First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jtur diesel 21
Occupation
Business
So I threw up a post about how much I thought Jeep blew it using Springsteen for there Super Bowl Commercial. Almost as bad as using DeCaprio or Bill Nye. Anyway the responses were thought provoking and Interesting, just jeepers with opinions . Awesome! Next thing thread is shut down. Whats with that?
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
The moderators shut down conversations which turn political. I had a post in a thread about the US 9th Circuit Court deleted by a moderator because they claimed it was a political statement...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
You boys want to talk politics then post on these forums, I hear enough of it on TV and news feeds, I guess y'all missed that the name of this forum is Jeep gladiator forum.

http://www.politicalforum.com/index.php

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
You boys want to talk politics then post on these forums, I hear enough of it on TV and news feeds, I guess y'all missed that the name of this forum is Jeep gladiator forum.

I don’t disagree with the no-politics policy. This is a place we should all enjoy, and politics ruins that. I didn’t view my comment about the “Nutty 9th” as political. I figured that was universal...;)

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired

I look at it like this: I asked if I could be a part of this "virtual cocktail party" and was graciously accepted. Now, when I'm invited in, if the host asks me to please leave my shoes at the door, I leave my shoes at the door. I don't argue that my shoes are clean or that my socks are torn as I am a guest in this house and will conduct myself accordingly.
If I find that not wearing shoes is intolerable, it is not my place as a guest to argue with the host. I will simply find another party. Cheers!🥃

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)

weird...I thought the subject area said OFF TOPIC....which means off the topic of jeeps.

Ive been members of others boards, where basically it was where everything goes. Now those boards were fun. Its not as fun when you gotta dance around egg shells.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t disagree with the no-politics policy. This is a place we should all enjoy, and politics ruins that. I didn’t view my comment about the “Nutty 9th” as political. I figured that was universal...;)
Oh no, I'm not pointing a finger at you.
weird...I thought the subject area said OFF TOPIC....which means off the topic of jeeps.

Ive been members of others boards, where basically it was where everything goes. Now those boards were fun. Its not as fun when you gotta dance around egg shells.
I don't make the rules but this forum is different. If your interested in speaking your mind, there's other ones like Pirate you can get on and pretty much anything goes, I know of another one that's more tame now that it used to be because it's under new management. All I'm saying is they got their rules and if we don't like it then it's their rules, we can either follow it or don't get back on the site

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/help/terms/

Sponsored

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
I look at it like this: I asked if I could be a part of this "virtual cocktail party" and was graciously accepted. Now, when I'm invited in, if the host asks me to please leave my shoes at the door, I leave my shoes at the door. I don't argue that my shoes are clean or that my socks are torn as I am a guest in this house and will conduct myself accordingly.
If I find that not wearing shoes is intolerable, it is not my place as a guest to argue with the host. I will simply find another party. Cheers!🥃
I understand what you're trying to say... the difference, however, is that someone wearing shoes in a place where it's unwarranted can cause issues that need to be resolved (stained carpets, torn up hard wood, mud on the tile) and there is no amendment in the US constitution protecting the right to wear shoes wherever someone pleases.

Words are just words, and limiting them doesn't change the way people think or feel. It just hides their feelings/thoughts from the public. Take, for example, overt, actual racist speech... if you limit it, or if you delete it, all you are doing is sending it underground. Those assholes will always exist, and if you let them say how they feel out in the open, then you know who they are and you can stay the fuck away from them.

Limiting someone's ability to speak freely because it hurts your feelings, no matter what it is, will always be a negative thing.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Its a privately owned forum without a membership fee. It provides a great service and has helped many. I wouldn't have been able to buy my Gladiator if not for the purchasing spreadsheet I got from here. I would not have had my steering issue handled if not for the people here. I get and read advice daily that helps me here ...

We get this for FREE ... But someone pays the bills. And they set the rules ...

Believe me, I am as hard core against the current events in the USA and this cancel culture thing is a travesty ...

But, a locked thread on this forum that clearly violates the usage guidelines that are posted and easily accessible AND were agreed to when we signed up ain't cancel culture ... Not even close ...

It is good management of a site that has clear policies.

And as pointed out above, if you agree to policies when signing up, then proceed to break the policies, then proceed to get mad and vocal about it than you are a whiner ...

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I understand what you're trying to say... the difference, however, is that someone wearing shoes in a place where it's unwarranted can cause issues that need to be resolved (stained carpets, torn up hard wood, mud on the tile) and there is no amendment in the US constitution protecting the right to wear shoes wherever someone pleases.

Words are just words, and limiting them doesn't change the way people think or feel. It just hides their feelings/thoughts from the public. Take, for example, overt, actual racist speech... if you limit it, or if you delete it, all you are doing is sending it underground. Those assholes will always exist, and if you let them say how they feel out in the open, then you know who they are and you can stay the fuck away from them.

Limiting someone's ability to speak freely because it hurts your feelings, no matter what it is, will always be a negative thing.
You are not limited in your freedom of speech. You can speak it in any public place, and it can not be limited by the government as the Constitution provides. This forum is private property, another aspect of the Constitution that is equally important. I have no feelings on this matter to share, I am just trying to be a respectful guest. This is someone's home, not the town square.

Dash68

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR
Occupation
Astronaut
Its a privately owned forum without a membership fee. It provides a great service and has helped many. I wouldn't have been able to buy my Gladiator if not for the purchasing spreadsheet I got from here. I would not have had my steering issue handled if not for the people here. I get and read advice daily that helps me here ...

We get this for FREE ... But someone pays the bills. And they set the rules ...

Believe me, I am as hard core against the current events in the USA and this cancel culture thing is a travesty ...

But, a locked thread on this forum that clearly violates the usage guidelines that are posted and easily accessible AND were agreed to when we signed up ain't cancel culture ... Not even close ...

It is good management of a site that has clear policies.

And as pointed out above, if you agree to policies when signing up, then proceed to break the policies, then proceed to get mad and vocal about it than you are a whiner ...
Is there a way to determine the owner of this site?