Sponsored

What wheels have a rash ring that don't have a big negative offset?

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
So I wanted to keep my wheels tucked, ordered new AEV Borah wheels & then found that I cant use them with my lift. So I am looking for other options closer to 0 offset that have a removable/replaceable rash ring.

I know the Borah JK version would work, but I dont like the wheels enough for the price with the ring if I gotta be sticking so far out. The Teraflex Nomad are in consideration, but I find them kinda ugly.

So what other options have a ring, plastic or metal that can be taken off, repainted, repaired or replaced.
Sponsored

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Don't know what you're calling big, Dirty Life is -12 and has either a rash ring or for extra $$ bead lock ring.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Don't know what you're calling big, Dirty Life is -12 and has either a rash ring or for extra $$ bead lock ring.
Thats still bigger then I want. But its not too bad. That add's about an inch of overall width.

Its a null point now anyway though.. To send the wheels back it'll cost me almost 400. Not willing to eat that much. I will just install them & hope that Clayton is wrong & these will clear. With the synergy 1.75" spacers that will put me at an equivalent of a -19 offset so its wider then I want as well, but I already have the wheels so its easier to stomach being too wide when its with what I already have.

Sponsored

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oops, sorry. I somehow missed that part. My bad.
No worries... If I end up changing wheels they are currently at the top of my list even though they are ugly since they have both the rash ring & that handy dandy little deflate valve.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
what about Mopar Beadlock/rockrash wheel very close to Borah or maybe just replace your lower control arms for ones that work with the weels

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
what about Mopar Beadlock/rockrash wheel very close to Borah or maybe just replace your lower control arms for ones that work with the weels
The Mopar were a strong consideration before I bought the Borah. I like them better, but wanted the more tucked look. As it is right now though I am going to try the borah's.. I have done lots of poking around the JL forum & nobody has had issues or had to run spacers with a lift that I can find. So Clayton may be giving a CYA answer. Plus I do have the Max Tow so I got some extra width there which with the Borah would be pretty close to running a 0 offset on the regular sport width axle.

The 400 dollar loss to return the Borah's is also driving me to do it this way & if need be I will spend 200 on the Synergy wheel spacers.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
The Mopar were a strong consideration before I bought the Borah. I like them better, but wanted the more tucked look. As it is right now though I am going to try the borah's.. I have done lots of poking around the JL forum & nobody has had issues or had to run spacers with a lift that I can find. So Clayton may be giving a CYA answer. Plus I do have the Max Tow so I got some extra width there which with the Borah would be pretty close to running a 0 offset on the regular sport width axle.

The 400 dollar loss to return the Borah's is also driving me to do it this way & if need be I will spend 200 on the Synergy wheel spacers.
i had the JK Borah's on my overland and didn't rub my JKS lower arms or anything

Sponsored

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Keep us updated on what you find with the Borah. I like those wheels. Throw us some pics showing the tuck down the side.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Keep us updated on what you find with the Borah. I like those wheels. Throw us some pics showing the tuck down the side.
This doesnt actually help anyone as I have aftermarket fenders.
Sponsored