hope my dealer will honor the affiliate pricing, won't know until tomorrow.

OP
OP
rvillano8188

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
I texted my dealer today if he'd give me affiliate pricing when my truck comes. They gave me MSRP when I ordered but he said if incentives came in I'd get them. If it was the 2% difference I'd stay with your order. As said above you'd be just breaking even if you lost the grand. I just hope my dealer will honor the affiliate pricing, won't know until tomorrow.
This seems fair, but I guess I was just trying to get my fair share of the savings. Figure originally, they're going to try to sell the vehicle at MSRP. 3% under invoice is roughly 8 or 9% under MSRP. With the affiliate pricing, they get their proper kickback from FCA, and I just want them to share :LOL:.

But yes, you're probably right. should just take what I got. Without this forum, I'd be paying MSRP, or worse, I would've overspent and gotten a raptor instead and really pissed off the wife :piggybank:
Sponsored